JB Hi-Fi Employee Reviews

Relaxed and fun environment to work in
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD10 November 2017
I have enjoyed my time with JBHIFI and love the people I work with. They are conscious of your wellbeing both mentally and physically.
I have gained a lot of skills during my time with the company. Probably the hardest part of the job mentally is dealing with the public however I do enjoy interacting with all sorts of people. Most fun part of the job is we have a lot of laughs and I personally enjoy meeting people from all walks of life and the staff are not just work mates but friends.
Pros
job security
Cons
irate customers at times
Fun place to work, got along with everybody
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 November 2017
I personally loved working here, I have many friends who I have grown close too. It was hard at first getting to know everyone but finally at the end I got through it all.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Fun place to work, great people
Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  Australia2 November 2017
I was only at JB over Christmas, and whilst that was a short period of time the employees were welcoming and hard working. We had a few tough days but that was just from sheer volume of traffic through the store, it was a lot of fun working with them though!
Better company to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sydney Airport31 October 2017
Very good work culture. Managers are good . Lots opportunity to learn . Smart staff discount . Good development and training .
Skills building up on technology
Opportunity to learn about technology.
Good Pay with Good People
Christmas Casual Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth SA13 October 2017
As a storeperson, work is relatively fast paced and interaction with customers are medium to high depending on peek hours. Friendly environment with best staff discounts
Australias Best Retail Industry also has the best work environment
Financial Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne30 September 2017
I love working at JBHIFI as i ranked it the best place I have ever worked in my entire life. The salary was great and work working life balance was excellent.
Pros
free accessories, great working hours, Friendly Manager
Cons
Invoicing Issues
easy going
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Macquarie NSW5 September 2017
easy going environment
easy going people

short hours and not much working, spent most my time re arranging shelves and sweeping floors.
staff discounts were good also
Pros
discounts
Cons
boring not much work
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Fairfield NSW4 September 2017
Working in jbhifi was fun and challenging due to a different environment. Working with a tear of three people was great and easy to maintain a good work environment.
Pros
Disconnected prices
Cons
Busy place
Good company to start your sales career with, not so great management, pay/commission & rostering.
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW17 August 2017
With my 13 months of full time experience at JB Hi-Fi I was exposed to many different sides of selling (being a retail environment) & was definitely pushed to my limits many times. It's a good workplace with good culture but very disappointing when it came to management. Even though I was full time I had my roster changed many times throughout the 13 months I worked there (even having to work wed-sun for 6 months or so.) Leading me to miss out on a huge amount of time with my friends & family over the weekend. The commission structure was quite awful as well & management only seemed to really care about warranty conversions as well as Telco sales/contracts. I don't regret working with JB, just wish the company/store management wasn't so fixated on how they're numbers looked & cared more for their staff. It's a shame to think I never received any proper training while I worked there, just had to wing it most days until I learnt from my mistakes sadly.
Pros
Good team, good work experience
Cons
Management, pay/horrible commission structure, roster changes, barley any training, stress, not much support
great environment and learning avenue
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Merrylands NSW14 August 2017
worked here for almost 5 years now and have learnt so much about the retail industry and sales.
I've done counter sales, merchandising and admin work and would highly recommend all of the above.
salary is good and perks are great.
great culture and environment.
Met lifelong friends throughout my years working at JB
Pros
perks! discounts on all items
Cons
long hours, loud atmosphere, stressful at times.
Very fun workplace.
Media Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rosny Park TAS6 August 2017
Workplace that is made fun by its exceptional staff. The is a freedom of dress, there is no set uniform, only a lanyard. Easy clock in and clock outs.
Fun place to work
Counter sales (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 August 2017
You get to work with like minded people in a decent environment. Pay is decent and the clientele is usually pretty friendly. Staff discounts very worthwhile.
Australia's Leading Electronics Retailer
Entertainment & Telecommunications Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD14 July 2017
Genuinely a casual and entertaining work environment to work in. Be aware you will be held to sales targets if you are on the floor and depending on your geographic and demographic location this can affect you. Exciting products, new and trendy items for you to pair with customer's needs.
Pros
new, hip, casual, entertaining
Cons
sometimes unrealistic demands, management
Best place to work
Media Advisor (Former Employee) –  Midland WA29 June 2017
amazing people, amazing opportunities, generous discount and fun environment. i loved working here and enjoyed the work i undertook. definitely would go back
Pros
staff discount
Great job if it wasnt for the budget
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Myaree WA25 June 2017
This would be an insanely great job, if it werent for the sales budget that you get. You need to make a certain amount of money every week or you will get fired. This puts you under immense stress and pressure.
Average
Contract Service Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 June 2017
JB Hi-Fi is an average workplace. They are a small firm. the people on the floor are great but they seem to not like change. Only worked there for 3 months
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Small Firm
Fun
Media Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW8 June 2017
Its a good place to works, always fun. There is always something to do on a days work. Everyone is friendly and understanding and always willing to work together as a team
A not so good experience
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  New Zealand Star Bank VIC7 June 2017
I was left with a sour taste in my mouth after working for JB Hifi... Some of the other team members for some reason weren't very friendly and the managers were quite mean! I made some great friends while working there, but was quite eager to leave this position.
Pros
Made a few good friends
Cons
Poor managaement and some staff are rude
Good place to work for
Sales Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Northland Shopping Centre VIC22 May 2017
Gre environment and good culture, sales and friendly, great products to sell and display fun working environment, great people to work alongside with aswell
Fun workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 April 2017
As a retail job, it is a great opportunity for someone to learn how to interact with customers and to gain experience at a basic selling capacity.
Good stepping stone into higher positions in the future.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Poor wages and cuts to commission structure