IKEA Employee Reviews

Interesting multinational company
Co-worker - Customer Service Centre (Current Employee) –  Tempe NSW7 January 2018
Company shortcomings such as availability of products and services are challenging so dealing with customer complaints is ongoing. IKEA prides itself as an innovative company but some of the operational systems are very conservative. This appears to be a deliberate policy and online shopping is a case in point.
Pros
Good vibe with other members of staff
Cons
A lot of the work is repetitive.
Inventory Control
Inventory Control Co-worker - Full time (Former Employee) –  Moorebank NSW13 December 2017
Inventory Control is an important part of IKEA business.

Forecasting - I am doing stocktake every week to get the correct stock at my Distribution Centre. Based on the data collecting, I forecast what we need in a week, 1 month, 3 months and 6 months.

Identify root cause of discrepancy and act on correction.

Following up with orders.

Review forecasting method.
productive and fun
Sales co-worker (Former Employee) –  Logan City QLD4 December 2017
Task focused
great for developing your retail skills.
management was lacking while i was there.
Fun and friendly co-workers.
weekends were full on.
best part was being able to develop new skills.
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
management not the best while i was there
I am working IKEA home delivery 5 yours team leader and assembler
Work as assembler (Current Employee) –  kuwait21 November 2017
I am working IKEA home delivery 5 yours team leader and assembler I am working office staff 2 yours I have experienced office work also Where is my position discuss the team I am dispatch everyday 35 truck and 78 staff I am working Saudi Arabia also 5 yours there is my position staring carpenter Group lieder
Pros
team leader
Boring work place
Storeman/Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Marsden Park NSW30 October 2017
Too many managers not enough workers. hardest part of the job is staying awake. most enjoyable part of the day was going home. I didn't really learn anything new because I have been in warehousing for many years. If anything I only learnt how to drive their fork lifts because they are different to what I'm use to.
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
fortnight pay. pay rate.
Good pay but very boring
Cashline worker (Former Employee) –  Marsden Park NSW6 September 2017
they lack management and a work-life balance. The company overall is very good with many benefits, however this store in particular is a nightmare. If you wanna work 3 weekends in a row and be asked to stay back for many hours every shift this is the place for you. Oh and if you want to be harassed with phone calls to come in on your one weekend off a month, sign right up
Pick & Deliver, Self-Serve Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond VIC23 July 2017
My job at IKEA was particularly good for me as i was entering the final year of my university studies. There was plenty of flexibility when it comes to my working hours & management were very good in this regards. In terms of work culture, I would have to say it was quite excellent as we regularly held team bonding events which certainly improved team morale.
productive and fun workplace with table tennis table
ANC delivery (Former Employee) –  Browns Plains QLD16 June 2017
well I like quickly and like to be on time if we late for delivery make sure we let know to the customer
I have learned responsibility and my team people help me if I don't know anything they help me
Pros
Cons
part time
good benefits
FOOD (Former Employee) –  Springvale VIC26 April 2017
they have a coworker restaurant offer with good food very cheap. good. as well, flexibility on roster to help the work/life balance. but better if you have flexibility, of course.
Great Diverse Environment
Customer Relations Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond VIC11 April 2017
IKEA is a fantastic delve into a highly organised retail company that appreciates its employees and will never hesitate to support you and your needs when possible.
It has various departments so it really caters to all sorts of skills levels.
Pros
Employee cafeteria, bonuses, Xmas gift and events
Cons
High volume customers of peak periods, can be stressful
busy but well supported by team management
Logistics Co Worker (Current Employee) –  North Lakes QLD6 April 2017
Good place to work with good benefits. Extensive training and support is always offered with a great management team running things. Everyone works well together and is happy to help at any time.
Pros
discounted lunches
Everybody is fun and friendly
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 March 2017
Ikea has values and high expectations. The management crew focuses on achieving higher in life and will support you through all that.
The best job ever!!
Logistics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT26 February 2017
I was working holiday in Canberra while I was employed by IKEA.
The people there are super friendly. And most important of all, it is a company that will real care about you and willing to train their labor to get a better skills. I learn a lot from this job, not only do I got my forklift license, but also enrolled into the retailing environment that I realize how to interact with the customers.
There are too many benefit I can't tell in these words, if it wasn't the limited of my visa, it is the best company that I would like to follow forever.
IKEA = togetherness
Graphic Communication Leader (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 February 2017
Working at IKEA has made me realise that there is such thing as a perfect work environment and now that is the one thing I look for in my next career path!
Pros
Freedom, equality and respect
Cons
Wish I ate more meatballs!
IKEA Australia. Sad, so sad.
Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 January 2017
Very unconventional place! Management style is based on management-by-default not design and fresh initiatives are not welcome or taken seriously. It's simply a practice of ''do things the way they have always been - even if it's clearly obsolete''.

IKEA Australia is emblematic of an American expression - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But this isn't always the right approach.

- Operations are unwholesome,
- Managers are too laid back and don't take the initiative, Can you wonder how IKEA made people a manager without an acumen. Lols!
- Poor staff levels especially within departments which require physically fit men and women.
- The job roster system is not carefully planned and adjusted to suit the co-workers work/life balance because it's always IKEA's daily/weekly/monthly budget FIRST, nothing else matters.

This is the foundation of IKEA job-related complaints, IKEA HR know but really, - IKEA HR couldn't care less.

Sell! Sell! Sell!

So sad!
Pros
Cheap Food
Cons
Very poor management
productive fun job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD11 January 2017
best job ever I'm so lucky to work for this two companies, I have being congratulated in both of them for my managers and supervisors ,for the customer service and job delivery , when I did start my career last year as a security, I did only have casual jobs on weekends , now I'm contracted for two of the best companies and working for top clients , but I'm looking for good pay rate and some spare time to be with my family that's because I'm applying to work at the mines
Pros
free coffe and refreshments 2$ all you can fill in a plate from a varieity of meals
Cons
good working hours
Stuck
Home Delivery Co-Worker (Former Employee) –  Service Fulfilment26 August 2016
A job at IKEA is too comfortable. You fall in love with the people you lose focus on the fact that you have a future career to work towards and what was just a part time job during uni is now a full time job you use as an excuse for not looking for positions in your field.
All the team memebers work together and genuinely care about each other.
Textiles Sales Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 August 2016
I had a great time working at IKEA. Its the best job I ever had unfortunately I have to leave because of family commitments and unable to work during weekends or late nights. There are lots of people I know who started out as part time coworkers, made a good name and moved to full-time positions. They always support potential co-workers to move up there levels to team leaders and team leaders to managers and and they flourished at IKEA. You can always find jobs within the organisation or any other branches when there is an opportunity. Great work culture, supportive co-workers and managers. The human resource team was great as well. I still remember the managers and team members supporting the employees on tough situations. Great employee discounts and amazing co worker restaurant.
Pros
Employee discouts, Supportive and helpful co-workers
Cons
Busy weekends, late night shifts
gpod place to work
Customer Relations (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT4 July 2016
staff are awesome to work with, very friendly and comfortable to be with. Good benefits, good pay rate. all around good place
Pros
$3 buffet lunches
Cons
Not consistant hours
Great food!
Goods Flow Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Springvale VIC15 June 2016
Ikea is a great place to work although I resigned from my position because my health suffered due to the hours I was working (2am until 10am).
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
Early morning shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K