KU Children's Services Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Very fun, friendly, welcoming and diverse atmosphere from day to day.
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW17 January 2017
Arriving at work to prepare, organise and set up the playgroup for our vulnerable families was a fantastic time and way to liase and communicate with other staff members before the families arrived.
The co-workers I worked alongside were all fantastic and had a great passion for helping families and the community.
The challenging part of this particular position was gaining the trust of the families presented to us in order to help them continue successfully as parents.
The most enjoyable part of this job position was meeting families and engaging with them, watching and being a part of their growth as a family.
Pros
Meeting new people, morning tea and coffee with families
Very bad experience
Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 April 2016
The interview process is very stern. But it is not guaranteed that you will be able to continue your job or not because I personally feel they hire you due to pressure from higher management but you will be shown the door pretty soon after joining. In short recruitment process is an eyewash. You will fall prey to the internal politics and group ism and the director will not listen to you as she has to work with the old staff and the fake charges will be pressed against you and BELIEVE ME NO ONE WILL LISTEN TO YOU.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Work and you will come to know
Enjoyable, rewarding and satisfying job.
Childcare Educator (Former Employee) –  Lane Cove, NSW15 September 2015
KU is very big on continuing to learn and develop for the benefit of staff and children.

The director I had was encouraging and taught me heaps, especially by watching her interactions with the children.

The other people I worked with were committed and generous in their work and also taught me a lot.
Pros
Not for profit company, play based curriculum, guide children's behaviour, high view of children and their rights.
Cons
Becoming more focused on profit, Expecting staff to work more hours for no extra pay, Therefore each child gets less attention and benefit.
All KU centres have consistantly good quality conditions and management.
Casual Child care Cook (Current Employee) –  All locations throughout Sydney2 February 2013
I have worked as both a Permenant and casual employee for KU and have always been very satisfied.