Myer Employee Reviews

Negative experience
Casual Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bondi Junction NSW2 July 2017
Paid training was provided, the staff were really nice and the managers were quite professional however I did feel like the store was to sophisticated and they were not friendly towards employees who were suffering from severe financial hardship. I would not recommend anyone to work here if you are poor, live alone or at risk of being homeless as you will not last long.
Pros
Paid Training
Cons
No roster on website, poor organisation.
Great place to work and people
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW1 July 2017
You arrive at work and meet up with the people your to work with that day. Have a pre-start meeting with management and you find out what is on the day's agenda day.

We prepare our area, by tidying up and unpacking additional stock. The best part of the day is meeting customers and assisting them in their needs. Interaction with other staff is always enjoyable.

The hardest part when there is a lot of stock to organise and to hang up. Sometimes very labour intensive.
Pros
Good atmosphere and great people in my workplace
Cons
none really
Nice working conditions
Educator (Former Employee) –  Pacific Fair Shopping Centre QLD30 June 2017
I found Myer was quite good at the start but new management came in and changed things. Sometimes staffing levels were not adequate so we used to get a lot of abuse from the customers. I can see when I visit the store now that the service is even worse due to poor staffing.
Pros
abuse from customers, lots of stealing and not being able to do anything about this.
Cons
great staff discounts especially on sale items
Has been a good workplace with nice people
SERVICE SUPPORT CLERK (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW30 May 2017
Having worked with Myer as long as I have I have seen a number of changes in how tasks are completed. Typically a day in my role is varied and sometimes challenging. I have always got on well with my managers and they have always been supportive. Sometimes it can be hard to find a manager to get approval for things but otherwise they are accessible and approachable. I have always worked with a pleasant group of colleagues.Overall I have no major complaints about my time with Myer.
Cons
Hours do not suit work/life balance
Fast, fun company
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  brisbane24 May 2017
Everyday is different. I learnt alot here with the training provided not only in my department but the departments around me.There is a lot of support and always room to grow. The team is great and supportive of one another with a can do attitude. Its almost like having a second family. The company always strives to recognise those that are achieving and working hard.
fun working place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 May 2017
very good working environment and got opportunity to learn many things!! there are lots of good encouraging managers as well. U get opportunity to work in not just one department but other department too and everyone is willing to u help you whenever u ask for help !!
all over good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster VIC19 May 2017
I only did work placement Myer is big departmental store i enjoyed my placement.staff was good and friendly. if i need to work as sale assistant i would choose to work in myer. its big company has job security.
Pros
Cons
not really
Team based and very social place to work
Customer Service and Selling Manager (Former Employee) –  Caiorns18 May 2017
Checking all departments, to get ready for the day, discuss with staff any issues, check all departments to ensure roistered staff had arrived at work.
I learned to have great time management , as I had a lot of departments to cover.
As I was middle-management, I had a great support team from upper management.
The workplace was a very dynamic, place to work, with each day different.
The hardest part was not being able to give my staff all the house they wanted.
I enjoyed great job satisfaction, by meeting my budgets, in all departments.
Pros
Rewarding working for a well organised department store.
Cons
There were long hours especially around Xmas but that was to be expected.
Productive fast-paced workplace.
Service Support (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 May 2017
If you're passionate about customer service this job is for you. There's never a dull moment and there are some great perks if you're passionate enough.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pacific Fair Shopping Centre QLD8 May 2017
Great team, plenty of hours if you work hard and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

No complaints, I had a good manager and worked in a fabulous team.
Pros
people
Cons
understaffed
Christmas Casual at Myer
Processing Sales (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD 40007 May 2017
My dream job, I had long hoped to get a job in fashion retail and when I finally did it lived up to every expectation. Sophisticated work environment, friendly workmates and a charming ambience.
Pros
Heavily discounted clothing for staff.
Cons
My contract wasn't renewed
Great environment to work in
Retail Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Chadstone VIC1 May 2017
- Casual employee
- Great co-workers
- Love my job, fun, exciting
- hardest part of the job is not getting enough hours.
- Understaffed at times
- Everyone is just friendly and understanding
- Managers are helpful and easy to talk to
Pros
Great place to work at, pay is decent, friendly colleagues, flexible hours
Cons
Not getting enough hours, understaffed
Fun environment to work. Great staff members and managers.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD25 April 2017
Love working at Myer CBD. Just looking for full time work and unfortunately Myer does not hire full time staff anymore. Looking for new work in full time position that I would love to work at.
I enjoyed my time in Myer
Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD17 April 2017
I loved my Job with Myer. What more to say i got tired and life took me in another direction. Its a great company to work for, you can grow and learn and that is exciting.Its a big company with opportunities to work all over Australia.
Pros
creative
Cons
Hard physical work.
busy and friendly work environment
Casual Team Member (Former Employee) –  Perth WA9 April 2017
customer service in a relaxed environment
frequent training
ongoing stockwork: tidying,replacement
long hours on your feet
great job if you like people
Pros
staff discount card
Cons
inconsistent hours
I enjoyed everyday that I worked for Myer
Recruitment Officer (Former Employee) –  Docklands VIC5 April 2017
Myer is committed to the community, and to the people that work for them. I worked at their head office in Melbournes Docklands for 8 years and found it to be an inclusive and social workplace, where good work was acknowledged and often rewarded.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. Not just my immediate team, but the larger HR group. Hard working, committed to quality, and supportive. Looking back, I consider myself lucky to have been a part of it.
Pros
Work/life balance, supportive environment, casual office attire, staff discount and the sample sales
Cons
The uncertainty around retail means that Myer is often in cost-cutting mode.
great learning exp.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Myer4 April 2017
long hours (longer than normal retail)
very busy environment
great for up-skilling (not long term)
the company is going through a "transformation"
a lot of uncertainty (that's expected)
Pros
can be fun, depending on the team (i did enjoy the ppl)
Cons
long hours (some un-necessary) high management turnover (not ideal for career progression)
good to its employers
SALES (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA4 April 2017
Myer as a employer are good to work with the staff are happy and the costumer as a hole showed respect to the sales person. I w me to mone on as with them for 24 years. But the time had came fot
Pros
family setting
Cons
low pay
Productive and Educational
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, Queensland, Australia29 March 2017
I had the opportunity to change departments which gave me experience and training in day to day tasks. This developed my skills to be active in decision making, customer service, money handling and creativity among many others. Fellow team members were welcoming and treated you with respect. It made me feel like a member of the "Myer family". The management was amazing they always looked out for you.
Pros
Supportive staff, Discount Card, Worked in various departments
Cons
Difficult customers
Average company to work for
Administrative Assistant team leader (Former Employee) –  Miranda NSW22 March 2017
Myer as a retailer is still way behind on technology compared to the rest of the world. Team morale has never escalated to above average, people who work there are generally unhappy. They need to invest more time in training their staff.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Weekend work and 12 hours shifts on thursdays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Myer. Our community is ready to answer.