McCain Foods (Aust) Pty Ltd. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good pay but not guaranteed shifts
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Lisarow NSW22 February 2017
working at Mccain has tought me how to work with speed and stay cool under pressure, tought me several skills about cooking, packing and working through a production line. Working at Mccain is long hours which i don't mind but continuous and can get boring
Pros
good pay
Cons
Guaranteed shifts
A mixed bag of pros and cons
Quality controller/Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Mitchell Park VIC11 December 2015
In 1994 I started as a casual employee and was only going to stay for 12 months until I found another job. That 12 months turned into 21 years. The company pays really well, but some conditions have been compromised over the years. I was lucky enough to achieve full time work after only less than 2 years. I have been given loads of training in various jobs during my time there.
I have made many good friends from working there and I am still friends with them today.
One of the pitfalls of the job was the constant turnover of management at all levels. It was hard to get some continuity in dealing with some issues because of this.
Overall, this multi-national company has instilled itself in the Ballarat community and will hopefully be here for many years to come.
Pros
Well paid, stability, known brand
Cons
Huge turnover of management, no continuity or flexibility