lovisa Employee Reviews

Horrible
Performing sales (Former Employee) –  Narellan NSW13 November 2017
You are bullied by your regional mangers daily!!! Unrealistic sales targets and just overall too hard on the poor girls. I lasted about 2 months but ended up having to leave from extreme stress!
would not recommend it to anyone, in fact I urge you not to work there.
Pros
great group of girls
Cons
Regional managers are bullies
Management needs extreme work.
Werribee Part-time (Former Employee) –  Werribee Plaza VIC12 November 2017
Management plays favourites with staff and lacks communication. very unorganised. New staff having to chase up own shifts or trying to get put onto the roster even. very stressful.
Pros
cheap discounts
Cons
lack of communication
Can be fun
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 October 2017
very busy at times. expectation is very high. sometimes gets tough as so much things to do , mutitasking is a must . most staff are goo. mangers can be a bit tough.
Pros
good pay
Cons
stress is high
Team member (Current Employee) –  Ellenbrook WA18 October 2017
Really good workplace with great opportunities, the managers are hardworking and always ask your availability so if your'e a student this job is great as they are flexible.
Worst company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Coffs Harbour Plaza NSW29 September 2017
I was hired as a store manager and lasted 1 month!!! Regionals are bullies have absolutely no communication skills, are negative and don't understand that you can't force people to buy the rubbish products that they sell. Unrealistic expectations and absolutely no support. Regionals expect you to check on your store on your days off and have no faith in the staff. Worst place I have ever worked at!!!!
Pros
Met some great people
Cons
Where do i start!!!
fun workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erina Fair NSW10 September 2017
super fun and nice group of girls! I had a really fun time working there and would recommend it o everyone, especially to younger girls maybe . between 17 ad 25 ish
Good First/ Christmas Casual Job
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 August 2017
Working as a Christmas Casual at Lovisa was my first job. I received helpful training and my managers and co-workers were very helpful and understanding. I enjoyed my time and i was happy with the pay for my first job!
Pros
Great training, helpful staff
The best job I've have since
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queen Victoria Building NSW24 July 2017
A typical day at work is not normally too busy to the point I feel overwhelmed, I would have 2 other workers with me.
I have learnt to find a good middle ground between friendly and professional.
Management was very friendly yet professional, which I've learnt to become more of.
The workplace culture was not very diverse, but everyone got along.
The hardest part of my job was letting it go because of schooling.
The most enjoyable part was the staff - the friends I made.
Pros
breaks
Cons
short hours
Semi-ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rouse Hill NSW29 June 2017
To be fairly honest, I think that the regional managers are very hard on the sale assistants and store managers. From my experience, we had several groups each month due to the regionals behaviour towards the team. They are crazy sales-driven and will do anything to make big sales. I've had to buy some add-ons myself because I wasn't meeting the "requirements" and I wasn't "trying hard enough". It's a tough company to work with, considering that the jewellery is not purely real.
Pros
Good work colleagues, dressing up, team-piece jewellery to wear, 50% discount
Cons
Short hours, underpaid, higher management, impossible expectations
Upbeat & fun place to work with friendly co-workers
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlestown NSW7 June 2017
Lovisa is a friendly and fun place to work! I love showing up to work and looking forward to a new and exciting work day and helping customers achieve the look they're after!
Pros
Team member discount, friendly co-workers
Cons
Unpleasant customers
fun exciting company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD20 May 2017
this company is great, you just have to know the right people. it isn't good if you get on the wrong side of a regional, they will make it their life to get you out.
Awesome workplace
Team Member (Christmas Casual) (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT10 May 2017
I miss working here very much, I enjoyed my time very much. The girls there were like family and still talk to a few of the girls I worked with and would love to have another opportunity like this.
Don't even bother
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD16 April 2017
I'm not even sure where to start with this company. They're a lawsuit waiting to happen. I was a manager in the Bundaberg store and didn't even last 6 months, the regional and area managers had a bullying culture and belittled you in front of customers. My team was terribly trained, lazy and not accepting at all. It was filled with gossip, bullying and degradation, you would constantly be told you're doing everything wrong and never praised when doing things right. Starting work hours earlier and leaving hours after you're supposed to, sometimes being told by security to leave at night and never getting paid for it. Rosters changes without your consent, constant micro managing. I can go on and on but in all honesty. Don't work here. Just save yourself the trouble.
Pros
40% off cheap jewellery that always breaks
Cons
I don't even know where to start. The list is too long
Productive and Fun Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC13 March 2017
Very busy now and then. Learned about sales and persuasion.
Hardest part of the job for me was rearranging jewellery back to where it was found, or finding the price of jewellery with tag prices being ripped off. Enjoyed talking to customers.
Pros
Mingling
Cons
Messy
Easy workplace but not worth it
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Lakes QLD27 February 2017
A good job if you're not looking for much of a challenge. Easy but boring. Very goal orientated, sometimes too much. You get put last when it comes to achieving goals.
great
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Miranda NSW10 February 2017
Excellent workplace, great employee reationships, fun and enjoyable. Great management. Would definitely reccommend working for Lovisa to friends and family members.
Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 February 2017
At Lovisa you will be taught to work in a dynamic retail environment. You will learn to deliver customer experience, style, cash handling skills. Overall a fun environment to work in.
terrible experience and exploitive.
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woden ACT18 January 2017
I worked at lovisa in Woden, canberra for about one year. Originally, i was hired as a young 15 year old for christmas causal and then was asked to stay apart of the team. However, I hated the typical day at lovisa. firstly, you were forced every week to buy an item from the store. If you didnt, the manager would get angry. This added up to be quite expensive. Secondly, the managers were extremely rude. for instance, if the shop didn't have many customers, they would call up and harass you for not correctly doing you job... like you can help if people want to come in or not? Additionally, they would publicly humiliate all the staff of the Lovisa website. They will say who did a poor job, who looked the worst and the best etc. similarly, you would be forced to wear make up to every shift... and not just classy make up, however you had to follow the theme of the day. If you didnt have the right make up or clothes you couldnt work. and if you had to work, you would be picked on. Additionally, the pay for Lovisa was awful. Not only did they pay a 15 year old 10 dollars an hour, however often they forgot to pay me. Not only this however shifts that were supposed to end at 4 pm, would continue till 11pm. UNPAID.
When it came to my resignation, i was yelled at and told they wouldn't reference me... after working loyally for a year.
do not recommend working there.
Pros
made friends with other workers
Cons
exploitive, rude, unorganised
No shifts
Casual Retail Assistant/Stylist (Current Employee) –  Broadmeadows VIC2 December 2016
Barely get any shifts and when i ask for it i have to pretty much beg and keep reminding to give me shift. But can be fun and the workers have great personalities.
Pros
Good area
Cons
Lonely
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  -26 September 2016
I enjoyed working at Lovisa, however, I don't believe retail is where I belong and would rather work in hospitality hence why I would like to work with a catering company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at lovisa. Our community is ready to answer.