Hungry Jack's Employee Reviews

Learnt alot
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney Eastern Suburbs NSW20 February 2018
They have rubbish management and no respect for the staff members who are working there buts off. The need to remember that it’s isually 14+ year olds working for them. Foods pretty good tho customers have no respect but that’s customer to 2018 now
Pros
I got paid, shifts weren’t too bad
Cons
No help from managers, a lot of abuse on a daily, oil everywhere and the smell of dirt and oil stained your clothes
Not Glamorous But It Pays The Bills
CREW MEMBER AND MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wendouree VIC19 February 2018
I worked there for five years and it was an alright experience. Had some ups and some downs and at the end of the day it was a reliable income that pays the bills.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Quick Turn-Over.
Was alright to work there
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTITIVE (Former Employee) –  Maryborough QLD18 February 2018
Was alright working there but didn’t get along with many people in the company. I didn’t really enjoy working there at first due to a few different reasons
Hungry Jacks
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perth WA18 February 2018
its was a great place to Begin my working days off. The management was great but lacked to give help when needed at times and also stock wasn't being up to scratch so we were behind on orders when I was their. All up though, a great atmosphere and very easy to handle. Also I was trained up by workers who been their for years and were still in not promoted to TL(Team Leader) Which was pretty sad cause I ended up giving training to some new workers joining H'Js after I've worked there for no more than 6months.
Pros
Great Hours
workplace
hungry jacks (Former Employee) –  Loganholme QLD16 February 2018
it was fast pace and a good first job and i like it and freindly , a good learning expired and i would encourage people to get this job as a first job its a good learning point
Pros
good work mates and boss
Cons
greezy floors
hungry jacks
cahsier (Former Employee) –  Bathurst NSW15 February 2018
definitely one of the worse places iv'e worked only cause it was so dirty all the time some of the staff were great to work with others not so much.
bit i believe it has become a bit better.
It’s a good workplace fun and enjoyable busy at times but always a good working environment
All rounder (Current Employee) –  Epping VIC14 February 2018
The place is good and the stuff always willing to help the working environment is always fun and easy to settle in the crew is always willing and active and always willing to give a hand
fast pased working environment
Customer Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Edwardstown SA14 February 2018
working for hungry jacks is working in a fast passed environment where communication and team work are essential, busy periods include breakfast, lunch, after school and dinner, in between service times are for cleaning and top up of necessary products for the next rush period.
Pros
staff discounts 25% other store manage 50% store manager 100%
Cons
not good for those who have problems with heat or stress
Stressful but sometimes alright
Front counter customer service (Former Employee) –  Belmont VIC14 February 2018
A typical day you would take order from customers and make the food or take drive thru orders. Also would pay off orders using the till. Some of the management was really nice, others were not.
Sometimes the managers would yell at you when things got stressful for things that are not your fault.
Also the customers could be really rude if you take too long.
Most of the people working there are really nice and you can make friends really easy.
Pros
Being put on shifts with good people
Cons
Having to stay back really late if you are closing
Okay
Crew Member - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Cannington WA14 February 2018
The pay is quite average whilst working there at a young age
There are good working conditions
There are good managers in the conpany
Hours can be quite average
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours
fast paced
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hoxton Park NSW13 February 2018
Generally a Hard days work with low income
the hardest part of the job is having to juggle 5 tasks at once as theyre always severely understaffed
benefits are that the hours avery flexible
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
intense work
interesting
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Gladstone QLD13 February 2018
fast paced environment where your expected to be constantly moving and always doing something, not just standing around doing nothing of having a chat.
Pros
not much
Cons
not enough shifts
Fun working with a Team being a Team Leader
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Circular Quay NSW12 February 2018
I got placed in Hungry Jack when they opened a new store in Circular quay.we got our training from domestic and international airport.sometime we had to go the the Central Station in order to complete our assignment and then we were able to work in our new store.Almost busy all time during the inital stage.
Pros
Free food for some time
Cons
later took money for food
fun work place
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Burwood NSW11 February 2018
. lunch hour quite busy hour
. one can learn how to work in a fast paced environment
. fun work place.
. encouraging management
. multi tasking work environment
Try not to work there if you or a family member have health issues
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD10 February 2018
The store I worked in at the age of 16, had a manager at the time who wasn’t very good at managing his time well and if he need to do training with staff would leave it until the last possible minute to do it, this happened to me my mother has type one diabetes and she was waiting for me to come out of the store half an haour after my shift had finished and I was still inside doing training with the manger, my mother had walked into the store to see when I would be done only to see me still doing the training, it would be another 10 minutes before I would leave the store to go home, at which time the manger caught me on the way out to say that he wasn’t very happy with the way my mother had walked into the store to see when I would be done. (At the time we lived over half and hr away from the store.) Needless to say after my mum found out bout how the manger had treated me I had effectively handed in my notice effective immediately.
the hardest part of the job
Costumer service (Current Employee) –  Darlinghurst NSW9 February 2018
at first, i felt really hard to work in Hungry jacks because i had not work before as that was my first job. the things that made hard to work in hungry jacks were dealing with costumer, taking order and servicing. though manager supported me and helped me and i gave my best. after all i awarded by member of the month.
Work and play
Hungry Jacks Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Airlie Beach QLD7 February 2018
The hardest part of the job is trying to get orders out fast with everything right. The most enjoyable part is the friendly staff, the smiles that you get for all the happy customers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
5 hour shifts
Satisfactory workpace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Carseldine QLD6 February 2018
The job was simple. They would show you what to do and you follow. I caught on pretty easily which was great. However, there were heaps of times during rush hour where you had to multitask and you were low on staff. The management was okay but definitely not perfect. There was a lot of workplace drama, which never involved me, but it always affected my work. That was the hardest part of the job. Dealing with those who couldn't separate personal matters from a business matter. The most enjoyable part, however, was when the inspector would come in to grade the restaurant. The team would always work hard to get the best grade and we did every time.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Low staff
Good for flexibility only
Team Member / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD6 February 2018
They were great for flexibility but expect too much from their staff. I had major surgery and a medical certificate to have 6 weeks off and was told after 2 weeks to return or have no job. I return provided I could sit as I could not stand after my surgery. They said it was ok and then refused to let me sit and I ended up having more surgery to fix the damage it caused
Pros
Flexible hours as a single mum
Cons
bad management
I usually stand on the cashier and serve customers.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Circular Quay NSW5 February 2018
When it's busy, I sometimes came at the back to help. It was so fun when working on team and nothing is hard at all. The crew members are from many backgrounds, therefore, I have known many different cultures and standards. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the customers saying thank you every time I finished serving.
Pros
Free lunches