Myer Employee Reviews

if you are young and naive don't bother
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 January 2018
Pros: Great hours and a handful of co workers were genuinely nice.

Cons: Possibly the most gossipy workplace I've ever encountered; expect a lot of talking behind backs. Especially when I worked there (and was only 16), older workers could easily take advantage of you.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
negative atmosphere
Friendly and welcoming.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maroochydore QLD4 January 2018
It is a great place to start in the retail industry with many opportunities to try your hand in different departments. However, they did throw me in the deep end on my first day. They didn't specify the zones, or tell me where to go or who to talk to on that first day. It was very 'on-the-job' learning.
Pros
Help is always available
Cons
No breaks and undefinite hours
productive
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Ringwood East VIC21 December 2017
my favourite area was warehousing there was always something to do.also was my first experience on the docks and warehousing. I also worked on the floors mostly women's apparel. the staff are good at leading by example
Pros
flexible and driven work ethic
Cons
at the time there was alot of contruction in the plaza so it was extra dusty
Learning Environment
casual sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Highpoint Shopping Centre VIC21 December 2017
Within my experience at Myer, it has been tough. Long hours and less than min wadge, for a big company. No one listens and everything is out of date. People skills are not in use and everyone is selfish when it comes to sales leaving things undone and being mean to each other.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
the managers
horrible place
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 November 2017
the place was too large and it often felt like there was no one to go too about situations. there is no communication and the pay is not worth any of it
Pros
knowledge
Cons
poor pay
Professional and fun environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 November 2017
This job really allows you to develop your customer service and communication skills. Some of the staff were quite driven and motivated which had its pros and cons- they would motivate you but were also very sales focussed which meant they were quite self-interested at times.
Difficult work.
Visual Merchandise Officer/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 November 2017
Too many Key Performance Indicators, and sales targets that are quite difficult to achieve. However I had a great supportive team in both the Menswear and Visual Merchandising departments.
Pros
Staff discount.
Cons
Long hours and no air conditioning after trading hours.
friendly and pleasant working environment
Team member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 November 2017
it is very friendly as soon as I started I learnt everything I needed to know and was ready to approach customers, process sales and even help prevent thefts and other issues. they have reliable and professional managers who cater to needs of all employees
Pros
discounted items
Cons
shifts are limited
Always something differnt to do each day.
Restaurateur- Second in Charge (Former Employee) –  Launceston TAS19 November 2017
Loved working at Myer. Friendly staff and management. Working in the restaurant took on a lot of different tasks. Most enjoyable part of my job was helping out my team members and customers. I took a lot of pride in working for Myer.
Pros
Free lunches at times. Everyone was friendly
Cons
No cons really. Loved this job.
Productive workplace
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSW14 October 2017
By working at Myer, i was able to meet new people and was able to develop a lot of useful skills. This includes customer service, interpersonal, communication and decision making skills which have enhanced me as a person.
Pros
Nice poeple
Cons
Professional yet friendly work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane City QLD18 September 2017
All workers were very professional and friendly to work with. Everyone was very supportive and willing to assist one another. I enjoyed working there.
it was great.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 September 2017
got to gain alot of experience, while learning and developing my skills in customer service with my first time working in retail and grateful that i was hired by myer. The staff were also really good and taught me everything i know about retail.
Pros
great environment to work in
Cons
sometimes customers are difficult, but thats apart of the job
Unrealistic
Concession (Former Employee) –  Karrinyup WA23 August 2017
Unrealistic expectations
The door "isn't" always open
The only workplace where you truly feel 'just a number'
Where you get more support from your team mates than Myer Management
Cut throat environment
Great working environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chadstone VIC8 August 2017
Great place to work, excellent staff discounts and knowledge of sales, able to get shifts in other departments. If working casual, they often extend you on for longer.
Great working atmosphere with great, supportive people.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster VIC26 July 2017
I have over five years’ experience in customer service through working at Myer Doncaster, where I have worked across many departments, inclusive of my main role in Ladies footwear, Christmas work at the Chanel counter and shifts in womenswear, menswear and intimate apparel.

Through working at Myer, I have developed many skills in the customer service industry, including visual merchandising, stock-taking, stock ordering and online distribution.

I have thoroughly enjoyed working at Myer over the past 5 years, in which I have made many new friends and advanced many of my skills.
Pros
Free lunches
Productive and fun place to work
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 July 2017
Working at myer as a work experience student was fun and productive. Ilearnt how to attend to customers needs and how to interact with customers. As well as restocking stock
Negative experience
Casual Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bondi Junction NSW2 July 2017
Paid training was provided, the staff were really nice and the managers were quite professional however I did feel like the store was to sophisticated and they were not friendly towards employees who were suffering from severe financial hardship. I would not recommend anyone to work here if you are poor, live alone or at risk of being homeless as you will not last long.
Pros
Paid Training
Cons
No roster on website, poor organisation.
Great place to work and people
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW1 July 2017
You arrive at work and meet up with the people your to work with that day. Have a pre-start meeting with management and you find out what is on the day's agenda day.

We prepare our area, by tidying up and unpacking additional stock. The best part of the day is meeting customers and assisting them in their needs. Interaction with other staff is always enjoyable.

The hardest part when there is a lot of stock to organise and to hang up. Sometimes very labour intensive.
Pros
Good atmosphere and great people in my workplace
Cons
none really
Nice working conditions
Educator (Former Employee) –  Pacific Fair Shopping Centre QLD30 June 2017
I found Myer was quite good at the start but new management came in and changed things. Sometimes staffing levels were not adequate so we used to get a lot of abuse from the customers. I can see when I visit the store now that the service is even worse due to poor staffing.
Pros
abuse from customers, lots of stealing and not being able to do anything about this.
Cons
great staff discounts especially on sale items
Has been a good workplace with nice people
SERVICE SUPPORT CLERK (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW30 May 2017
Having worked with Myer as long as I have I have seen a number of changes in how tasks are completed. Typically a day in my role is varied and sometimes challenging. I have always got on well with my managers and they have always been supportive. Sometimes it can be hard to find a manager to get approval for things but otherwise they are accessible and approachable. I have always worked with a pleasant group of colleagues.Overall I have no major complaints about my time with Myer.
Cons
Hours do not suit work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Myer. Our community is ready to answer.