JB Hi-Fi Employee Reviews

Enjoyable Working Culture
JB-Hi-Fi Christmas Casual (Media Team) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 February 2018
The entire working environment of JB-Hi-Fi was very welcoming and approachable in the way in which its staff assisted one another in a range of different working conditions and scenarios.
Pros
Enjoyable Working Environment
Great bunch of people!
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Craigieburn VIC10 February 2018
Very positive and comfortable environment to work in. Management genuinely care about their employees and they show that to you in the workplace. Staff discounts are always nice too!
Very productive, fun and organised
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hervey Bay QLD30 January 2018
JB Hi Fi is extremely organised,and the managers are always trying to finish tasks efficiently. It was a very fast-paced environment where I learned so many new skills, made some new friends and worked in a professional environment.
Best retail store to work at
Christmas Casual Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC4 January 2018
Great, fun loving and out going people employed at JB. The days are never boring with the different types of customers that come in and the people you get to work with. Very happy and upbeat place
Fun
Media Advisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 December 2017
Great job to have if you’re studying and need something cAsual, even better if you share a love for the product and want to workyour way up in the company
love technology so this job was very enjoyable
Retail (Former Employee) –  Gosford NSW16 November 2017
Being a big gamer and put in the gaming area of JB HI-FI really made me love the job and made me want to go to work. the job payed well for my age and where good people to talk to, to help me learn new things at work.
Relaxed and fun environment to work in
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD10 November 2017
I have enjoyed my time with JBHIFI and love the people I work with. They are conscious of your wellbeing both mentally and physically.
I have gained a lot of skills during my time with the company. Probably the hardest part of the job mentally is dealing with the public however I do enjoy interacting with all sorts of people. Most fun part of the job is we have a lot of laughs and I personally enjoy meeting people from all walks of life and the staff are not just work mates but friends.
Pros
job security
Cons
irate customers at times
Fun place to work, got along with everybody
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 November 2017
I personally loved working here, I have many friends who I have grown close too. It was hard at first getting to know everyone but finally at the end I got through it all.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Fun place to work, great people
Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  Australia2 November 2017
I was only at JB over Christmas, and whilst that was a short period of time the employees were welcoming and hard working. We had a few tough days but that was just from sheer volume of traffic through the store, it was a lot of fun working with them though!
Better company to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sydney Airport31 October 2017
Very good work culture. Managers are good . Lots opportunity to learn . Smart staff discount . Good development and training .
Skills building up on technology
Opportunity to learn about technology.
Good Pay with Good People
Christmas Casual Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth SA13 October 2017
As a storeperson, work is relatively fast paced and interaction with customers are medium to high depending on peek hours. Friendly environment with best staff discounts
Australias Best Retail Industry also has the best work environment
Financial Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne30 September 2017
I love working at JBHIFI as i ranked it the best place I have ever worked in my entire life. The salary was great and work working life balance was excellent.
Pros
free accessories, great working hours, Friendly Manager
Cons
Invoicing Issues
easy going
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Macquarie NSW5 September 2017
easy going environment
easy going people

short hours and not much working, spent most my time re arranging shelves and sweeping floors.
staff discounts were good also
Pros
discounts
Cons
boring not much work
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Fairfield NSW4 September 2017
Working in jbhifi was fun and challenging due to a different environment. Working with a tear of three people was great and easy to maintain a good work environment.
Pros
Disconnected prices
Cons
Busy place
Good company to start your sales career with, not so great management, pay/commission & rostering.
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW17 August 2017
With my 13 months of full time experience at JB Hi-Fi I was exposed to many different sides of selling (being a retail environment) & was definitely pushed to my limits many times. It's a good workplace with good culture but very disappointing when it came to management. Even though I was full time I had my roster changed many times throughout the 13 months I worked there (even having to work wed-sun for 6 months or so.) Leading me to miss out on a huge amount of time with my friends & family over the weekend. The commission structure was quite awful as well & management only seemed to really care about warranty conversions as well as Telco sales/contracts. I don't regret working with JB, just wish the company/store management wasn't so fixated on how they're numbers looked & cared more for their staff. It's a shame to think I never received any proper training while I worked there, just had to wing it most days until I learnt from my mistakes sadly.
Pros
Good team, good work experience
Cons
Management, pay/horrible commission structure, roster changes, barley any training, stress, not much support
great environment and learning avenue
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Merrylands NSW14 August 2017
worked here for almost 5 years now and have learnt so much about the retail industry and sales.
I've done counter sales, merchandising and admin work and would highly recommend all of the above.
salary is good and perks are great.
great culture and environment.
Met lifelong friends throughout my years working at JB
Pros
perks! discounts on all items
Cons
long hours, loud atmosphere, stressful at times.
Very fun workplace.
Media Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rosny Park TAS6 August 2017
Workplace that is made fun by its exceptional staff. The is a freedom of dress, there is no set uniform, only a lanyard. Easy clock in and clock outs.
Fun place to work
Counter sales (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 August 2017
You get to work with like minded people in a decent environment. Pay is decent and the clientele is usually pretty friendly. Staff discounts very worthwhile.
Australia's Leading Electronics Retailer
Entertainment & Telecommunications Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD14 July 2017
Genuinely a casual and entertaining work environment to work in. Be aware you will be held to sales targets if you are on the floor and depending on your geographic and demographic location this can affect you. Exciting products, new and trendy items for you to pair with customer's needs.
Pros
new, hip, casual, entertaining
Cons
sometimes unrealistic demands, management
Best place to work
Media Advisor (Former Employee) –  Midland WA29 June 2017
amazing people, amazing opportunities, generous discount and fun environment. i loved working here and enjoyed the work i undertook. definitely would go back
Pros
staff discount