NAB - National Australia Bank Employee Reviews

homeside lending...
Inbound CSA, mortgage Service Centre (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 September 2017
Home side lending was a division of the NAB, who had only just purchased the model from the American loan market -which differed enormously from the Australian lending market at the time- so the product struggled to 'fit'. The system was based in Texas which made it clunky and extremely slow- it was difficult & outmoded (so much so that new parts for the server were almost impossible to source), and I remember many long lasting computer system outages. I did get a lot of reading done at my desk waiting for the system to come back online. Subsequently, I didn't stay in this position for long...
Quite good to work for.
Enterprise Services Technology Banker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 September 2017
Generally quite a good company to work for, they seem to care about their employers and do not drive you too hard to meet targets, minimising stress levels.
Great work enviroment. Positive and Fun.
Mortgage Retention Specialist (Outbound) (Former Employee) –  Docklands VIC29 August 2017
It was an amazing experience. The people were great and the enviroment was amazing.
There were many opportunities to move around with in the company.
We all got along very well great teamwork
Customer Service 24 years (Former Employee) –  Sunbury27 August 2017
Close to home part time 4 days a week every Monday off hence the 24 years service loved the local people's always friendlyI would work on my day off to help out short staff
Pros
Cons
Bit pushy on sales targets with only local customers
A diverse job culture with high expectations
Banker (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA26 August 2017
Over a period of 21 years I experienced many changes with the company. I feel that through the changes, staff lost their status in lieu of shareholders satisfaction. I would have liked to see the bank value their staff more and take into consideration the different needs of them all.

When I ended my career I was working an average of 50 hours per week which was not unusual but we were made to feel that it was our job and not to claim payment for extra work.

I left because of long and underpaid hours and high stress levels
Pros
Some workplaces were fun
Cons
Log Hours, High Stress from unreasonable expectations
Great workplace
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia22 August 2017
Excellent culture in the company
Great career opportunities worldwide, very supportive environment and flexible workplace. Highly recommend as a place to work
Enjoyed the Customer Journeys Work
Change Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 August 2017
Good leadership
care about customers, people & stakeholders
Enjoyed working on Agile/LEAN methodologies
Telling the why for the change is very critical for change to succeed.
National Bank if very Target and result driven
Residential Valuer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 August 2017
A typical day would start with a 10 minute meeting of all staff with the days expectations, designed to motivate the staff to do their best and achieve targets.
If you are wanting to advance within the company you are expected to be self motivated a to drive your own career by working outside the square and to go above and beyond.
Pros
Flexible working arrangements
Cons
Long hours to achieve expectations
Fun place to work
Senior Analyst Programmer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC2 August 2017
Great multicultural Environment
Great amenities for a comfortable work space
Great work life balance
The team ensures that your work is appreciated...
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Less opportunities to learn new things
Poor management
Credit Assessment Officer (Current Employee) –  Docklands1 August 2017
Project Team leader has no leadership skills at all, Worst management ever!!!
No work/life balance, Not following NAB values, Unprofessional, No support for career progression
Inbound Mortgage & Personal Lending Specialist (Current Employee) –  Docklands VIC23 July 2017
The work culture is very good at Nab as everybody is always willing to help one another & the support by the Team Leaders are second to none as i do believe they have found the right people to be leading at the front. On the progression side of things, it is very hard to move around at Nab, especially on the retail to corporate platform and there is not much support in that regards.
Pros
Table Tennis & work events
Cons
Rotational Rosters
Nab bank
Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 July 2017
NAB is place where people work collaborative to achieve outputs and goals for the customer, both internal and external.

I was working in the Finance department, and it had a nice working rhythm. Month end reviews, budgeting, and lots of mini projects to improve the way we do things. The department generally had supportive management, and a workplace where your opinion, ideas and initiative were encouraged.

The culture is friendly, but you do work hard.

The hardest part of the job, was working to tight deadlines for month end and finding causes to problems, which was problematic given how many people were involved in processors. The enjoyable part of the job is when the findings in your report are acted upon, therefore you are really making a difference.
Pros
Good Work life balance, Friendly people
Had good customer service experience
Data Control Associate (Admin) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 July 2017
Was a good place to work but too much work load. Colleagues and managers were very great but not t knee on team leaders.Learnt a lot during I was working there and still using some of my banking Knowledge at some stages in my life.
Pros
Good environmemnt
Cons
Too much pressure
Year ending days
Credit assessor (Current Employee) –  Rhodes NSW10 July 2017
tremendous pressure from Banker and clients and required to meet the business target and maintain the own portfolio. Balance the work life and private life
Pros
incentives and Nominations
Cons
Overtime- work from Home
Productive and serious workplace
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia10 July 2017
Very professional place to work, monthly performance reviews, relies heavily on senior management direction to drive change in the office.

Can be a great place to work.
Working as Banking officer
Clerk, Ledger Machinist (Former Employee) –  Coleraine VIC8 July 2017
Started as junior in 1976 working up to senior staff working thourghout Victoria in bank branchs. Worked as part of a team with a very good company to work for.
Pros
Discounted loans
Cons
Low Salary & moving throuhout Victoria
A great bank, they should treat staff better
Customer Adviser, Teller (Former Employee) –  Young NSW6 July 2017
I worked hard, I was a great worker. I was treated badly by the 2 other tellers and especially the Branch Manager. The working conditions therefore were not great.
Pros
the customers were good
Cons
3 co-workers were terrible to me; one of those were the Branch Manager
Productive environment
Outbound Banker - Home Loan Retention - Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 July 2017
Fun working environment, with plenty of challenging tasks to be taken each and everyday. Plenty of training involved to get you on track to a successful career.
Pros
casual fridays
Innovative
Procedures Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 June 2017
The job was interesting with the demand of modern knowledge, international currency reconciliation was sometimes frustrating because some Asian countries did not respond quickly so the job was getting harder and harder day by day.

There was an opportunity to learn many procedural matters and it was highly recognized work
Pros
Opportunity to learn new things and adapting them in to different environment
Cons
Working alone
Great Culture and Team
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chatswood NSW20 June 2017
Good culture, team members genuinely care about each other and is flexible in work.

The work itself is not too challenging and sometimes the working hours are long with no paid overtime or any incentives to motivate staff.
Pros
Na
Cons
Long hours if you're a motivated team member

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAB - National Australia Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

NAB - National Australia Bank Reviews by Location