Kings Transport Employee Reviews

great allocators
owner driver (Former Employee) –  Salisbury QLD19 September 2017
good place to work, lovely team always back the drivers, would recommend this place to any one they pay tolls and phone calls great hourly rates would go back any day
Pros
friendly operators
Not too bad of a place to work for
Truck Driver/Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA18 May 2017
Management could be a little rough sometimes but they have a multi-million dollar company to run. They do care about their employees and do regular reviews to make sure everyone is happy. It was a hard job physically but it was good pay and steady hours.
your on boss as you are on the road
Self-employed Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver NT4 May 2017
driving
multi deliveries
customer service
a various of culture in the company
i enjoy the driving and meeting new people
hardest part dealing with traffic
Pros
n/a
Cons
they look after there employees
HC Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Notting Hill VIC30 April 2017
l have NOTHING bad to say about Kings Transport they really do know how to treat there employees no matter what level or field you work in they send someone to your work place they ask how you are and if there is a miner problem they are right onto it l would recommend them to anyone.I no longer work there because l did wrong by the company but that has no reflection on my personal feelings to this company do the right thing by them and it will be reciprocated every time
Pros
Good money great company
Cons
con doesn't work there lol......There's no con
I'd rather not comment
Contract Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 April 2017
I'd rather not say anything about Kings Transport as an employer or a potential employer. People should make up their own minds about the companies that they work for.
Abuse for for bringing up issues with pay rates for runs
ADHOC Courier (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA21 March 2017
A company that could do a lot better if their management had better
communication skills. Rather than call their employees whingers for complaining for earning they had been promised and not received.
To be told to your face your a whinger is not very professional, especially for a company that so called prides itself in its work force. I have worked there for only a few months and have only once earned what we were originally promised in earnings. Every time I confront them the work is increased for a day or two then it returns to jobs that pay peanuts. With the right people looking after you at the control center you can make good money, get the wrong personal dispatching jobs can be the difference of making $70 a day or $180 a day. Its a shame because majority of staff working there are nice people. Kings go through a lot of couriers and a constantly advertising for new ones, and now I know why. The job itself meeting new people is the best part of the job.
Pros
Country drives and meeting new people
Cons
Management that dont care your just a number. Running cost
Delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Laverton VIC17 January 2017
Very weird hours, u have no idea if u have just a pm job,wat time u start as u get a message in the morning latest around 10:30 a.m , to start at 1 pm and u still don't know which route you are going on untill you reach the depot and see the run sheet. Some times I was without a fuel card and once had to pay for diesel from my own pocket to b told to get reimbursement , but never happened, was missing 10 hours pay , never got fixed, and the run was sometimes from Laverton to Chadstone to pick up and delivery in that area too in peak hour traffic, delivery in apartments without lifts, I left because I work better when I am well planned for the day and which this job lacked , however I liked working in the country areas and beautiful views , worked on Sunday with penalty rates nearly 12 hours but got paid for only 8.5
Pay is good but not exactly what you work
Pros
Country drive
Cons
Mismanagement, less notice for job work area
boring.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Wetherill Park NSW15 January 2017
A typical day involved delivering bricks to various sites around Sydney and unloading then reloading until all allocated jobs are complete and preload for the next day.
Cons
long hours, fussy customers
Fun workplace
Courier (Former Employee) –  Campbellfield VIC5 January 2017
Great company to work for always paid on time worked for the company for about a year learnt more about melbourne and getting around
Bad pay
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  North Ryde NSW14 September 2016
I worked 2days 7 and a half hour a day spent $100 on petrel and $28 on tolles and kings told me I'm getting paid $139 for the two days work and to top it off payday was last Friday the 9th and still haven't got paid or my pay slip called them to day said they would fix it by end of day I called them at 4.45 and they left for the day so I'm with out pay again.:.: THINK TWICE WORKING HERE
was a fun workplace to work in with great people to be around and very helpful
Pick packer (Former Employee) –  Laverton VIC18 July 2016
my day at work would be fun, i love pick packing and could see myself doing it for a very long time, my co workers were like my family they were supportive and helpful.
Kings
Operations Admin (Former Employee) –  North Ryde NSW9 February 2016
This was one of the most difficult places to work. Many people were bullied into overtime without getting paid, nobody wanted to be there because management were just straight out rude to everybody except for their favourite staff. Would not recommend this place to anybody.
No loyalty
owner driver (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 November 2015
Hire anyone opertors have there favourites that get the best jobs the rest of us bust our balls driveing across town for little to no profit
Pros
take out a loan
Cons
going bankrupt
bbq 2 times a year
Driver (Current Employee) –  adelaide8 October 2015
work long hours for little rewards there app doesn't work miss out on a lot of work and they get upset with us
lifting very heavy items on your own
Good Company to work for
Transport and Logistics Owner /Driver PUD (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, QLD6 September 2015
I usually work an 8 hour day for Kings Transport, the hourly pay rate is average.
The hardest part of the job is pickup and delivery in the Brisbane CBD area and trying to find available loading zones.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people.
An absolute hole
Courier deliveries (Former Employee) –  Sydney30 July 2015
This place is the place you go if you want to work for virtually nothing,every delivery on the Ad-Hoc side is one out and many pay very little money,rude operators
Pros
quitting
Cons
starting there
Poor payment for hours worked
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA27 July 2015
I enjoy doing the job I was assigned, although the payment is not adequate for even basic living expenses.

The quantity of courier work is not enough for me.

If it were, I would continue to work the job.
Pros
I get to work under my own supervision
Cons
Long hours, low income.
ok
Courier driver (Former Employee) –  melbourne24 July 2015
Not good prospect to advance , long hours in city traffic , low level of communication with fellow workers . Hardest part of job was to get the delivery on time if not we had management ringing up every 5 mins asking when , the most enjoyable was meeting new people most days and when we had a job out country the nice views travelling around .
Pros
Country jobs
Productive workplace
Picking and Packing (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC27 May 2015
Busy days, fun hard working people.
Has been a few years since I worked there, and the warehouse has changed.
Management has also changed
driving
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Notting Hill, VIC26 May 2015
Driving in Melbourne regional areas
using apps for communication
delivery different size item around Melbourne
time management
using mobs or radio to contact base
do work papers and work sheets