Mantra Group Employee Reviews

Potential to be amazing but lacking
Trade Reservations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Surfers Paradise QLD19 February 2018
A great work environment, the staff are amazing, warm & friendly people. Unfortunately Management is not. Managers spend so much time in meetings or chatting that they don't have the time to look after their staff. There is no support structure, no consistency with training or updates. Staff often work over and above their duties with no recognition or even a thank you. Blame is quickly passed on but nothing is done to rectify it.
They do have regular food days where the bosses will provide pizza or finger food for staff. They have fun games for special occasions or when promoting a sale.
Pros
Free food (sometimes), drinks on a Friday at your desk.
Cons
Hard work, rosters that constantly change, no flexibility.
Mantra
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT5 February 2018
Great work place
Lovely people
Organised company
Would diffently recommend to others
Everyone is friendly and helpful
All work well together as a team
Positive work place
Reservations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD7 November 2017
Challenging yet exciting jobs in meting and greeting people. While being employed here enbled me to understand different culture background and adapt accordingly to customer needs.
Pros
Career development
Cons
no career growth
Opportunities for growth
Corporate Relocation Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Surfers Paradise QLD15 April 2017
Mantra group is a great place to work and they offer courses for advancement in the hospitality industry and always easy to move from one position to another for further advancement.
Poor
Maintenance assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane24 March 2017
I worked for mantra for three months and was provided with only one work shirt and only one pair of work shorts, not to mention no safety boots. When I initially started I was told that I would have a Bunnings card so that I could access materials, three months later no card in sight. I was fully expected and held accountable to uphold Mantra's manintence standard during the course of my employment. I was also expected to float between three mantra properties with three different start and finish times, not to mention using my own vehicle and mobile phone without any compensation. In the end, I lost all love for the job. There's only so much that paper clips and superglue can do, if you no what I mean.
Pros
Cons
Budget cuts
Good security, but disappointing hours
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 December 2016
It had good job security, but largely understaffed when very busy. The Mantra Group prioritise making money over employee satisfaction, so always have the minimum number of people on. Despite being promised a certain amount of hours, only half of those were actually given. Not the fault of the supervisor, but the management itself.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Understaffed and insufficient hours
accomodation provider
Commis chef (Current Employee) –  St Kilda Road VIC5 May 2016
learnt all the aspects about kitchen.with great experience of 6 years. covered all corners to enhance high profile skills
Beautiful location
Guest relations (Current Employee) –  SURFERS PARADISE10 March 2015
Love working with the public, Happy guest enjoying their holidays.
Fantastic work place environment. Trying to please all guests would be an appropriate referral to being the hardest part of my employment.
Pros
Fantastic workplace environment
Cons
N/a
Good FD Team but lack of communication between HR and Management
Duty Manager, Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW11 September 2013
It's helped me to learn about local culture because I already had experience in multinational companies.