Jemena Employee Reviews

A transition to retirement not for growing your career
Asset Management (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 March 2017
Good place for a stop over but not great for career progression. Too many micro-managers and not enough opportunities to work on diverse projects.
decent benefits but most groups work in silos; opportunities are provided mainly on 'Who you know' basis and not 'What you know'.
Productive and busy place to work
Personal Assistant / Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 October 2016
Great place to work. Work life balance is well practiced. Management are very approachable to discuss any issues a staff member may have whether it be business or personal.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Long hours can be required
enjoyed getting up in the morning to go to work.
Data Entry Officer (Former Employee) –  Mulgrave VIC9 August 2016
Worked part time. But when requested to do extra work I did. If the co-workers are over loaded with the work I would help them to finish their work. Manager was the best Manager I have ever got in the working history. I have learned so much new tasks and new methods.
Pros
no free lunches worked only part time
Cons
if needed i worked extra hours to finish the work happily
hard working, productive, friendly.
Protection & Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Clayton VIC22 June 2016
I am friendly, approachable, knowlageble person with great communication skills. I am also very adaptable to different environments. These characteristics mean that I work well in group situations. My career objective is to achieve excellence by continual self improvement, further career advancements and hard working.
Good Work Life Balance
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 May 2016
Jemena is a great company to work for that offers a really good work life balance. Jemena also offers the opportunity to work with very experienced and talented people in the industry. The culture at Jemena is very inclusive.
Good work life balance
GM Business Process Management (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 May 2016
Jemena offers a good work life balance and has over the years provided a great opportunity to learn by enabling me to lead and participate at the forefront of its strategy and change programs.
The people there are generous in nature and there is a lack of corporate politics with most people striving to build a better experience for its customers.
There is a significant degree of change that still needs to be worked through as a result of the increasing competition that the business will experience and must prepare for over the next 5 - 10 years. This requires a significant capability building process within the business.
A very good company to work with
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC4 February 2016
Jemen is a diversified infrastructure company covering electricity, gas and water. I have been working closely with project managers and business partners in the initiation and implementation of high profile projects.
I was Group Director Corporate & Industrial
Group Director - Corporate & Industrial (Current Employee) –  Sydney10 September 2014
Weber Shandwick, is one of Australia’s largest PR consultancies. Established 30 years ago, it is now part of Shandwick PLC - one of the three biggest consultancies in the world – and the Interpublic Group. The Shandwick Group has 120 offices throughout the USA, Europe, the United Kingdom and the Asia-Pacific region.

I devised and implemented PR plans and a full range of corporate communications services including brand launches, campaigns and promotions for clients such as TNT Express, TNT Logistics, Goodyear Tyres, AAMI, Unilever, Beaurepaires, McWilliam’s Wines, Mars Confectionery and Goodman Fielder
Excellent work culture
Electrical Linesman (Former Employee) –  Victoria Australia26 August 2014
Enjoyed working with new and familiar people.
Good hours of work and awesome over time
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Strict Management
Trusted and Growth
Change and Configuration Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC23 November 2013
Working in this role allowed me the time to analyse the runnings of the service management area and gave me the power to create and improve.
Good place to work. Well organised with excellent management.
Labourer/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Brisbane qld2 July 2013
hard and long
learnt heaps about electrical
good management and didn't mind getting their hands dirty
excellent, well motivated
amount of travelling but coped
meeting new people
Pros
long amount of work
Cons
didn't last long enough.
I am a positive, happy, outgoing person who gets on well with all my workmates.
ELECTRICAL TRADES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba, QLD22 June 2013
Since working for Jemena, I have also worked for Geiger Civil & Electrical. My position with Geiger's finished on the 14th June 2013 as a Trades Assistant due to Geiger's not being able to secure contracted work, so the Company had to be restructured.

1 In the morning I do a Pre start of the truck, and discuss where our first job of the day is with our team.
1A Drive truck to first job of the day.
1B Discuss the relevant job, and talk to the customer, do our j.s.e.a up and discuss our work plan.
1C Set the Truck and put out our road and safety signs out according to our company"s safety requirements.
1D Get all the equipment out and ready.
1E Start, by doing all our electrical safety checks before we commence the shutting off of the power to the customers home.
1F Once we complete our job and have done all our checks, we let the customer know the power is on and thank them for their patience. We pack up and move to the next job, and re start the procedure again.
2 Communication is a major key to Safety and Quality of our work and our effectiveness as a Team.
3 Managing our time at each job is important, by being prepared,setting up, discussing our job before hand,and doing our job safety analysis assessment,and anything we might encounter whilst on the job. Each team member knows their role.
4 My Co-workers. Great men to work with, enjoyed them so much. All of us were very sad, when I was made redundant, we still keep in touch. A good team makes the job so much better, especially when you all get on so well.
5 Setting up the Elevated Work Platform truck,
  more... knowing the best and most suitable position to put the vehicle so as to be able to work safe and non restrictive for the linesman.
6 Seeing a neat job, and happy Customer, and we all had a part in it, and had fun whilst working together.