KinCare Employee Reviews

They look staff well
Home Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Hobart TAS21 October 2017
I have only beem with Kincare for short time and have found that they really do care about their staff and clients
Am very happy with the level of professionalism
Pros
Great people
Cons
Lots of travelling
No support for workers
Home care worker (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT17 August 2017
I think it's lacking support for workers. No flexibility, very short time between the clients. You spending more time driving then working. Rostering need to be seriously review. Some people doing rosters very unfriendly, I tried to avoid communicating with them. Management is quite good.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Rosters just do not make sense, to difficult to reach office
Great job to work in the Community with Clients and very rewarding.
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Launceston TAS19 July 2017
Great Business KinCare in the North of Tasmania.
Clients were all absolutely lovely and a pleasure to work for in my 2years with KinCare.
I loved my job with Clients but sometimes rostering system was not always great with big gaps of 2 hrs or not always knowing how many hours for the day you would get. Generally and mostly though I felt most looked after if sick or need of time off.
Pros
Feeling rewarded in my job.
Cons
Hours changing without much notice
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Current Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD28 May 2017
Kincare is a wonderful place to work. They look after their clients and offer them a service that comprises of really lovely carers and nurses. It is a good business.
Pros
You can choose your availability
Cons
Not enough hours
Provide domestic assistance to the elderly
Community Care Assistant in aged care (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 May 2017
Provide respite support for the elderly clients
Take them to their appointments or help them do their shopping
Engage in conversation with the elderly clients
Complete domestic household task
Pros
we get paid for the amount of kilometres that we use
Cons
racist clients
Good
Transport assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 April 2017
Very good work place, well managed, direction, diversity and safe work place. pity only casual position are available.
Good work culture, very rewarding and pleasant scheduler.
Pros
Good pays, good people
Cons
Casual
Support worker
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hills District NSWp15 February 2017
Loved working here, girls where amazing carers, would love another position like this role, flexible and great people.
Great place to work for. Having one on one with my clients is the best part of my day.
Home care worker (Current Employee) –  Deakin ACT10 January 2017
A day at work can bring laughter and joy. It can also bring sadness and tears. I have learnt that caring for other people can help them continue on living there lives happy and stress free. Management is a tough one as they are trying to help everyone at once.They try to help each and everyone of us. As well as keeping clients happy. Co workers are great, we all do our best to help the clients and to inform the worker about any concerns and what they have done. There is really no hard parts except when leaving a client alone and knowing they have no family or friends to come visit. Enjoyable part is giving the client the opportunity to live in there own homes and seeing a smile on there face when leaving them.
Pros
free training
Cons
long days
Great company to work with
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS6 November 2016
Great company to work with love the clients still get your family time as well. Looking after the clients as social support taking them out shopping a coffee. Cleaning the clients houses giving them independent also
I just want to be in a happy place
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Deakin West ACT11 August 2016
I just want to be in a work place with great team work excellent communication skills and awsome co workers. Family friendly. Work family and life are very important to me.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Long hours underpaid work
Great clients to work with
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD15 July 2016
Working at KinCare was overall a good experience. Whilst I did not have the working hours I desired, working with the clients was the best part. They were all so friendly and happy to work with.
Made some great friends whilst working there.
Management was OK at times.
My reporting supervisor was good. She would listen to any concerns I had.
productive and great team of people
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 June 2016
My typical day at work is getting up at 6am to think about my day and organize myself. then i go to my first clients house say good morning and ask how they are. In my job Ive learned to pace myself more and not rush and drive fast to get to a client accidents happen.
Ive learned how people are effected in our community by not seeing anyone eg family ,friends, neighbors . they feel isolated because they don't drive anymore.and love to see there support workers. my co-workers are nice people although we don't see each other very often as we work alone one on one with our clients.the hardest part of our job is when a client passes away that you have seen for a long time . the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have company support a click away and other staff to ring if I need them, the clients and there families are great and we meet up with them sometimes at the clients house. It makes me happy to see clients faces light up when I sometimes turn up with a coffee for them ( which is aloud now and then by kincare ).
Pros
On going education, staff meet ups and essentives along the way
Cons
Not enough work
Poor company to work for
Care worker (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA25 May 2016
No respect for clients or staff, no support for staff out in the field, negative environment to work in.

Bullying not identified or handled by management and is rife through the office. If you call in sick, some of the office staff talk in a negative way about you. If clients call in to complain or change an appointment some of the staff complain because they have to make changes to the clients appointments and find field staff to cover.

Sadly, the management in Sydney may not be aware of what is currently going on despite attempts to bring the issues to their attention.
Pros
Cons
No support
Good and fun workplace
Home care worker (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 April 2016
Excellent organization, where you can learn and improve your skills. My typical day is busy and always I can learn new things everyday
I am think they have good managements and supervisors.
I really enjoy my job everyday
Pros
km payment
Cons
long hours driving
Great Job
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Whyalla, SA2 November 2015
Great Job to work at, I did night shifts caring for patients and administrating medicine when required. It was located in Whyalla, and I left Whyalla to move to Naracoorte and had to leave this job behind.
Pros
Good team, good people and patients.
Cons
Overnight, casual.
challenging yet rewarding
Casual Aged Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Bella Vista, NSW19 October 2015
I never have a typical day. Everyday is different due to the job I do, there are many different levels provided within Aged Care work. I feel everyday you learn something new. The staff I work with are friendly and easy to get on with. And we learn from each other. Hardest part of my job is when a client is know longer with you. But on the happy side i enjoy very much the characters I meet in my Job.
A job for great experience
In Home Carer (Former Employee) –  Deakin, ACT3 August 2015
I had some great mentors while working at KinCare. The team I mentored where fantastic. Great experience for anyone who gets a job with the company.
Pros
Great experiences
Cons
non known
Good for work flexibility and a variety of different work daily.
Carer (Current Employee) –  Mandurah , WA9 July 2015
Each night you get your roster for the following day, which allocates you clients and services within an allocated time frame. Services included could be; personal care, medication administration, domestic duties, social support or respite for family members.

The head office is located in Victoria Park (WA) and is contactable via telephone or email. inquiries are delegated to individual members of staff within the office specialising in different fields.

You work independently out in the community so rarely interact with other staff members unless briefly crossing over. However, there is always support given via a phone call from the main office when required.

The hardest part is consistency with hours and times you work throughout the week. It is very hard to plan your personal life when you do not find out your roster until 17:30 the night before, but then during your working day it can still change due to staff calling in sick or shortage of support workers. You cannot budget a household due to not having consistent hours during the week. You may have a 10 hour working day but due to travelling and breaks in between clients, you may only be paid for 5 working hours.

The most enjoyable part is that everyday is different due to visiting a variety of clients daily. You are always kept busy so there's no need to be bored or 'clock watching'. You build a relationship with your clients built on trust and respect and knowing you have made someone else day better can be very fulfilling.
Pros
Flexibility, variety
Cons
inconsistent work hours
age care
Aged Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown27 June 2015
Went to peoples houses to help with the cleaning and sometimes shower them also did some respit when there loved ones need time to do thing for them selves
Pros
meeting people
Cons
there was none
carer
aged carer (Current Employee) –  Bella Vista, NSW27 April 2015
caring for the elderly is an awesome job, taking care of them and helping them with there daily needs. its hard but a good and rewarding job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinCare. Our community is ready to answer.