Macquarie University Employee Reviews

Great family-friendly workplace.
Tutor - Department of Linguistics (Current Employee) –  North Ryde NSW13 August 2017
I am very happy at Macquarie University. I have had many opportunities but as casual employee, I have no job security.
Macquarie promotes diversity and flexibility for its employees.
Valuable practical experience
Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 June 2017
Valuable practical experience on what it is like to do research in psychology.
Gives students a chance to design, recruit and conduct an experiment under the guidance of an expert supervisor.
Fun and Sometimes Challenging
Work title - Concierge/security E11A (Chancellery) (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 April 2017
Working with high profile management and direct contact with the academic staff from all departments. Nice environment and not busy all the time. The job is not hard but requires constant common sense and also needs someone to think on their feet and assist staff with different issues like IT and venues booking management.
Pros
Not busy
Cons
Long Hours
Excelente universidad
Marketing Online (Former Employee) –  Australia21 March 2017
Una de las mejores universidades rankeadas en Sydney con un nivel académico privilegiado y una orientación hacia los negocios globales.
health and fitness, soccer, rugby, intervarsity sports, martial artsetc
Adjunct Lecturer/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 March 2017
Macquarie university is an excellent place to work with unlimited potential for sporting activities, health and fitness made available to all students and all academic members of staff.
Pros
N/a
Cons
This is a contract job
Fun place and good colleagues to work with
Project Coordinator, Programs, Central IT (Former Employee) –  Sydney Northern Suburbs NSW14 March 2017
The Projects team I worked with was a fun group to be with. Even though we worked hard, we also had fun which built up our rapport. We would do a lot to help each other out. Management changed quite a bit as there were continuous funding cuts over the years. The hardest part of the job was when the whole team was dis-established in mid-2016 because of funding cuts and projects are now outsourced.
Pros
Fun and collaborative managers and team
Cons
Funding cuts and continous changes
Liberal arts university
Senior Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia3 February 2017
A beautiful campus for a liberal arts university. The recent train station has made it more convenient for students to get to Macquarie University. Under pressure to expand.
Great Experience
Receptionist and PA (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 January 2017
Provide reception support for Faulty Office.
Respond to enquiries and provide information to staff, students and stakeholders about the Faculty and its operations, escalating enquiries as appropriate.
Assist with the diary management for the Faculty General Manager.
Arranging events such as interviews, board meetings, faculty retreat, away days and the end of year function.
Excellent to work for
University practicum student advisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 January 2017
I was a casual part time employee that mostly spent time at different preschool, long day care centres and primary schools. My time spent on campus was always remembered as being very friendly and extremely helpful
Good situation
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 January 2017
Macquarie university provides a suitable situation for its students and staffs with different cultures.

Different programs are considered for different countries which is admirable
It has been a great experience till date
PhD student (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 January 2017
Macquarie University has given me a platform to achieve the highest degree (PhD) in the academic field. I am getting to learn new things everyday which fascinates me even more. I will try to gather knowledge as much as I can from this university to contribute to the society in future.
Dynamic and flexible arrangement
Computer Subject Practical Tutor (Former Employee) –  Macquarie University NSW1 December 2016
Dynamic and flexible working arrangement.
Able to work close to the industrial leaders and experts.
Able to learn from the technology lead.
Limited by Federal funding cuts
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  North Ryde NSW1 December 2016
An interesting environment that combines creative and cultural studies. Funding cuts in 2014 and later have cost jobs, especially seessional work.
Exciting place to work
Director of Applications and Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  North Ryde NSW13 October 2016
Dynamic organisation with a diverse range of people, technologies and IT challenges. The organisation has numerous IT systems which assist, extend and improve the overall success of the organisation.
Handling tasks with a positive attitude, stimulating the zeal to yield results
Research Student (Current Employee) –  Tomago NSW3 September 2016
I like working in a multicultural environment. I am a hardworking, sociable team player, with result oriented performance, and pay attention to little details. I am a good time manager and I follow instructions carefully.

I am flexible to work in the night and creative in transfer of skills, thus I can perform in many categories of jobs. I appreciate challenges that come with the job, as this creates an opportunity window for me to think critically and develop alternative approaches.

I dislike social and cultural exclusion, and I don't enjoy a job where performance is not appreciated.
Unpaid position but with great team
Unit Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 July 2016
Good organisation, great advancement opportunities. Am currently beginning an internship with the program I was in.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Unpaid
Great to start career in University Laboratories with newest technologies
Postdoctoral research fellow (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW1 February 2016
Good place to work and experience novel developments in technology.
I learned about prototype production for industry.
Pros
Flexible diverse work and various dueties
Cons
Job Security and development
Great team to work with
Research Integrity Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW12 January 2016
Excellent team to work with on a daily basis
Interesting and varied work
Great work/life balance
Fun university environment
Nice environment to work
IT Support Officer (Current Employee) –  NSW10 February 2015
Great experience to work in MQ University. I started as a casual staff working part time. After 6 months, when I finish my master, I started to work full time. Finally I get a permanent position and my level of responsibilities, experience and knowledge increase.
Productive and fun workplace.
Spanish Tutor (Current Employee) –  Sydney8 December 2014
A typical day at work would be in a one to one session with the students to practice the language and help them assess in their academic literacy in skills such as understanding unit requirements, exam preparation, revision, oral presentation kills and writing skills among others.
I learned much more of the system of education in Australia. The management of this program is very organized and effective to see positive results in the students' academic progress. The working environment was vey calm and nice.
The hardest part of the job was that the hours assigned depended on the availability of the students and sometimes they had other activities that did not allow them to have sessions.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the great attitude and respect that I received and gave to my boss and my students and the way classes were so enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Depending on students availability to have hours.