Life Without Barriers Employee Reviews

The headoffice was always clean and the staff were always friendly and happy
Foster Carer (Former Employee) –  Rockdale NSW18 June 2017
Being a Foster Carer is working from home and caring for the child. The company in general were always there for you if you need them. Very big on culture and you had to complete 3 courses per year to continue being a Carer. I guess the hardest part of the job was making the child feel welcome and comfortable in your home. The children obviously had been removed from danger. So they would be scared. The most enjoyable part of the job was making them happy and being loved.
Pros
They always looked after the Carers when in training
Cons
Always long hours
Made many long term friends
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Springwood QLD23 May 2017
Great support from the admin team. We all worked well together, along with the Coordinators and Program Managers.
The variety in the position was great. Learnt many things.
Pros
The office was in the shopping district.
Positive experience
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia15 April 2017
I worked at LWB for 2 1/2 years and overall was pleased with the organisation. I was able to pursue professional and personal goals at my time with LWB and would be happy to work there again.
Different skills
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD3 April 2017
I worked as Disability Support Worker, sometimes back to back if someone didn't show up. I took the client for shopping and appointment for the Doctor. On time to work rain or shine. I followed the workplace health and safety for my clients. The hardest part of the job if your had three clients and by yourself to work . I got more pay, and caring for them.
Pros
Free lunches
Not Recommended
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD25 March 2017
Best thing about the job is my clients who I love working with. They are the ONLY reason I have stayed with LWB.
Management keeps changing and doesnt listen to support workers on the ground.
As much as I love my clients I wouldnt recommend LWB as a workplace.
Working with young people
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Orange NSW19 March 2017
The most part I enjoy about this position is working with young people to help support them for their future.
Due to my work I am unable to provide Information due being Confidential Information.
Agency does a lot of good. Employees lack good work ethic
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW9 March 2017
Employees lack good work ethic. People are promoted for the wrong reasons. Agency does a lot of good for refugees and new Australians. Management is a little lost. They need to figure out direction and work together to get there. Communication could be improved.
Pros
Agency does good work for clients.
Cons
Bad work ethic in employees.
people are great to work with
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dandenong VIC26 January 2017
This company is great because of the people that work here and make a difference to our clients. Management could use with more training in order to provide better support to their staff.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
long hours remuneration does not match the work output
I am willing to drive in and out to any positions available in the mining industry
Indigenous Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton City QLD8 November 2016
I am a very respectful and motivated person who enjoys working with people of any ethnic backgrounds. I am reliable and very organised person
I am single and I am willing to drive to work. I have my CA car licence and my own vehicle. I am a healthy person and I like to keep active and I also enjoy meeting people and learning new information.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Don't like negative people
Great team culture
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northern rivers3 November 2016
Supportive and cohesive team. Job was enjoyable and was able to work independently. Staff turnover was a little high - think this may be due to the sensitive nature of the job.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Staff turnover
Community activities ...Team support for education and life skills with client
Youth Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD9 October 2016
I enjoyed my time with LWB and worked with clients with complex behavioural issues and found the company management and workers to be very supportive.

A typical day is
Arrive for work and changeover information with staff members.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
extra training not allway available
Toxic environment and incompetent management
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 September 2016
Most mid- and senior-level managers in their NSW branch of the refugee program are incompetent and do not have the technical knowledge of programs they run, they lack people skills needed to manage staff, address their needs or accord respect, they instead resort to micromanagement and making petty and demeaning rules.
you have up and downs
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD12 September 2016
you have up and downs in any jobs. but it can be a rewarding challenge by helping the community by volunteering your time with young people.
Pros
helping the community
Cons
workplace for people who loves to make a difference
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA10 September 2016
My work days are never the same and often unfold differently of how I planned it. I have learned to be flexible, being adaptable and act on what ever needs to be attended to, juggling many priorities and meeting several deadlines. For sure no day is the same but at the same time that's what I like in my job.
Pros
not borring
fun place
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD16 July 2016
Lots of cultural activities, training, good people, helping clients with disability is a rewarding experience, never a dull moment.
Pros
free lunch at training
Cons
n/a
moderate
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW6 June 2016
a typical day at work can be full on. You work with amazing support workers as co workers. you learn as you go and learn with each client you support.
everyday there is a new learning experience.
Pros
great clients
Cons
no advancement
Rewarding job.
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Alice Springs Region NT22 May 2016
Encouraging and assisting clients with various Disabilities to become more independent by working towards their goals. This experience taught me the true meaning of patience and that consistency is key when helping them work towards achievements.

I had worked along side Staff from diverse Religious and Cultural backgrounds with little or no experience in the caring field. Alice Springs being such a remote town, it was hard retain Staff for periods longer then 2 years.This made our jobs a lot harder as our clients weren't able to have that consistent care but we continued to do our best and were acknowledged constantly for our efforts and given a lot of work study options to better support skills.

The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to watch our clients go from start to finish when achieving their goals. Regardless of how long it took them to achieve these, the smiles of achievement were well worth the push and wait. One of the most rewarding jobs I've had and am truly blessed to have been a part of it.
loved working here
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW19 April 2016
Great place to work, very client focused, the organisation has great values.
Management were very approachable, great colleagues, hardest part, never enough time in each day and the most enjoyable was working with the clients.
A good dymamtic team to work with
Property Manager / Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Springwood QLD3 March 2016
I have needed to be able to be flexible, but at the same time be able to complete the days tasks. I have learnt a lot in my current position and am keen to continue with my professional development
Great people, great place to work!
Carer Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beenleigh QLD31 January 2016
Supportive, friendly workplace. The absolutely best place that I have worked at! Management were very supportive and approachable.