Mission Australia Employee Reviews

A good organisation to work for
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Goondiwindi QLD13 July 2017
The Mission Australia nondenominational christian culture is applied to their organisation and this gives employees the security in knowing they are valued as an employee.

There is an excellent work family balance and chaplaincy is provided at time of stress.

You are able to salary sacrifice and the wage is in accordance with expertise experiences.

When meeting targets staff are rewarded with discount vouchers and at Christmas staff are shouted meals at local restaurant.
Pros
Good pay and working conditions
Cons
some managers lack people skills
Interesting and exciting type of clients
ENGLISH, COMPUTER AND EMPLOYMENT SKILLS TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Sydney2 July 2017
Mission Australia is a great organisation for the services that it provides and the clients that it strives for, specially disadvantaged members of community.
Pros
Staff counselling and support
Cons
Job insecurity
Good place to work - contract only.
Acting Administration Officer / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Karratha WA6 June 2017
Pleasant working conditions. Caring fellow employees. Help people who really needed help so lots of job satisfaction.
Was a fixed contract position
Pros
Near home - convenient location
Near station, nice colleagues
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW29 May 2017
I was responsible for assessing completion claim forms received from employers of Australian apprentices using Government and in-house databases, liaising with employers, apprentices, registered training organisations and TAFE as necessary.
Pros
Near station
Cons
Poor management
Great staff with diverse work place
StandBy Crisis Response Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Newman WA24 May 2017
Great work work conditions.
Training was appropriate and good.
Management are professional and supportive of staff.
Salary was a bit under par considering remoteness of workplace.
Pros
Use of company car and diverse work practices
Cons
long hot days
fun place
Pathway Advisor/ Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 April 2017
Productive and professional work culture. Employees are treated with respect and provided adequate training. Constructive performance reviews are part of the work culture.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Occasional long hours
Excellent mission and ethos
SEE PROGRAM ADULT EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Katherine NT13 March 2017
The workplace culture varies from place to place but the key value of celebrating our successes no matter how minor was so useful when the work involves such misery and hardship with clients. The values are strong and when they are embodied the company is a great place to work.

For the day to day work of all staff put great effort in to help their clients and make a real effort to change their lives. I learned how to embody the spirit of Mission Australia and strive to live up to the moral and ethical framework of the organisation.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the personal relationships created with clients and colleagues. The people I worked with made it worth coming to work. Which makes it hard to understand how the management can fail to put the resources into Human Resource management and take care of their people. In an effort to reduce the often unnecessary bureaucracy they have cut back on middle management, including HR and the organisation suffers. The battle between helping people and making ends meet can also make it harder to do our jobs under so much stress.

The organisation is great to work for and most of the staff are fantastic. Overall a great place and doing fantastic things for the community.
Pros
Great benefits to the community
Cons
The need to meet the spreadsheet targets
Productive centre.
Work Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Tuggerah NSW27 February 2017
As a work placement student, they didn't welcome me as much as I would have liked them too. Lovely staff, productive and good routines and activities for the children
Great services for the community
IT Service Centre Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 February 2017
Be Punctual and expect the same with colleagues
Team Work
Room to improve services
Celebration of personal and team achievement
Work life balance
Opportunity to grow
Career progression
Pros
Recognition and reward
Cons
Limited resources
No comment
IT Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA17 February 2017
Average employer. With lots of issues
two faced management and staff
Too much load for 1 person.
Horrible career advancement
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Always busy

Want to know more about Mission Australia?

Ask a question
Mission Australia were the most supportive organisation I have ever worked for.
Offender Reintegration Support (ORSS) Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wide Bay QLD17 February 2017
Great work ethic, very understanding and willing to assist in any way possible. My manager was happy to muck in with the rest of the team if need be. The team were great and we worked well together even though we were spread far and wide across Queensland.
Pros
Flexible and understanding
Transforming Lives
Sales Support Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlestown NSW5 February 2017
I worked with Mission Australia for 3.5 years in a range of roles from Job Placement, Sales Rep, Claims Officer to Reception to Caseworker (some days), as we had several periods with very low levels of staff it wasn't uncommon for staff to be doing 3 peoples work without getting the time to do it, we had high quality of jobseekers and not enough caseworkers to assist properly in finding employment, I worked 12 hour days (7am - 7pm) just to get work done as I was usually the only one doing anything, however management didn't care let alone acknowledge when you would go above and beyond the role to get the best outcome, but as soon as something went wrong you would be chastised and asked why you couldn't do better.
However whilst I was there I did gain many skills on how to interact with diverse cultures and people of all different walks of life, understanding mental illness and disabilities and gaining skills and using programs that I had never used before as well as being able to help those who had been unemployed find work for the first time in 10 years which was the best part of the role.
Pros
Staff
Cons
friendly workmate and nice and safe work enviroment
Home Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 January 2017
i think in this place managment is good and also work mate so nice and friendly . they help each other and also they share their ideas toghether .
Great organisation with passionate people
Case-management (Former Employee) –  Mundingburra QLD15 January 2017
- A typical day could be completely administrative work - i.e. uploading case plans, email correspondence with stakeholders, report writing for the funding body and helping staff to better understand the computer systems we use; or it could be completely chaotic - modeling how to help de-escalate an upset young person who is throwing furniture around the room.
- really impressed with the support from leadership all the way up the chain of command, and their passion to do the right things by our clients and by the vulnerable Australian
- excellent support from the WH&S and other consultants
I loved working here
Child Educator (Former Employee) –  Warnbro WA10 January 2017
I worked here for 9 years and learnt a lot while I was there the management were approachable and always waintec you to do your best encouraging everyone. I worked for the EELS side and found them great company would go back if I had the chance.
Pros
Time off the floor to do your paperwork
Cons
Na
productive day
Op Shop Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA5 December 2016
always hard work with all the donations that come thru daily but such a great place to volunteer my time and to gain great experience. great staff and great people
Satisfied:
Recovery Case Worker/Manager (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill QLD27 November 2016
Overall I am satisfied with my current employment with Mission Australia. I am employed as a recovery case worker, and I find my job to be fulfulling. I enjoy helping my clients get better and well. I feel this job has all the right purpose to help our clients and community.
Fun friendly place to work with lovely chn
Childcare Educator (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW26 November 2016
I mainly worked at kurri kurri at first the staff and director were a lovely bunch of people and then a new director took over and the place went from a happy relaxed place to work to a place of tension with many of the original staff leaving...I had to leave as my mums cancer went to her brain and spine and passed away in 2014....
My favorite Mission Australia early learning was Cooranbong. .
Pros
The children
Cons
Not hiring older women with experience
fun and friendly work place
Early childhood educator (Current Employee) –  Tumbi Umbi NSW23 November 2016
i enjoyed working with a great team and pushing my skills and abilities everyday when new challenges arose. I learnt a lot working here as it was the first job in this field after I completed studies. you can learn so much off the children in care and inturn you can teach them so many things about their world.
productive
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD23 October 2016
worked good hours and learnt how to use Microsoft excel and other Microsoft programs, enjoyed working with the co workers as they were great support, the most enjoyable part of working with mission Australia was having a very supportive team to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Australia. Our community is ready to answer.