IKEA Employee Reviews

Good pay but very boring
Cashline worker (Former Employee) –  Marsden Park NSW6 September 2017
they lack management and a work-life balance. The company overall is very good with many benefits, however this store in particular is a nightmare. If you wanna work 3 weekends in a row and be asked to stay back for many hours every shift this is the place for you. Oh and if you want to be harassed with phone calls to come in on your one weekend off a month, sign right up
productive and fun workplace with table tennis table
ANC delivery (Former Employee) –  Browns Plains QLD16 June 2017
well I like quickly and like to be on time if we late for delivery make sure we let know to the customer
I have learned responsibility and my team people help me if I don't know anything they help me
Pros
Cons
part time
good benefits
FOOD (Former Employee) –  Springvale VIC26 April 2017
they have a coworker restaurant offer with good food very cheap. good. as well, flexibility on roster to help the work/life balance. but better if you have flexibility, of course.
Great Diverse Environment
Customer Relations Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond VIC11 April 2017
IKEA is a fantastic delve into a highly organised retail company that appreciates its employees and will never hesitate to support you and your needs when possible.
It has various departments so it really caters to all sorts of skills levels.
Pros
Employee cafeteria, bonuses, Xmas gift and events
Cons
High volume customers of peak periods, can be stressful
busy but well supported by team management
Logistics Co Worker (Current Employee) –  North Lakes QLD6 April 2017
Good place to work with good benefits. Extensive training and support is always offered with a great management team running things. Everyone works well together and is happy to help at any time.
Pros
discounted lunches
Everybody is fun and friendly
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 March 2017
Ikea has values and high expectations. The management crew focuses on achieving higher in life and will support you through all that.
The best job ever!!
Logistics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT26 February 2017
I was working holiday in Canberra while I was employed by IKEA.
The people there are super friendly. And most important of all, it is a company that will real care about you and willing to train their labor to get a better skills. I learn a lot from this job, not only do I got my forklift license, but also enrolled into the retailing environment that I realize how to interact with the customers.
There are too many benefit I can't tell in these words, if it wasn't the limited of my visa, it is the best company that I would like to follow forever.
IKEA = togetherness
Graphic Communication Leader (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 February 2017
Working at IKEA has made me realise that there is such thing as a perfect work environment and now that is the one thing I look for in my next career path!
Pros
Freedom, equality and respect
Cons
Wish I ate more meatballs!
IKEA Australia. Sad, so sad.
Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 January 2017
Very unconventional place! Management style is based on management-by-default not design and fresh initiatives are not welcome or taken seriously. It's simply a practice of ''do things the way they have always been - even if it's clearly obsolete''.

IKEA Australia is emblematic of an American expression - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But this isn't always the right approach.

- Operations are unwholesome,
- Managers are too laid back and don't take the initiative, Can you wonder how IKEA made people a manager without an acumen. Lols!
- Poor staff levels especially within departments which require physically fit men and women.
- The job roster system is not carefully planned and adjusted to suit the co-workers work/life balance because it's always IKEA's daily/weekly/monthly budget FIRST, nothing else matters.

This is the foundation of IKEA job-related complaints, IKEA HR know but really, - IKEA HR couldn't care less.

Sell! Sell! Sell!

So sad!
Pros
Cheap Food
Cons
Very poor management
productive fun job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD11 January 2017
best job ever I'm so lucky to work for this two companies, I have being congratulated in both of them for my managers and supervisors ,for the customer service and job delivery , when I did start my career last year as a security, I did only have casual jobs on weekends , now I'm contracted for two of the best companies and working for top clients , but I'm looking for good pay rate and some spare time to be with my family that's because I'm applying to work at the mines
Pros
free coffe and refreshments 2$ all you can fill in a plate from a varieity of meals
Cons
good working hours
Stuck
Home Delivery Co-Worker (Former Employee) –  Service Fulfilment26 August 2016
A job at IKEA is too comfortable. You fall in love with the people you lose focus on the fact that you have a future career to work towards and what was just a part time job during uni is now a full time job you use as an excuse for not looking for positions in your field.
All the team memebers work together and genuinely care about each other.
Textiles Sales Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 August 2016
I had a great time working at IKEA. Its the best job I ever had unfortunately I have to leave because of family commitments and unable to work during weekends or late nights. There are lots of people I know who started out as part time coworkers, made a good name and moved to full-time positions. They always support potential co-workers to move up there levels to team leaders and team leaders to managers and and they flourished at IKEA. You can always find jobs within the organisation or any other branches when there is an opportunity. Great work culture, supportive co-workers and managers. The human resource team was great as well. I still remember the managers and team members supporting the employees on tough situations. Great employee discounts and amazing co worker restaurant.
Pros
Employee discouts, Supportive and helpful co-workers
Cons
Busy weekends, late night shifts
gpod place to work
Customer Relations (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT4 July 2016
staff are awesome to work with, very friendly and comfortable to be with. Good benefits, good pay rate. all around good place
Pros
$3 buffet lunches
Cons
Not consistant hours
Great food!
Goods Flow Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Springvale VIC15 June 2016
Ikea is a great place to work although I resigned from my position because my health suffered due to the hours I was working (2am until 10am).
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
Early morning shift
Great co worker benifits and lots of good people
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide Airport SA31 May 2016
It is a great workplace that looks after workers but not good with securing hours or advancement which is really hard when you want secure hours and advancement.

I love my job and what I do and many of the people I work with but as stated above I would love advancement opportunity which I don't currently get and id love more secure hours. It is really annoying when you ask for a larger contract and you get told there isn't the hours along with everyone else but then new people get hired.
Good
Customer Relation Co-worker, check - out operator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 May 2016
very good , nice work environment and nice people around. IKEA based culture and value .I learned a lot about work and how it can be related to co-workers and customers
Great learning experience
RESTAURANT DEPARTMENT (Current Employee) –  Springvale VIC25 May 2016
McDonald's was my first work experience so I learnt so much from handling with cash, interacting with customers, high standard of personal cleanness and working in a fast paced environment.

I enjoyed working at McDonald's as everyone worked as a team to ensure we presented a high professionalism.
its a fun place
Cahier (Current Employee) –  Perth WA24 April 2016
I love working in IKEA.its a fun loving place.I have learned the meaning of team work from my co-workers they give other people hand to finish their work.
good company to work for very helpful in future development
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Perth WA24 April 2016
I enjoyed working for this company they are very much into self advancement and help in any way they can.The hardest part of the job was the computer work, Planning and power points.
Pros
cheap lunches
Very friendly working place
IKEA Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Richmond VIC14 April 2016
I enjoyed quite a few years working with organisation and I love every bit of it. Typical day at work start with information about last day and present day scenario.
Working with customers is always interesting and no manager say no for help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.