Jamaica Blue Employee Reviews

enthusiastic
Outlet Manager - cafe Restaurent (Former Employee) –  Fairfield NSW10 December 2017
i am always willing to learn new things, and mold according to work environment. know how to handle the situation and try to solve it on the spot, moreover work in busy period is my favorite part because i know how to be multi task
Didnt feel welcomed.
BARISTA AND CLEANER (Former Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW21 November 2017
I applied for the job to become a barista but was placed on the dishwasher, taking out orders, serving and clearing tables, I was fine with doing that but the whole couple of months that I was there I got to make maybe 3 coffee. Hardest part was wanting to go to work.
Pros
Discounted food, free drink while working
Cons
Didnt feel welcome
Very good workplace
Casual Worker (Current Employee) –  Chirnside Park VIC10 November 2017
a typical day at work would be very busy and non stop always on the feet till the very end, I've learned a lot of customer skills and waitressing. The management there is very good very nice co-workers. The hardest part about the shop is doing a lot of hours and not getting enough money in the end, I really enjoy the food and the regular customers that come in.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
fast paced work also very fun
Barista/All Rounder (Current Employee) –  Rockingham WA5 November 2017
jamaica blue is a fun and challenging job. it is very fast paced and an individual must be able to multi task or they will find this job hard. Excellent customer service means making each and every aspect of the customer’s experience an absolutely positive one. I believe that effective people and communication skills are what have helped me to excel in the customer service positions I have held in the past.
Fast paced, friendly, happy workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Warnbro WA5 November 2017
A typical day as a waitress at Jamaica Blue would consist of:
Greeting customers
Taking orders
Serving food and drinks
Answering related questions from customers
Prepare cold drinks
Clear tables after customers leave
Take payments
Washing dishes
Clean and set up dining areas, restock cold drinks, roll cutlery into napkins, and stock service areas
Clean dining area
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Not enough hours
Good work place
All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Forster NSW2 October 2017
Productive work place with good hr to back them, fun and family orientate to really make you feel like one of the team.
One of the best franchisees to get involved with my most valued job to date
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
N/a
great boss
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mooloolaba QLD22 September 2017
i loved the job as i got to make coffee and work in a customer service based environment. it was right across from the beach and i love water and swimming and fishing.
Waitress/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Narellan NSW17 September 2017
Long hours, fun to interact with customers and management, lots of tasks to do at once, cleaning,dishwasher, customer service, serving food and drinks.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Can be busy especially on weekends. Quiet at nights
casual customer service (Former Employee) –  Ringwood VIC13 September 2017
Cleaning, customer service, handling money, preparing food. Started to learn how to make coffee and other daily tasks (preparation of large orders). The hardest part of job was ensuring tableware was washed/dried before use for customers (not enough). Enjoyable part of the job was learning new & different tasks - not boring.
funny people
Waiter and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miranda NSW25 July 2017
i was a waiter i make coffee i wash the dishes and clean the table everyone is friendly i learn a lot from this place the management of this place is good
Pros
sometimes free lunches
Cons
8hours
Good environment with friendly staff
Customer Service, waitress and cheif (Former Employee) –  Perth WA13 June 2017
For me a typical day at work was chill and relaxed because i had the easy shifts during the week but on the weekends it was hectic. On the weekend we would struggle because there wouldn't be enough cutlery or plates and it would cause a riot with the customers and they become inpatient. Besides that the staff are incredibly friendly and during the week it is a fun environment to be in.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good environment, friendly staff
Cons
Weekends are stressful
Not a secure job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW 26508 May 2017
There were an alarming number of people hired and fired in the time I was there. The boss was rude and had a temper. Probably why lots of people quit.
Pros
Can't really think of any
Cons
Rude boss, New workers constantly in and out, Never heard a thank you or well done, Bad environment over all, Lied about baking things daily
Do Yourself a Favour: Do Not Apply!!
Barista (Former Employee) –  Kawana QLD10 April 2017
My experience as a barista at Jamaica Blue Kawana is something i do not wish to experience with another employer ever again. I read the previous reviews on here before I began and figured that a few disgruntled former employees were lashing out because of being reprimanded for their poor work ethic. Boy was I wrong…

The owner is a micro-managing bully. If an employee were to bother with seeking help from Fair Work, I am positive this man would be in breach of multiple standards. He is constantly putting his employees down (without bothering to critique in a positive manner) and threatening their positions. You are expected to meet all of his unrealistic expectations, even if he has not made them clear to you. Most of whom are young girls, under the age of 21. If you work overtime, you are not paid for it. If you attend work meetings, you are not paid for it. The pay itself, during the week, is pitiful. A 25 hour week is not enough to sustain basic household expenses.

The customers and the fellow staff are definitely a highlight of the store, but it is certainly counter balanced by the actions of the employer. If you see a position advertised at Jamaica Blue Kawana Shoppingworld, do yourself a favour and DO NOT APPLY!
Pros
Free Coffee, Good Co-Workers
Cons
Franchise Owner, Pay
Was so good for elderly people
Kitchen Hand/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Westlakes SA14 March 2017
In this work place i learnt about professionalism and top class customer service.i explored different fields of the cafe such as waiting,kitchen and ordering.
Pros
Kids meal free
productive and hardworking
Team Member (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 March 2017
a typical work day would include me serving customers with their orders, wiping down tables,greeting customers and washing dishes i learnt how to make/serve milkshakes and memorise the menus. The hardest part of the job was probably remembering the prices and finding the table numbers carrying food and hot drinks. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and since it was my first job it was exciting.
Pros
new friendships and high quality training
Cons
short hours
Gained alot of knowledge and experience
Cafe Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Ommaney QLD2 March 2017
Everyday was different, worked with a great team. with director overseas and not knowing the café system made things difficult.

I am three months pregnant and the stress was not worth the chance of a miscarriage.
Incredibly corrupt and horrible place to work
Waitress (Hospitality) (Former Employee) –  Eastland Shopping Centre VIC17 February 2017
* I was severely under paid and made to work insane hours
* unrealistic demands and expectations
* I was treated with little respect and was constantly criticized
* the customers were demanding and rude
Pros
no pros
Cons
Long hours, no respect, constantly criticized, under paid
Productive and friendly work environment
Sous Chef - Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant QLD8 February 2017
Not every day was the same, alway working with nice people and with a lot of commitment for the company.
Always working in a team of people who aims to deliver the best experience when having breakfast, lunch or just coffees and sweets.
Pros
Free lunches and coffee
Poor management
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Werribee VIC30 January 2017
Owners are so nasty and uncooperative.
Not friendly and willing to teach patiently.
Can be very intimidating to work in an environment when walking on eggshells all the time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Owners
Busy and enjoyable workplace
Cafe all rounder (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSW20 November 2016
Typical day: Greeting and serving customers in addition to shelfing and organizing items.
Learned: Importance of hospitality and communication skills.
Management: Very friendly and understanding of the job difficulties.
Co-workers: Hard working and easy to communicate with if someone wanted to switch shifts.
Hardest part: Long hours of standing.
Most Enjoyable part: Meeting new people everyday and being able to interact with them.
Pros
Free Lunch, Good money
Cons
Long hours, early starting time