ICE Design Employee Reviews

An experience!
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD20 August 2017
Was a great position to grow my people skills, definitely enhanced my love for customer and client care which has helped for positions following.

I have a great love for customer service and this was the job to put me out there and grow my skills.
productive work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grafton NSW14 August 2017
I mainly was on the register and also always unpacking new clothes and stock.
Management was good overall a great place to work at and I loved every minute of it.
productive , enjoyable and creative
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broadmeadows VIC29 July 2017
I had a great pleasure working for a good fashion company with great quality outwears , i absolutely loved and enjoyed working in a team with my coworkers and what i loved the most was meeting different types of customers and helping them out with their needs and giving them advise on their outfit choices . As time passed i developed skills that helped me communicate better with my customers such as making them feel welcomed as they came in the store ,assisting them with their needs, giving them advise on their out fit choices and ideas of what outfits suited their age group. i also learned how to make plenty of sales and bring customers in making them feel special and unique , i also learned to manage my time proactively making sure to take part in as many activities as i could during the day such as helping with merchandising including putting the designs on the display, replacing the new intakes with the old ones and so on. I had a great time working in retail and hope to continue it on in the future .
Great for a routine based lifestyle
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny SA22 July 2017
Work typically consisted of a professional yet comfortable and fun environment that enabled all staff to get along and successfully help provide the best experience for customers. I learned many skills such as how to communicate with customers and help them with their ultimate goal of finding the items they were on the hunt for. I also learnt further skills in retail such as how to handle working under pressure and commercial awareness. I enjoyed being part of a hands on team with a good work ethic and motivation to run a successful business. The most challenging part of the job was management of a busy store however with perseverance and teamwork as well as self motivation that was an easily overcome obstacle.
Pros
great environment
Cons
difficult customers
Friendly workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Browns Plains QLD16 June 2017
Great energy, great store, friendly staff members. I learned everything I know about retail, such as customer service skills, how to put through sales, how to dress mannequins, how to do the bin run.
Fun work environment
2IC MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dubbo NSW24 May 2017
Great bubbly work environment, great people, great mix of work and fun, awesome experience and great opportunities to advance in the company and in the retail environment itself.
fun place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Noarlunga Centre SA21 May 2017
ICE design is a great retail place that has respectful staff and is a great work place. I enjoyed the time I spent there as a work experience person I was treated well.
Pros
meeting new people
The best place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD9 May 2017
I personally believe Ice Design is a great place to work. It was friendly. I learnt how to manage time and have fun while working. Management was great. The hardest part of the job was was only at the beginning when trying to learn the different required areas of the job.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
didn't have any cons
Poor
Assistant Store Manaager (Former Employee) –  Narellan NSW23 April 2017
Went into Liquidation.
Resigned before I knew what was going to happen.
Bullied and abused by regionals.
Was underapid the legal retial award amount.
Poor clothing quality.
Ice design is a fun place to work in
Retail (Former Employee) –  Noarlunga Centre SA12 February 2017
when I did work experience at ICE design I learned how to syle mannequins, make sales, greet customers, present a wall, put things away and be a team member
Pros
Making friends
fun, never bored place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Bankstown NSW12 February 2017
always greated with a smile and a laugh by my team and management
music was always playing
had great customers,
whenever there was a customer complaint my manager would step up and deal with it with a good manner
the best part of the job was my team because we had all gotten very close and just worked great together
Pros
good music, great team
Cons
was hardly busy
Productive, postive people to work with
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Kingaroy QLD23 January 2017
The other employees at ICE design were very positive towards everything and made the job worthwhile, the job was very full on always putting clothes on racks, greeting the customers and letting them know about what sales are on, always on the job
Music to listen and dancing
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW16 January 2017
its very demanding, i learn new things everyday and learn more about my self
Love listening and dancing at the same time wile working
Helping out customers to choose their outfits for occasions
talking to new customers everyday gaining new experiences everyday
Hardest part of the job is unpacking clothes and hanging them and closing down part where you would have to vacuum the whole store!!
Pros
Breaks are 1 hour
great
Casual sales (Former Employee) –  Noosaville QLD6 January 2017
loved working there, manager was great, loved the fashion available from this store, loved all the customers and work colleagues were amazing to work with
Fun work enviroment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD14 December 2016
was awesome going to work but the managers need to sort out how much they pay people and be more organised but other then that it was a awesome job
retail with clothes
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW12 December 2016
it was a very good shop until we had to close down but it overall it was a good job always working love working no matter what job it is im happy to work there
Pros
store discount
Brilliant work place.
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Darling Harbour NSW9 December 2016
I absolutely loved my time at ICE the people I worked with ever day I was there and just some of the people I've met while on the job and interacting with customers. I've acquired many skills from my then boss and wish that the company was still up and running as it was a good workplace and I would recomend it as a safe and stable workplace that made me feel happy to come to work.
Pros
Awesome people with amazing work ethics
Cons
Some rude customers
Amazing
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA25 October 2016
At ICE design there are a range of different people you work with, some quirky, some classy, the list goes on, but at the end of the day they are all lovely people.
Pros
lunches
Cons
Company gone down hill, upper management BULLIES
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Queensland14 October 2016
Ice was an amazing company to initially work for before they closed down and re opened. Regionals were changed and it was a nightmare. They have 0 respect for employees and you are just a number to them.
The company will just close down again because the quality of the products are still bad quality but with a higher price tag.
And the name change to try to appeal to a new market of people..... Also heard they laugh in head office and make jokes about who is getting fired next in store
New regional is belittling and talks down to her managers and uses intimidation to get people to step down. Fair trade really needs to get involved with this company
They don't treat their staff well at all! It's DISGUSTING!
Stay away from working here!!!!
Pros
The amazing girls you get to work with
Cons
New regional is condescending, belittling and bullies staff
Fun and easy workplace. Great atmosphere. Very friendly staff.
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD12 October 2016
Working at Ice Design for the week I was there, I loved it.
The staff were so helpful, friendly and easy to get along with.
It was so easy going and just chill.
The atmosphere was great.
I would definitely recommend applying/shopping there.
Pros
Friendly staff. Long lunches.
Cons
There was a lot of clutter in the aisles.