KFC Employee Reviews

Great
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bathurst KFC24 February 2018
KFC was a great job to learn teamwork and provided a great work environment, I thoroughly enjoyed working in the kitchen and had many friends while working there.
Busy workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Swan Hill VIC23 February 2018
Most of the employees were too young to work under the conditions and pressure the managers were enforcing on us. We had to work long hours will minimal breaks while most of us were still in school.
Team Member
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 February 2018
A typical day at work, would be re-stocking, cleaning, taking orders. I learnt to work in a team, also getting work done within a team. I would also, lend a helping hand with managing the team on shift. Sometimes, I would also run some shifts, while the shift supervisor would be off doing other duties. The hardest thing about the job, would be making sure the communication is present when taking an order and preparing it as well. I found this job, enjoyable at times. Due to the other team members, we'd work together, have a few laughs and always make sure we all took part in getting things done around work.
fun place to work as a high school kid
Team Member (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Tarneit VIC21 February 2018
would get really busy and members at the front counter are entitled to work on a fast paced level in order to keep work flowing. restaurant had to kept clean at all times
Pros
free food at late night closure
Cons
if you are casual, less hours
Easy going, yet fast paced and efficient means to complete tasks.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warners Bay NSW20 February 2018
Is genuinely a good job, however lacks the necessary skills for an advanced harbouring of a career. However, in saying this the jobs culture that includes the "all doors open" program definitely helps people new to the workforce merge into the working life by creating a good environment for everyone to talk about their feelings.
Bad place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Yamanto QLD20 February 2018
Horrible management, sexist af, not very clean, rude af, discourteous to staff, liars, when I left they told everyone that they fired me when I quit, horrible.Place
Good Experience for young workers
Hospitality Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC19 February 2018
At KFC I worked reasonable hours and was shown how to handle and prepare food before it went out to customers I also had to close the store on many of my shifts where I would have to clean the back part of the store so that KFC would be ready for the next day.
Pros
we got to take chicken home
Cons
organising the back alone was very very time consuming
Its fast-food
General Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  sydney19 February 2018
It was about what you would expect from KFC. Over time spending is cut to save every penny an this effects the managers who are increasingly stressed to cut costs where they can.
A productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oakleigh VIC19 February 2018
Working here made me realise that this is how a workplace is supposed to be like. The members, especially the manager, were very friendly and welcoming. I learnt a lot since it was my first time working. They taught me how to wipe a table, the stuffs used. They instructed me how to open a restaurant (opening the automatic door, putting chairs down, etc). It was fun working at the register since i liked dealing with the customers and also money.
fun
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Maryborough QLD18 February 2018
was a good first job as it was easy to get and didn't require a lot of experience. was also good to get customer service skills up and learn how to manage work with school whilst not being too overwhelming.
Pros
was easy to get
Cons
not enough hours
Great place to work, lovely people and a great culture.
KFC cook (Current Employee) –  Traralgon VIC18 February 2018
They have given me steady employment, Advancement opportunities, Built great friendships with the employees, taught me wonderful new skills I can take when I leave KFC.
Pros
Great people to work with and good staff incentives.
Cons
I'd like more hours, no set advancement plan.
fast food
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elanora QLD18 February 2018
dealing with anger customs, how to work in a certain amount of time, having to work quickly the hardest part of my job was always getting yelled at. working on drive thou
Pros
free lunch
Cons
only 3 hour shift
Great step for first job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Garbutt QLD16 February 2018
I wasn’t at KFC for a long time but the time I was there was a good experience. It’s a great first job for young adults or people wanting to learn customer service and hospitality.
Pros
Learn Hospitality, customer service
Cons
Long hours, not much rest time
Fast-paced and sometimes stressful, but fun due to work colleagues
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kempsey NSW15 February 2018
This was my first place of employment and consequently I learnt lots of new skills, such as customer service, how to work a cashier, and the importance of teamwork. My work mates and managers were, for the most part, very personable and I formed strong relationships. However, I left this workplace due to my commitments to my HSC. I wanted to give myself the best chance of a high ATAR, and I felt that KFC did not consider the impact of late night shifts and working 10+ hours a week.
Pros
Good people to work with, free food, discounts on drinks, stable working environment
Cons
Late nights, hectic environment at times
Decent
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chelsea Heights VIC15 February 2018
Was hard to manage a balance between a social life, schooling committments and work

a typical day of work was quite easy as it included stocking up drinks, serving customers, cleaning, prepping stock

i learnt to be independent but to also be able to work with others
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Inconvenient shifts
Productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Alice Springs, Australia15 February 2018
Is a very fast pace environment with friendly co-workers who have a huge impact on the day to day duties. It is such a great way also to meet and greet a diversity of people all parts of the world and have the opportunity to give them a memorable customer service experience. I enjoyed my time working at KFC because I was able to learn to be more time efficient in taking and making orders as well as having other small responsibilities throughout the restaurant, always being friendly to those who are having a bad day and accepting fault when getting a order wrong or even giving the wrong order out. A way to start out in costumer service I say.
fun workplace
Cook (Current Employee) –  Minto NSW15 February 2018
great people and a well rounded community that makes me feel as if every shift I'm coming home. management is good but the shifts are far and few between.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
Great experience
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Cook SA14 February 2018
Was a great place to work fo was one of my first jobs it was difficult but also rewarding it was a great place to work the staff members and management were awesome
Not the greatest place to work - wouldnt recommend it
KFC - drive through/front counter (Current Employee) –  Morisset NSW14 February 2018
Very clicky and judgemental. The managers play favourites which doesn't make it fun for the rest of us. A bit of bullying going on too but the managers don't listen. Never got a pay check in my life and have asked to get it either emailed to me or handed in a letter form. I've ever known what I'm getting paid for or if I'm getting enough
Pros
Good for experience
Cons
People arent great to work with
Productive workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Belmont VIC14 February 2018
A typical day you would take customers order, pay it off and prepare the food as quickly as possible.
Everyone is really nice and they give reasonable shifts.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Some managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

54.8K