Kmart Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work space, very positive environment to work in.
Register Operator (Current Employee) –  Capalaba QLD15 November 2017
A typical day at work would include operating a register, serving customers and helping them in whatever way i can.
I have learnt a lot of people skills from this job and how to operate a register. This workplace is a very fun and positive environment to work in and i thoroughly enjoy working here. The hardest part of this job would have to be standing for long periods of time however there are many enjoyable parts of this job such as serving customers and working with my team mates.
good way to learn leadership skills and better understanding in retail
Customer Service, Store (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC14 November 2017
they have very high expectations and you were expected to work hard but as very fair on their expectations, i learned how to work well on my own and also within a team, i learned how to work efficiently for my whole shift and gain a better work ethic, the management was very professional and made sure you were doing your job properly AND safely,i struggled with the diabetes and working but they were very good with how i managed it, i really liked the people i worked with and was in a very comfortable working envorionment.
Pros
5% discount
Cons
not often you get shifts
good place
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS14 November 2017
Restocking shelves with stock, and working as part of a team and in individual.everybody was friendly and nice we gets along while weather we at work or of work
Pros
no food
Cons
1 hour
productive work place
2IC Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookvale NSW14 November 2017
Kmart tyre and Auto was a very pleasant company to work for with great staff modern gear great verity of vehicles to work on.On going training and refresher courses.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wanneroo WA13 November 2017
Everyone I met working at Kmart was an amazing person!
Every Kmart store has a team of funloving and hardworking employees, it was awesome to be a part of!
Great atmosphere, friendly team and amazing managers.
Retail and customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Batemans Bay NSW13 November 2017
Typical day at work was arriving, counting registers and turning on photo printers/kiosks as well as checking paper supplies and finalising any pending photo orders. Customer service was a main priority during the busy hours (around 11am-2pm) then stock was thr main focus after that.
Pros
fair break times, monthly gift cards for good performance.
Cons
holiday time with rude customers
not enjoyable
Team Member (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Shellharbour NSW8 November 2017
I was put on over xmas and told I would still get shifts once xmas was over. During the xmas period I only got about 9 hours a week and after xmas I got 1 shift every 3-4 weeks. Because of this I handed in my notice and found other employment
Pros
Cons
hardly any shifts
example.to have fun with your mates
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lismore NSW8 November 2017
a typical day at work would be to have fun with your mates why u are working .what i would learn.well i would learn that working with others is a good thing .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Very productive but stressfull life style
Stock Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 November 2017
Working with Kmart has been great over the past few years, but over time it does get mentally and physically exhausting. Management teams are generally pretty good with only a few who are only there for a pay check. Team members are generally amazing to work with. The new direction the company is heading to, "more volume at a lower price" is good on paper but poor in practice. It means more work load for everyone but yet we can't spend anymore money to get the job done so you are stuck in the middle of what to do. The fact that the business in stores is run by a bunch of 12 year old kids is wrong, you need experience in the business but we get in trouble for our average hourly rate. The teams are amazing, the process from DC to stores is wrong
Pros
Salaries, team building, opportunities to experience new things
Cons
Contracted a 40 hour week but forced to work 50 hours a week, Upper managment dont care for the little guys
Satisfactory
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD3 November 2017
Assisting in the preparation of the grand opening, I gained great experience in keeping on my toes by handling stock, module assembly, and time management.
inconsistant shifts
Casual Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Macquarie NSW31 October 2017
Job as a retail assistant was fine, fairly easy work, mostly just cleaning. minimal customer contact. extremely inconsistant amount of shifts. typical day includes rearranging stock on shelfs and frantically running around trying not to get yelled at by managers. strenuous job as having to always be lifting stuff and running around.
Cons
only ever give 3 hour shifts to avoid giving breaks
kmart is a great place to start your journey into retail they have great training for staff and have a bonus for staff that helps keep staff focused
Customer Service Manager/ Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosny TAS31 October 2017
there is no typical day when working in retail there are always challenges to meet and standards to maintain . Learning new skills is a must when working in the retail enviroment there is always new processes to learn and new equipment that you need to use safely .
work place culture changed over the period i was employed and it really was a better place to work when i left the company .
The hardest part of working for Kmart was the continuing changes to layouts and managing seasonal changes .
Kmart had store challenges within the region and these were always great to be part of especially if your store could win the challenge .
Pros
stable work enviroment
Okay
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Corio VIC30 October 2017
I love working at Kmart, the staff I work with are great. Only downfall is no one wants to train anybody in new areas and they don’t give out fair shifts.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Lazy
great place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Geelong VIC28 October 2017
I do enjoy working with the staff at Kmart. I have made great friends there also the management are easy to talk to. The hardest part of this job is dealing with unhappy customers when they get violent. I love going to work everyday
fun place to wok at.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 October 2017
a day/night at kmart was a fun and happy workplace, the team and management were amazing and the hardest part of the job was no hard part everyone worked as a team.
Productive and influential;
Retail Team Member (Former Employee) –  Australia23 October 2017
It was a good and efficient place to work and expanded my skills. It expanded my communication skills and allowed me to be able to have patience with customers.
Pros
breaks
A fun team environment
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Minto NSW12 October 2017
It is a great place to work as there is an amazing community vibe and everyone gets along. The team is very welcoming and all work together to provide the best outcomes to the customers every time. A great place to learn good customer service skills
Great workplace
Apparel Department and Fitting rooms attendant (Current Employee) –  Airport West VIC12 October 2017
Great first job. I learnt how to use cash registers . Efpos machines and I looked after the fitting rooms.

I enjoyed working with others and helping customers .
I also returned clothes to hangers/shelves in the store.
It’s great before you turn 18
Retail Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nowra NSW12 October 2017
As soon as you turn 18 they cut the work back drastically because we are no longer ‘cheap’. They don’t take care of there employees it’s all about money money and money
Pros
Easy going job
Cons
Very short breaks
Good
SALES MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Tweed Heads NSW10 October 2017
I enjoyed working at kmart tweed heads for the 2 years i was there. I was in roles such as working in layby, service desk, cash office, scos, customer greeter.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kmart. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8