Hungry Jack's Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great Place To Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mebourne VIC15 September 2017
Working at Hungry Jacks was a very fast-paced, easy learning job. If you were set on a target, the staff were willing to help you reach your goal.

Hours/time off are flexible.

Staff are friendly and eager to work hard and work as a team.

Hours are great, pay is amazing.
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA15 September 2017
Most of the team member were of my age so working there was delightful, always looked forward to going to work. Learned how to work the tilt on my own pretty fast and the cleaning wasn't so hard either.
Pros
Free drinks, discount
Cons
long standing hours
Great start in life
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Hackham SA13 September 2017
This was my first job and they helped me so much in my work life, they give you so much training to better yourself.
they were very flexible and happy to accommodate me after having children.
Busy and quality-driven work environment
Part-time crew member (Former Employee) –  Busselton WA11 September 2017
Working at Hungry Jacks had, as all jobs do, it's pros and cons. The on-the-job training was precise and well-formatted, giving me the necessary skills needed to perform my job to the optimum level. On the other hand, the working environment was not entirely pleasant. The manager was heavily focused on results, to the point where she did not care massively about the wellbeing of her staff, which is not ideal in a workplace. The advancement opportunities were practically nonexistent, the balance between work and home was frequently interrupted by impromptu phonecalls at varied hours demanding I come into work at a moment's notice. My fellow crew members, however, made the job not just bearable (because, at times, the job wasn't) but also, at times, pleasant.

Overall, the job was fairly nondescript, but given the opportunity, I would (not gladly, but willingly) work there again.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Work/Home balance, Demand
good
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 September 2017
I believe that I enjoyed working a Hungry Jacks.

I did training and I was there for a week.

the hardest part of the job was the hours.

management was good
Pros
free food
fun workplace
crew member (Current Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD9 September 2017
Hungry jacks is all about making our customers happy so everyday we learn where we went wrong on during the day to make our speed of service town slow so that we can bring it up the next day same goes for our drivthrough times
Pros
flexble hours
Cons
lack or organisation
Lies, bullying, lies
Maintenance and cleaning (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD9 September 2017
Hungry Jack's does not promote a good work environment or culture within their stores.
Management are always lying and taking advantage of the fact young workers don't know their rights.
Probably a good 'starter' job while in school, but in no way is it suitable for anything other than that.
Pros
It can be okay at times if left alone
Cons
Bullying, very young managers with no work/life experience. Kids managing kids
Love working here
Hospitality (Current Employee) –  Parkmore VIC7 September 2017
I've been at hungry jacks for 6 moths now I'm loving the experience learning new things everyday, it's a good and cheery environment to be in people and managers are nice and always there to help
Pros
Love the people
Cons
Pays alright
Fun workplace great first job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Manly NSW4 September 2017
I learnt alot at hungry jacks it would have to be the best job I have done. Good staff good management was good to have something to do after school and weekends kept me out of trouble and I had money to buy my own things and not rely on my parents.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Rude customers
Didn't like some of the managers
Burger room (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD3 September 2017
enjoy it at first was getting great hours until later on through the year I was getting less hours and a lot of stress. Starting disliking the managers and how they were treating me and decided to quit and not spend more time there
Cons
Not enough hours

Want to know more about Hungry Jack's?

Ask a question
working as a casual employee
Front Counter (Former Employee) –  Southland Centre VIC3 September 2017
I came to quickly not enjoy work, though i did get experience and free food sometimes it did make me stress a lot and being still in high school i found it very overwhelming and having to deal with bad customers was the absolute worst, one time a man was so angry he came back swearing and yelling at us. And rush hour was also so bad, and i feel that i have a better understanding of the food industry now.
Pros
free food and work mates
Cons
stressful, bad pay
Great Atmosphere and crew mates, bad management
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bulleen VIC2 September 2017
Working in fast food is a very fast-paced environment and requires you to be quick on your toes. I was a kitchen crew member and had great crew mates to help me keep up in this environment, but management constantly under-performed; whether they are constantly taking personal calls or having frequent social conversations with the front-counter staff.
Pros
Meal discounts, dynamic environment, competent crew mates
Cons
Long hours, bad management, frequent equipment issues
Okay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Werribee VIC31 August 2017
While employed at hungry Jacks' I developed the skill to work in a team. I have
developed how to handle group task and how to work efficiently and productively in a
group without wasting time and using all the time available to necessary uses without
procrastinating. I have also learned how to work under pressure and how to present
myself in a professional manner, while under pressure and stress.
Pros
The crew
Cons
The rush
good started job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Surfers Paradise QLD30 August 2017
theres not a lot you can say about working in fast food it patsy bills but the team members were good to work with there is always an option to grow within the team and climb the ladder.
Sorta productive work place
Hospitality (Current Employee) –  Queensland30 August 2017
The work place at hungry jacks was helpful but wasn't very profuctive and not many people do their job properly. It was a good first job but I didn't enjoy working st the place and would enjoy a new job in retail and that is productive and everything is flowing and good people to work with
Ok workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD30 August 2017
It was an ok place to work but the hygiene and OH&S practices were a little under par. Although I know that the managers were working towards fixing this problem. I was young and took having a stable job for granted. I am looking for a stable job.
Productive, Fun and Fast paced.
Counter Hand (Current Employee) –  Mount Ommaney QLD30 August 2017
A day at hungry jacks the work is fast paced and difficult but as hard it can be there are many people there to help you. The work environment is fun and playful but also serious. The best part of this job is that you meet many different people and can have many fun experiences, the hardest part of this job would be when there are big rushes and everyone must communicate and work in this fast and crazy environment.
Pros
Good Workers
Cons
Stressfull shifts
Fun and safe workplace, healthy environment
Cashier/ Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Mount Sheridan QLD30 August 2017
i have leanred a lot working at hungry jacks from handeling can, customer service, making and preparing the food and team work. i have been offered to train as a manager when i finish school which i havent decided. i love working in the hospitality industry as it is enjoyable and fun.
Pros
meeting new people, working around food
Cons
can be stressful
Enjoyable job experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Traralgon VIC29 August 2017
Enjoyable career that gave me experience in a restaurant and the advantage to have a job. The day consisted of preparation of product and cleaning the work place. Learned to thoroughly clean and detail my work area. The hardest part of the job was getting everything everyone had asked to be done before it was time to go. The most enjoyable part of the job was making burgers for customers.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Not a really fun company to work with.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Griffith NSW28 August 2017
What I have learned from Hungry Jack's is customer service. Serving customers with a smile. I don't really like the environment as people are racist. They speak their own language while in the workplace and it wasn't really nice. It depends actually.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
few hours