lovisa Employee Reviews

poor management
Retail (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW narellan31 January 2018
overall my experience working at lovisa was the worst job ive come across. I was lucky I got out of that company fast. the management towards staff is horrible and the expectations of their staff was disgraceful.
Pros
half discount on jewellry
Cons
poor hours and bad bad pay
Horrific
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cavill Avenue QLD17 January 2018
visit glassdoor.com and look at the negative reviews on there, they will tell you ll you need to know including my one. kpis are impossible you're expected to act like a robot with none of your own personality.
honestly go to glassdoor and read mine and many other people's negative reviews. It's surprising that place is still open.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Fun People, Demanding Job
RETAIL SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New South Wales9 January 2018
Within Lovisa there's never a resting moment, you are always on your feet greeting customers, making sales and ensuring the store the cleaned top to bottom. This fast paced work life can be demanding for some people and sometimes stressful. Although the friendships made with team members and managers are some of the strongest relationships made. The team supports one another and looks out for each other making the workplace one where you can be yourself and enjoy the Lovisa lifestyle.
Pros
The people, great discounts!
Cons
Many tasks, always on your feet
A very varied position
working the tills
communicating with team mates
tracking sales
achieving sales targets
Unorganised management and lack of good job culture
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 December 2017
I worked here for 2 years and watched management come and go, the inconsistency in management and the lack of respect to 'senior' team members ultimately lead to my entire team quitting in one go. The manner in which staff were being treated was disrespectful and new management disallowed the growth of employees and the opportunities that were offered to us by past management.
Horrible
Performing sales (Former Employee) –  Narellan NSW13 November 2017
You are bullied by your regional mangers daily!!! Unrealistic sales targets and just overall too hard on the poor girls. I lasted about 2 months but ended up having to leave from extreme stress!
would not recommend it to anyone, in fact I urge you not to work there.
Pros
great group of girls
Cons
Regional managers are bullies
Productive and fast paced enjoyable environment
Retail (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD13 November 2017
I loved working with all the girls and enjoyed the selections of music. Was fantastic first Job to gain experience in customer service and cash handle ect. Working towards goals is my area as i am goal orientated. The managers were friends and encouraging.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
small workspace
Management needs extreme work.
Werribee Part-time (Former Employee) –  Werribee Plaza VIC12 November 2017
Management plays favourites with staff and lacks communication. very unorganised. New staff having to chase up own shifts or trying to get put onto the roster even. very stressful.
Pros
cheap discounts
Cons
lack of communication
Can be fun
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 October 2017
very busy at times. expectation is very high. sometimes gets tough as so much things to do , mutitasking is a must . most staff are goo. mangers can be a bit tough.
Pros
good pay
Cons
stress is high
Team member (Current Employee) –  Ellenbrook WA18 October 2017
Really good workplace with great opportunities, the managers are hardworking and always ask your availability so if your'e a student this job is great as they are flexible.
Worst company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Coffs Harbour Plaza NSW29 September 2017
I was hired as a store manager and lasted 1 month!!! Regionals are bullies have absolutely no communication skills, are negative and don't understand that you can't force people to buy the rubbish products that they sell. Unrealistic expectations and absolutely no support. Regionals expect you to check on your store on your days off and have no faith in the staff. Worst place I have ever worked at!!!!
Pros
Met some great people
Cons
Where do i start!!!
fun workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erina Fair NSW10 September 2017
super fun and nice group of girls! I had a really fun time working there and would recommend it o everyone, especially to younger girls maybe . between 17 ad 25 ish
Good First/ Christmas Casual Job
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 August 2017
Working as a Christmas Casual at Lovisa was my first job. I received helpful training and my managers and co-workers were very helpful and understanding. I enjoyed my time and i was happy with the pay for my first job!
Pros
Great training, helpful staff
The best job I've have since
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queen Victoria Building NSW24 July 2017
A typical day at work is not normally too busy to the point I feel overwhelmed, I would have 2 other workers with me.
I have learnt to find a good middle ground between friendly and professional.
Management was very friendly yet professional, which I've learnt to become more of.
The workplace culture was not very diverse, but everyone got along.
The hardest part of my job was letting it go because of schooling.
The most enjoyable part was the staff - the friends I made.
Pros
breaks
Cons
short hours
Semi-ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rouse Hill NSW29 June 2017
To be fairly honest, I think that the regional managers are very hard on the sale assistants and store managers. From my experience, we had several groups each month due to the regionals behaviour towards the team. They are crazy sales-driven and will do anything to make big sales. I've had to buy some add-ons myself because I wasn't meeting the "requirements" and I wasn't "trying hard enough". It's a tough company to work with, considering that the jewellery is not purely real.
Pros
Good work colleagues, dressing up, team-piece jewellery to wear, 50% discount
Cons
Short hours, underpaid, higher management, impossible expectations
Upbeat & fun place to work with friendly co-workers
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlestown NSW7 June 2017
Lovisa is a friendly and fun place to work! I love showing up to work and looking forward to a new and exciting work day and helping customers achieve the look they're after!
Pros
Team member discount, friendly co-workers
Cons
Unpleasant customers
fun exciting company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD20 May 2017
this company is great, you just have to know the right people. it isn't good if you get on the wrong side of a regional, they will make it their life to get you out.
Awesome workplace
Team Member (Christmas Casual) (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT10 May 2017
I miss working here very much, I enjoyed my time very much. The girls there were like family and still talk to a few of the girls I worked with and would love to have another opportunity like this.
Don't even bother
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD16 April 2017
I'm not even sure where to start with this company. They're a lawsuit waiting to happen. I was a manager in the Bundaberg store and didn't even last 6 months, the regional and area managers had a bullying culture and belittled you in front of customers. My team was terribly trained, lazy and not accepting at all. It was filled with gossip, bullying and degradation, you would constantly be told you're doing everything wrong and never praised when doing things right. Starting work hours earlier and leaving hours after you're supposed to, sometimes being told by security to leave at night and never getting paid for it. Rosters changes without your consent, constant micro managing. I can go on and on but in all honesty. Don't work here. Just save yourself the trouble.
Pros
40% off cheap jewellery that always breaks
Cons
I don't even know where to start. The list is too long
Productive and Fun Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC13 March 2017
Very busy now and then. Learned about sales and persuasion.
Hardest part of the job for me was rearranging jewellery back to where it was found, or finding the price of jewellery with tag prices being ripped off. Enjoyed talking to customers.
Pros
Mingling
Cons
Messy