MSS Security Employee Reviews

food at events
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 September 2017
People here are different a lot of workers complain staff unorganized with shifts, you told to go in early when you're there you get told to start later
Pros
free food
Cons
money is good but management is poor.
Aviation Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC22 September 2017
favors people who are favorite of the managers. There is no consideration for hard work. Regardless how much effort you put in you are just another employee who can be replaced
Very bad company stay away people!!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Sydney Harbour NSW14 September 2017
I worked on the sydney harbour bridge for about 5 months and it was the worst ever experience i have ever faced in my life .

4 on 4 off 2 days - 2 nights sleeping pattern always stuffed up always tired . Forced to stand in your position in the rain all night with the controller watching your every move , rain hail or shine was always forced to stand with no shelter at all for 12 long hours !

Low pay aswell and no management !

I dont know how i lasted 5 months , im so happy to be away from it .

Be warned people stay away !
Pros
Going home
Cons
Arriving to worl knowing that you have to come back tomorrow .
Security standards
Security/Gallery Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 August 2017
no advancement opportunities
stick to minimum wage

think twice before you apply

overall stay short term
otherwise u will not progress at all
Different
Customer Service and conflict resolution (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT28 August 2017
On a typical day welcome staff in the morning and then say goodbye in the afternoon, each day is slightly different to the last with new incidents arising daily that need handling. you seem to always pick up a thing or 2 to help you along.
Management are there to support you as long as you abide by their rules.
The hardest part of the Job is being asked to do things that are not part of your role.
The most enjoyable part of the Job is the positive interaction with most staff members at your site.
Fun work place
Security controller and Concierge (Former Employee) –  Sydney9 August 2017
I strongly believe that customer service is a crucial aspect of any retail business. Therefore, as a applicant I would strive in delivering excellent customer service to everyone. Furthermore, I am a very socialable person who comes across as very bubbly person who likes to interact with customers while undertaking my duties.
short sighted and disorganised HR
Security (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 July 2017
Long
Short sighted
Culture OK
the roster is 2 day 2 nights which is not easy as a sleep pattern is always disrupted
Meeting interesting people
Pros
Cons
Long hours / only a 2 day 2 night roster
productive workplace
Aboriginal Liaison Officer (Current Employee) –  Perth WA16 June 2017
Its an interesting and diverse industry to work in.
Meeting interesting people you come across from all walks of life
Pay could be better
the Position should be overall and restructure to fit the workplace
Pros
Good lunch break
Cons
not enough pay
A good place to work
Aviation Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Dubbo NSW22 May 2017
face to face customer service.
Screening of passengers and luggage.
Fully trained in all aspects of job needs.
To ensure passengers are safe and their luggage poses no risks during flights.
Extremely poor management who bully staff.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bond University QLD19 March 2017
Ex shopping centre guards or disgraced former police officers employed in managerial positions - low hourly rate - only training is via tool boxes, no face 2 face training. They send training modules to ur personal email address, 2 complete at home in ur own time. Discriminate against staff that they inheritate from companies that lose thier contract to MSS. Employ staff that are incompetent and expect existing staff to train them. When they are trained existing staff are bullied or set up, until they leave.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Management are ex shopping centre guards & have no real security experience.
Terrible company, do not work for!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 February 2017
Absolutely a terrible company to work for, honestly do not recommend. A typical day you can expect negative criticism from management even though you follow the standard operating procedures. Ridiculded, harrassed and bullied are a few things you are mostly going to expect from day to day working for them.

Payments are very often messed up (underpaid of course) and it's quite complicated to work out how they pay when viewing the payslips.

Training is so inadequet as you are thrown in the deep end and you are unsure of what to do when it hits the fan.

YOU have been warned and read other reviews and I bet you can see the same demoninator.
Pros
Finish time so you can go home.
Cons
Terrible management, ground hog day repeat the same day over and over again.
Nice people good job
Security Custodial (Current Employee) –  Darwin NT6 February 2017
got new experience
learned some laws
learned some of my rights at work place
had some support from company members
enjoyed the work
made some new friends
It is a job pay's the bills.
Security Officer Duties (Current Employee) –  Perth WA23 January 2017
Day at work can be boring or have to deal with anti social people.

What I have learnt is nothing just there for the money until I find a better job.

Management don't care.

Culture of work place different people from different places.

Hardest part is going to work.

Most enjoyable of work is going home.
Pros
Money
Cons
dealing with people.
Disgusting management
Defence Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD14 January 2017
If you want to work in a work place that does not care about your well being and only care about their brown noses then go ahead.

- Minimum wage
- Bullies
- Management who don't care

Trust me you can find better work anywhere else this is a terrible company
don't take personal phone calls during work hours
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT13 November 2016
no work life balance, work 8 out of 9 days and 1 weekend off every 5 weeks. ASA was totally unreasonable in the building I worked in. Totally hated it
Pros
Cons
no work life balance
No comments to say in here
Safety Officer in Royal Darwin Hospital (Former Employee) –  Royal Darwin Hospital - Darwin9 November 2016
A leading Security Service Provider in Northern Territory. I used to work with them more than 3 years. I have been assigned to work with number of theirs clients such as NIDC, Emigration Dept., DAATS (Alcohol Assessment Unit) & Emergency Dept. in Royal Darwin Hospital.
Great and supportive company
Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 November 2016
MSS Security is a great company to work for. Very supportive management. Decent pay rates. Good worksites. Flexible leave arrangements. Work life balance.
Pros
Job advancement for talented individuals
Cons
Shift work
Stay away from MSS if you would like to be treated fairly and with respect
Aviation Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  QLD27 October 2016
One of the worst companies I've ever worked for.
Management simply does not care about staff and treats them like replaceable numbers and dumb sheep.
No proper training, never any advancement opportunities given and very unfair in their judgement.
Some staff were great, but all suffered the sluggish and very ignorant management style.
It's alright for those who have no career in mind and have no ambition but are happy to serve with a smile even if being treated like a child. Okay for elderly people and retirees also.
Nothing for people who are well educated, smart, ambitious and like to be treated with honesty and respect- don't even bother applying.
The amount of lies I and many of my colleagues have experienced in that company is just disheartening. You are promised a lot but once you're in, things change. Constant staff turnover and management changes don't make it any easier.
Bullying is a daily problem in some areas and even though some staff try to help, management simply does not care, it's all about profitability, nothing else.
I was told by my supervisor that "they" (managers) absolutely don't care about me or my colleagues or any of our problems (work related) as we are just numbers that can easily be replaced at any time.
As a normal staff member you are not allowed to speak to management but address the supervisor. Should you or your colleague ever be bullied by your supervisor, don't even bother trying to get the manager's
  more... attention- they will not give a stuff about you as you and side with the supervisor as you are much easier to replace being "just a number".
For fairness sake I will say that it may be different in different states, but in QLD MSS is simply NOT a good company to work for until they start caring about their employees better and develop a genuine mutual respect for their staff.
Pros
boring but easy jobs
Cons
everything else
twilight of a long summer
Mss Security-F1 Melbourne Grand Prix (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 September 2016
In the beginning there were reasons most were only given a chance at such a dangerous sport. But Melbourne has its way of providing this great challenge to over 100,000 people allowing a culture that has long held the cup.. The night-life only compares if one is capable. That we are.
Friendly and supportive
Patrol Officer / Senior Control room operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 July 2016
Started shift patrolling the metropolitan area of Sydney and found that very rewarding and sometimes challenging due to the various suburbs patrolled

When I was promoted to the Control room, computer skills were learnt , monitoring alarms and alerting the relevant patrol officers to respond to the premises and re set alarms

Management were very supportive in my role as both patrol man and senior radio operator

Co workers were friendly and professional in all aspects of the job and we all worked as a team both in and out of the job

Hardest part of the job, particularly in the Control room were the electrical storms as they caused numerous false alarms which had to be acknowledged and then responded too

Most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie within the team and working for such a professional company
Pros
Made a lot of good friends
Cons
Un roadworthy patrol cars

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MSS Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9