Monash Health Employee Reviews

Nice company to work for
Enrolled Nurse (Former Employee) –  Victoria29 June 2017
I worked for Monash Health for little over a year,was close to home.lovely Managements,supportive staff. loved the education session.I learned a lot about Mental Health and I was able to experience the other side of Nursing..I enjoyed working with the patients and family.
Pros
great environment, team work, scheduled and allocated work. different shifts availablity
Casey and Dandenong Hospital excellent to work in
Emergency Registrar (Former Employee) –  Berwick VIC13 May 2017
Excellent emergency departments both Dandenong and Casey ED. Well organised and well staffed. With excellent senior staff. Would work there again. Also magnificent nursing staff.
Bad culture
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clayton VIC7 May 2017
Not a good organisation to work for. Staff are bullied and intimidated if they report it. Some wards are better than others but tje executives put so much pressure on NUMs it is hard to not be affected. Work somewhere else.
Pros
Staff shortages mean constant recruitment
Cons
Toxic culture, bulllying, unfair workload, no career progression
Good job, great staff
Division 2 nurse medication endorsed (Former Employee) –  Doveton VIC15 March 2017
We had a job description to adhere too, It was challenging at times but because of good teamwork we were able to complete all required tasks in the time limit. I left this job to relocate interstate to be closer to family.
Pros
great team
Cons
challenging situations (Psych nursing)
future hopes
Emergency nurse (Current Employee) –  Clayton VIC6 March 2017
I would like to be able to work in paediatric emergency as an educator 2-3 days a week permanently
I would like more accessibility to education/lectures for casual staff
Pros
staff
Cons
would like more education courses available to bank staff
Great People to work with
human information services (Current Employee) –  Berwick VIC26 February 2017
Very busy, and interesting job. I am wanting more to learn and more hours. Most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the unwell patients leave happy again and the hardest part of my job would be the mental health patients that we some times deal with.
Good Company to work for they care about their employees
Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 January 2017
I am a Mental Health Clinician, my typical day is assessing new clients that have been referred by ACF or GP because they have been presenting with behavioural issues most of our clients have Dementia with BPSD and I am part of the Residential Support Program consisting of Nurses, Social Workers and Occupational Therapists. RSP comprises of 6 clinicians and a Team Leader.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Workiulate to complete assessments, discharge summaries or typing behaviour management strategies
Productive and fun place to work specially for the patients
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC5 December 2016
A busy day at work is tremendous with Team work
Learning more about the job
Jobs at it's difference are manageable
working with a team is very helpful for personal and collective knowledge as work are different
Job can be hard at times when you have to manage by yourself doing different tasks on time having no one around to give some help,it can be harder and late to finish..
The hardest part of the Job can be the most enjoyable part of it as one acquire experience with more knowledge being part of a team in team working which helps a lot and make it enjoyable
Physiotherapy department - allied health
Physiotherapist (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC14 June 2016
The staff at Monash health are very friendly and helpful.

Excellent support from other Allied health staff, nursing and medical.

Would not advise working here if you are a physiotherapist and based at Casey or Dandenong. The manager is very difficult to work with and he does not allow you take ADO or annual leave when you want them. A very toxic environment because of this. This is the only reason I left the organisation, if there was a change in management I would return in a second. Very high turn over of staff because of this, especially Grade 1s
Pros
Good staff in medical and nursing
Cons
amazing work atmosphere, with lovely people.
Patient Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 April 2016
A typical work day at the hospital was busy from the start of the shift to the end; there is a set schedule that must be followed. While following the schedule I would have to assist nurses and interact with patients. Throughout the time I was there I learned the systems of the hospital and how the PSA's fit in and their part in the hospital. The co-workers were very helpful and understand and patient with me. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people who have passed away. The most enjoyable is making the patients happy and seeing them smile and talking to them.
Pros
Making the patients happy and free coffee
Cons
constantly on your feet
Cashier's office is interesting, but very busy &very understaffed.
Cashier, Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Clayton, VIC11 December 2015
Cashier's office is interesting, but very busy & very understaffed. You need to learn 6 computer systems plus word & excel, that are used daily. There is no flexibility, so there is no such thing as work/life balance. No support. No negotiation. Most staff are new with little cashier knowledge.
Hardest part if the job is getting quick, correct directions on queries. Best part of the job is going home.
Pros
Cons
inflexible, no support, no work/life balance
good weekend rates
Computer Clerk/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Clayton VIC22 November 2015
Good while studying, helps you become detail orientated ,meet different clients, dynamic workplace, very busy, many breaks, very easy, easy to get annual leave, good managers and good staff
Pros
not enough support
Cons
sick people
Very good place to gain experiences
Casual bank nurse (Current Employee) –  varies12 September 2015
Many working opportunities, staff are nice and willing to teach, offered lots of support. Good place to gain experiences
Pros
Job opportunities
Cons
Ratio of patient may be varied
A very quick paced environment
Customer Service Clerk, patient admissions (Current Employee) –  Clayton, Dandenong and Moorabbin22 July 2015
It is a vibrant and busy work place. Having the opportunity to assist people in the community is very satisfying and can be extremely interesting.
I use a security tag to enter into my work space and present to the community through a glass security window.
I open up three different software packages, that allow myself access to all the inpatients across the Monash Health system, including all emergency departments.
I handle inpatient enquires over the phone and at the window. I assist people with directions to different medical departments and wards.
I work as part of a six member team.
The hardest part of the job is coping with constant deaths, and the emotions of their visitors.
The most enjoyable part of my job is feeling the appreciation from those of us that are at our most vulnerable.
Pros
Working with great team members and in a controlled climate.
Cons
emotional roller coaster... births and deaths
Productive work place
assistant (Former Employee) –  VIC1 July 2015
This job was a great eye opener into admin services. I was able to follow instructions and work at a fast pace. It was flexible and great hours i really enjoyed working here.
Generally good employer with limitations due to funding constraints
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Dandenong, VIC3 May 2015
Working dynamic team environment
High patient load sometimes with inadequate administrative and clerical support
Dedicate and competent co-workers
Achieve successful rehabilitation results for patients
Pros
Workplace support from co-workers
Cons
High patient load with limitations of physical resources
Excellent place to work
Community Development officer (Former Employee) –  Springvale17 February 2015
I found Monash Health offered so much opportunity for an employee to learn and grow from their time there.
I had the opportunity to work on leadership skills, case management opportunity, running programs etc.
We had a really great team leader who was always very supportive and caring.
Opportunity to diversify and grow
Ward Clerk (Current Employee) –  Clayton, Dandenong, VIC21 January 2015
I enjoy working although on a 'casual basis' at various sites of Monash Health. The best experience I have had is working at the Nursing and Midwifery department. I undertake general admin. work which include answering of phones, daily management of Basic Life Support (BLS) sessions, arranging of interviews and data entry for the Graduate Nurse Programs, diary management and interacting with the Nursing Educators on daily basis and have gained a deep insight of all aspects of Nursing and Education.

The staff and management at all the sites were very helpful, caring and there has always been a spirit of comaraderie among staff and management which is to be commended.

i thoroughly enjoy working at the various sites and its a pleasure to be a part of such a wonderful team. Personally, I found my job good and probably the hardest part of the job is mastering the IPM (Inpatient management) system due to lack of time but with additional training, I will perfect the job. The most enjoyable part of my job is having the opportunity to interact with staff and management at all levels.
Pros
Gaining valuable experience, flexibility with working hours
Cons
Casual job (wish it were permanent)
Very productive and comfortable place to work at
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clayton7 December 2014
Start with my Directors diary and appointments for the day. Check other events for the day and work around same
How to deal with a large amount of Stakeholders attached to one project. How to deal with multiple superiors.
Management quite flexible and family orientated.
Fantastic team, cooperative and minds their own business
Not been able to use much of your own skills
The environment and caring attitude of people you worked with
Pros
The organisation it self
Cons
Often moving desks
Always interesting and busy, great team
Unit Manager of The Avenue (Current Employee) –  Doveton, VIC25 April 2014
Always busy and challenging. Learn something new everyday. with a great team in a very busy and challenging environment. Problem solving is a big part of the job as it is a specialized area. Providing client centred care to residents with challenging behaviours is always satisfying.
Pros
working with great people