Myer Employee Reviews

Professional yet friendly work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane City QLD18 September 2017
All workers were very professional and friendly to work with. Everyone was very supportive and willing to assist one another. I enjoyed working there.
it was great.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 September 2017
got to gain alot of experience, while learning and developing my skills in customer service with my first time working in retail and grateful that i was hired by myer. The staff were also really good and taught me everything i know about retail.
Pros
great environment to work in
Cons
sometimes customers are difficult, but thats apart of the job
Unrealistic
Concession (Former Employee) –  Karrinyup WA23 August 2017
Unrealistic expectations
The door "isn't" always open
The only workplace where you truly feel 'just a number'
Where you get more support from your team mates than Myer Management
Cut throat environment
Great working environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chadstone VIC8 August 2017
Great place to work, excellent staff discounts and knowledge of sales, able to get shifts in other departments. If working casual, they often extend you on for longer.
Great working atmosphere with great, supportive people.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster VIC26 July 2017
I have over five years’ experience in customer service through working at Myer Doncaster, where I have worked across many departments, inclusive of my main role in Ladies footwear, Christmas work at the Chanel counter and shifts in womenswear, menswear and intimate apparel.

Through working at Myer, I have developed many skills in the customer service industry, including visual merchandising, stock-taking, stock ordering and online distribution.

I have thoroughly enjoyed working at Myer over the past 5 years, in which I have made many new friends and advanced many of my skills.
Pros
Free lunches
Productive and fun place to work
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 July 2017
Working at myer as a work experience student was fun and productive. Ilearnt how to attend to customers needs and how to interact with customers. As well as restocking stock
Negative experience
Casual Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bondi Junction NSW2 July 2017
Paid training was provided, the staff were really nice and the managers were quite professional however I did feel like the store was to sophisticated and they were not friendly towards employees who were suffering from severe financial hardship. I would not recommend anyone to work here if you are poor, live alone or at risk of being homeless as you will not last long.
Pros
Paid Training
Cons
No roster on website, poor organisation.
Great place to work and people
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW1 July 2017
You arrive at work and meet up with the people your to work with that day. Have a pre-start meeting with management and you find out what is on the day's agenda day.

We prepare our area, by tidying up and unpacking additional stock. The best part of the day is meeting customers and assisting them in their needs. Interaction with other staff is always enjoyable.

The hardest part when there is a lot of stock to organise and to hang up. Sometimes very labour intensive.
Pros
Good atmosphere and great people in my workplace
Cons
none really
Nice working conditions
Educator (Former Employee) –  Pacific Fair Shopping Centre QLD30 June 2017
I found Myer was quite good at the start but new management came in and changed things. Sometimes staffing levels were not adequate so we used to get a lot of abuse from the customers. I can see when I visit the store now that the service is even worse due to poor staffing.
Pros
abuse from customers, lots of stealing and not being able to do anything about this.
Cons
great staff discounts especially on sale items
Has been a good workplace with nice people
SERVICE SUPPORT CLERK (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW30 May 2017
Having worked with Myer as long as I have I have seen a number of changes in how tasks are completed. Typically a day in my role is varied and sometimes challenging. I have always got on well with my managers and they have always been supportive. Sometimes it can be hard to find a manager to get approval for things but otherwise they are accessible and approachable. I have always worked with a pleasant group of colleagues.Overall I have no major complaints about my time with Myer.
Cons
Hours do not suit work/life balance
Fast, fun company
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  brisbane24 May 2017
Everyday is different. I learnt alot here with the training provided not only in my department but the departments around me.There is a lot of support and always room to grow. The team is great and supportive of one another with a can do attitude. Its almost like having a second family. The company always strives to recognise those that are achieving and working hard.
fun working place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 May 2017
very good working environment and got opportunity to learn many things!! there are lots of good encouraging managers as well. U get opportunity to work in not just one department but other department too and everyone is willing to u help you whenever u ask for help !!
all over good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster VIC19 May 2017
I only did work placement Myer is big departmental store i enjoyed my placement.staff was good and friendly. if i need to work as sale assistant i would choose to work in myer. its big company has job security.
Pros
Cons
not really
Team based and very social place to work
Customer Service and Selling Manager (Former Employee) –  Caiorns18 May 2017
Checking all departments, to get ready for the day, discuss with staff any issues, check all departments to ensure roistered staff had arrived at work.
I learned to have great time management , as I had a lot of departments to cover.
As I was middle-management, I had a great support team from upper management.
The workplace was a very dynamic, place to work, with each day different.
The hardest part was not being able to give my staff all the house they wanted.
I enjoyed great job satisfaction, by meeting my budgets, in all departments.
Pros
Rewarding working for a well organised department store.
Cons
There were long hours especially around Xmas but that was to be expected.
Productive fast-paced workplace.
Service Support (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 May 2017
If you're passionate about customer service this job is for you. There's never a dull moment and there are some great perks if you're passionate enough.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pacific Fair Shopping Centre QLD8 May 2017
Great team, plenty of hours if you work hard and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

No complaints, I had a good manager and worked in a fabulous team.
Pros
people
Cons
understaffed
Christmas Casual at Myer
Processing Sales (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD 40007 May 2017
My dream job, I had long hoped to get a job in fashion retail and when I finally did it lived up to every expectation. Sophisticated work environment, friendly workmates and a charming ambience.
Pros
Heavily discounted clothing for staff.
Cons
My contract wasn't renewed
Great environment to work in
Retail Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Chadstone VIC1 May 2017
- Casual employee
- Great co-workers
- Love my job, fun, exciting
- hardest part of the job is not getting enough hours.
- Understaffed at times
- Everyone is just friendly and understanding
- Managers are helpful and easy to talk to
Pros
Great place to work at, pay is decent, friendly colleagues, flexible hours
Cons
Not getting enough hours, understaffed
Fun environment to work. Great staff members and managers.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD25 April 2017
Love working at Myer CBD. Just looking for full time work and unfortunately Myer does not hire full time staff anymore. Looking for new work in full time position that I would love to work at.
I enjoyed my time in Myer
Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD17 April 2017
I loved my Job with Myer. What more to say i got tired and life took me in another direction. Its a great company to work for, you can grow and learn and that is exciting.Its a big company with opportunities to work all over Australia.
Pros
creative
Cons
Hard physical work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Myer. Our community is ready to answer.