Hunter New England Health Employee Reviews

Fun working environment, amazing team members
Administration Trainee (Former Employee) –  Tamworth NSW8 November 2016
I would recommend Hunter New England Health as a work because it is a great place to work. The people are great, the atmosphere is amazing.
A typical day at the office is always busy and always something different
I learned time managent skills and I learnt about files and coding.
Managment and team members are great and easy going but are also there for anything you need.
Pros
Staff cafeteria
Cons
Not enough hours in the day
Great work environment
Trainee - Orthopaedics (Former Employee) –  Hunter Valley NSW22 May 2016
Good Department with interesting case load. Given large amount of autonomy with decision making and ongoing care. Good location and training scheme
Fast paced environment
ASSISTANT IN NURSING (Former Employee) –  Muswellbrook24 February 2016
Working at Muswellbrook hospital in their aged care facility was fast paced and demanding with high care need residents. This was a very rewarding place to work and supportive senior management.
Hospital security officer (Former Employee) –  Cessnock NSW22 February 2016
The job is ok if you are full time or Permanent Part time. The nursing staff is great to work with and always different people you meet each day
gained a wealth of experience
Hospital Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, NSW8 October 2015
Hunter New England Health provided me with experience that I have carried over into my own personal life. I made great new friends in my co workers. management were very understanding when I had a personal issue . the loss of a loved one. I thoroughly enjoyed my time and experience at The Maitland Hospital.
Pros
made new friends
Cons
salary does not measure the work a cleaner does in the public sector.
Rewarding, self satisfying
Court Diversion Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW30 August 2015
By my own rating everying about working as a court diversion case manager was fantastic.... except job security because I was in the position awaiting a redundancy A typical day was never typical, attending court, new referrals, assessments for the Magerstrates Early Referral Into Treatment (MERIT), liasing with the legal fraternity. Other days were filled by working with complex clients, (counselling, liasing with various services, supporting, facilitating group work).
My co-workers were great, some I had worked with in previous areas of drug and alcohol, we werea family. There was no hard part of the job per say except feeling the heartache of a significant other in relation to a breakdown caused by another,s drug use.
The most enjoyable part of the job was a client completing the program, standing in court and the client being acknowledged for their achievement.
HNEH management had an open door policy and was always very supportive.
What I learned.... In 22 years of working and helping people as a nurse and drug and alcohol worker I have learned that we are all people,... we are all different, and none of us are perfect. There is an element of good in most if not all people, given the conditions and situation for it (the good) to shine through. It certainly shone through on many ocassions working in MERIT
Pros
Seeing people turn thier lives around and the comfort of working with great staff
Cons
No cons that I can think of
Excellent work environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Tamworth, NSW24 June 2014
I thoroughly enjoy the work that I do, even though I am only a volunteer. Work colleagues are exceptional in the work that they do and pleasant to work with.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
It's very hard to gain a paid position.
Excellent work environment with good support
Medical Typist/receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, NSW9 June 2014
My day at work involved full reception duties, medical typing, liaising with outpatient clinics and GP's as well as working closely with the medical staff helping them wherever possible from an administration point of view. My co-workers were very dedicated and loyal and we all worked very well as a team. The hardest part of the role was not being able to be 100% up to date at the end of each day due to the fact that not all doctors were able to do their dictation on time due to their tight theatre and clinic commitments. The best part of the role was finding satisfaction in helping all members of staff and being confident to carry out my duties to the best of my ability.
Pros
Secure position with access to good training and support
Cons
Nil
community assessment full functionals dementia assessment
Social Worker - Aged Care Assessment Service (Former Employee) –  Taree, NSW22 April 2014
great workplace travelling the community great allied health team worked well with nursing staff meeting with many people with lots of variety in the job. I learned great skills working with doctors nursing staff
Pros
Variety each day
Cons
familiarisation of role slightly isolated from other social work services
Enjoyable work place
RECEPTIONIST / ADMINISTRATION OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Newcastle23 January 2014
A typical day at work: This service is busy, I love this role I enjoy it, I love all the clients and staff.So when I start work I retrieve the messages from the answering machine, do the mail, petty cash answer the phone, and do whatever is asked of me.I have learned a lot of postive things for example I have learn't to be and act professional, new skills, and conflict resolution.My co-workers are fantastic people and because I work with a range of people ranging from professional people like Drs, Social workers, Case managers,Coordinators, high levels of management, and admin staff, there all great people and I have a good working rapport with all of them.The hardest part of my job is knowing that it is ending because of funding, and sometimes can be a little bit repetitious.The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing every-one every day puts 110% in to all our clients to make sure that they have the ultimate outcome for their needs.
Pros
Doing something that doesn't feel like it's a chore.
Cons
There are no Cons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hunter New England Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5