NAB - National Australia Bank Employee Reviews

Customer Adviser (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 February 2018
I love working at NAB. Great culture and friendly environment. NAB has provided me with work-life balance during my 5 years to allow me to complete my studies and sporting commitments. NAB also encourage employee development and progression. I would highly recommend NAB as a great place to work.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
short staffed
Good team to work with
Business Banking Associate (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD8 February 2018
Important to have the ability in being calm with intense workload, working well with others, compliance within regulations and meeting customer needs are the important parts of the work. Learning how to use the systems effectively is critical. good pay.
typical work place
Senior Test Analyst -ETL (Current Employee) –  500 bourke st5 February 2018
employee's are serious about work,
management is one way communication, manager who i worked with does not have any empathy when a resource goes on compassionate leave.
Pros
good for permanent
Cons
not well qualified managers
Extremely overwhelming and challenging role
Hays Temp Contract (Former Employee) –  Rhodes NSW21 January 2018
NAB on paper looked amazing. However, once I was there only a short time, the workload was insane, the staff turnover extremely high and the expectations unrealistic. Statistics driven not people focused leadership. Too many ways to do one thing. It turned out to be a very disappointing experience.
Pros
Proximity to home
Cons
Unrealistic Expectations
Bank Teller
Teller - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WA21 January 2018
The role of a Bank Teller varied from day to day. It seemed busiest after a long weekend or just before when customers thought the ATM's were going to run out of money.
I learnt a lot of how banking works when it comes to meeting customers and completing their transactions for them, with the bank special procedures.
All the managers I worked with were very understanding of the need to fully understand the role and training was a bit part even after 4 years in the role.
NAB had regular branch functions with awards for workers who excelled in their role.
Hardest part of the job was being able to juggle the day when short staffed due to illness and no relief staff available.
Most enjoyable was working with my fellow workers who all made each other feel welcome
Pros
Nil
Cons
Nil
Wonderful company
Australia, Business Banker (Former Employee) –  AU16 January 2018
Fabulous company to work for. Realistic career progression with incredibly supportive management. Fabulous workplace culture and overall just a lovely company to work for.
Productive and fun place to work
Retention Specialist, Wealth and Consumer Banking (Current Employee) –  Rhodes NSW6 January 2018
A good company to work with. Helps maintain work life balance and focuses on providing knowledge to employees for them to grow in life. Provides equal opportunities for growth
Big bank with difficult culture
Head of Marketing Operations (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 December 2017
My role had a large amount of responsibility but the ever changing leadership structures made it very difficult to get projects implemented. I was glad for the opportunity but also glad to leave in the end.
Pros
Lots of resources
Cons
Culture of mediocrity
Tv room
Merchant Co-Coordinator running Contracts (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC11 December 2017
Rostered days off.Good work life balance training available at request, good oppurtunities to learn about new positions. Access to puvlic transport, goog hours
Pros
incentives
Work/ life employer of choice
HR Platform Consultant (Former Employee) –  Docklands, Victoria, Australia7 December 2017
NAB is a great employer with great benefits including work / life balance options for employees. I tried different roles and felt I could pursue different career paths without any hindrance, in fact I had three difference career paths whilst there.
Pros
Flexible working conditions, good compensation, banking benefits
Cons
Cross functional thinking is still being developed
Great company and great prospects.
Credit Card Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rhodes NSW6 December 2017
I worked here for a few years and gained lots of vital experience I've taken into further roles. If you have the determination, you can easily advance into higher roles.
Pros
Careers progression.
Banking center in Australia
Head of Telephony (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia22 November 2017
At the time, the NAB was just starting to focus on the customer experience. Things have progressed significantly since my contract with them. The customer experience outside of the banking centers was just starting to come into focus.
Pros
Global company
Cons
Matrix management structure
Sales orintainted Organisation
Customer Advisor / Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mornington Peninsula VIC21 November 2017
Its all about sales, meetings about sales meetings and debriefing on sales.
I feel the bank has lost some goodwill in nature and focuses only on achieving set sales targets, at the clients experience. My review is only the culture in the Branches and head office postions may be different. The colleagues are lovely however are put under undue duress in relation to meeting sales targets.
Hardest part of the job is achieving sales targets in an integral and honest nature. There is a culture of working unpaid over time.
The most enjoyable part is meeting clients when they come into the branches and being able to assist the in achieving their financial goals. I have made life long friends from the colleagues I have worked with.
Pros
Uniform is supplied
Cons
Long Hours
Needs a lot improvement in all areas
AML/CTF Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC19 November 2017
Slow systems, frequent crash downs, huge technical upgrades required. Company require to look at the management structuring and improve workplace culture. Recruit talent from outside rather than creating eye wash.
Pros
Training, time flexibility
Cons
Long hours, poor systems, weekend work, poor management, no clear path defined to follow both operationally and technologically, work place culture, recruit right talent, increase risk appetite as a bank, still far behind major banks both locally and internationally, invest on technology and people. make right choices
Supportive and understanding manangement
Account Manager - Corporate Superannuation (Current Employee) –  Sydney, Australia16 November 2017
The company has been very good to me ever since I started. The managers were very helpful and understanding, and had a lot of foresight in seeing how their staff could grow, and they are very supportive in that sense.
Lack of options
Banker (Current Employee) –  Knox City Centre VIC13 November 2017
I learned to care for the customers that had done NAB right. but when it came down to someone struggling there was not much care from them even when the customer was honest and asking for help which was disappointing to see.
The culture is very much the 'cool kids' and everyone else that didn't matter.You could often hear the 'cool kids' talking negatively about anyone and everyone which was very sad as you would think a bank would be above politics??
Pros
weekends free
Cons
work/life balance, just a number, the myth of career progression
NAB values people
Team Leader Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC8 November 2017
NAB is a great place as there is career progression and team culture and engagement is a key priority. The direct contact centre is a fast paced but exciting area to be involved in.
Bank hours, low pay but decent benefits, focus on sales.
Customer service Adviser/ Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Mount Isa QLD25 October 2017
Low hours due to bank work, will have to put in regular unpaid overtime, ie start early and finish late by about 30-45 total until you really learn the role. Upper management only cares about figures, lower management varies from person to person, and can very well be terrible, and as long as they talk the talk managment doesn't care.
but with a good team it can be very enjoyable with reasonable opportunity for advancement within 4-5 years.
Pros
good work life balance due to late start and early finish
Cons
low salary and very dependant on good team and management to succeed
very productive supportive and Work life culture
Pre Assessment Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC22 October 2017
Its a great experience every day. NAB has a great working policies which supports a lot to work life balance concept.
Nab has a great working culture and off course it has great goodwill in Australian market.
Pros
very supportive team and good working culture
Cons
mine is temp Job
Great team but poor management
Business Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Perth WA6 October 2017
More like a factory worker and they micro manage you. You are expected to submit file a day, and point is given to a file depending on the complexity. Great team, however almost impossible target to achieve which make it stressful.
Pros
Great individual
Cons
Almost Impossible target to achieve

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAB - National Australia Bank. Our community is ready to answer.