NAB - National Australia Bank Pay & Benefits reviews

Working as Banking officer
Clerk, Ledger Machinist (Former Employee) –  Coleraine VIC8 July 2017
Started as junior in 1976 working up to senior staff working thourghout Victoria in bank branchs. Worked as part of a team with a very good company to work for.
Pros
Discounted loans
Cons
Low Salary & moving throuhout Victoria
Great Culture and Team
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chatswood NSW20 June 2017
Good culture, team members genuinely care about each other and is flexible in work.

The work itself is not too challenging and sometimes the working hours are long with no paid overtime or any incentives to motivate staff.
Pros
Na
Cons
Long hours if you're a motivated team member
It was a wonderful places to work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lower Hunter, NSW15 June 2017
Fast-paced, interesting & wonderful organisation. The staff, salary, room for growth & support was brilliant. I left, as I was doing long hours with travel, being on relief staff. I wanted a more permanent branch.
Pros
Excellent training opportunities.
Cons
Was on relief staff to long. Wanted a fixed branch/office.
Dreadful place to work
Short term employment, senior analyst programmer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 May 2017
No IT security, terrible working conditions, disobeyed federal privacy laws, no system development methodology in place, inadequate systems documentation, ignored issues raised with warnings of problems identified, blamed the messenger when it went wrong as warned, managers ran for cover.
If you care passionately about developing IT systems in any organised way, do not touch this company.
Pros
Well, it was a job. Briefly.
Cons
See review.
Exciting place to work, always have great team environment
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 May 2017
I am a customer adviser, better yet known as a teller.
Work hours are part-time, 9.15-4.15. Working in the Sydney CBD is always intense due to the large influx of daily customers. My job is dealing directly with customers and handling their day to day banking needs. This varies from general withdrawals, deposits, transfers & account inquiries to disputes, product inquiries and fraud.

The hardest part of the job is satisfying each and every customer, as working in the city, people are short of time and patience. A lot of complaints are generally around branches being under staff, wait time was too long or online systems are unavailable.

In my instance, i have various responsibilities which is well out of my pay grade, which consists of doing assistant branch manager duties, yet unpaid for. This is a pro and a con. A pro because it gives me knowledge of management, and a con due to be expected to do this duty & not receive the title and pay for it. No recognition for effort.

The most enjoyable part is working in a diverse and out going team environment full of many cultures and personalities.
Pros
Benefits - rewards program, discounts
Cons
lack of promotions
nice atmosphere
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Murgon QLD10 May 2017
management and staff are great very helpful in training me to use different computer programs. flexible hours and benefits of travelling to work and different stores
Fun work environment
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gordonvale QLD9 February 2017
while working at the bank i have learned how to successfully manage my time properly. The workplace environment is a fun to be and around. the hardest part of the job would probably have been standing for long periods at time. the thing that i enjoy most about the job would be the friendly customers that come through and are easily to make a conversation with and having a good time with work employees and meet other employees from different branches.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Long Hours and continuous standing for long periods
Banking life
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia26 January 2017
Within the 4 years I had at the bank, I developed and grew in many roles. I started as a customer adviser/teller working only a couple of hours a week while I was studying, to auditing branches and stepping in as assistant branch managers.

I learnt so much in regards to finance working in a bank. I learnt how to work as a team and step up when I needed to.

The hardest part of the job was constantly being short staffed and stressful environment it would create.
Pros
company benefits
Cons
short staffed, stressful
Good Company
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 December 2016
NAB is overall a good company to work for with a good work/life balance and good benefits. NAB encourages hard work and rewards hard work with good benefits and recognition programs.
Great staff and clients.
Private Client Assistant, NAB Private Wealth (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC13 September 2016
Great place to work, made some excellent friends. Work environment happy and fun, but some hard work and long hours in the end of financial year period.
Good work life balance.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Demanding clients
Overall a good organisation to work for
Senior Business Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 July 2016
NAB is a good brand with career opportunities across different segments. Long hours, work life balance depends on the team and area worked.
Different experience depending on the team
Pros
Career Options
good employer
. (Current Employee) –  Docklands VIC5 June 2016
good employer, great employee benefits. promotes work/life balance and invests in development. benefits attractive and friendly people
It all depends on the management
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Forbes NSW30 May 2016
The customers were always great and my first boss was terrific and supportive and life was good but management changes spoilt the team spirit and pitted one against the other to increase sales and decrease customer service.
Pros
the salary
Cons
the management
Productive and fun, some times
Bank officer, fraud investigator (Former Employee) –  Spencer Street VIC11 January 2016
Very nice team to work with. Was very safe for a long term job. Made various good friends for life. Learned how to manage my time to assist customers and learned how to identify a safe machine to use my cards.
Pros
Fare holiday' plan
Cons
Nothing to say
Challenging
Direct Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rhodes, NSW24 November 2015
Very challenging on the daily basis.
Lack of time to do other duties such as: reply to emails.
Good wages.
Good colleagues.
positive and fun working environment
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  North Sydney, NSW8 November 2015
staff and management are great and really support there staff.
worklife balance is an option given to there staff. unfortunately once you reach a certain grade hard to get salary increases on an annual basis
Pros
work life balance
Cons
salary
Business Coach (Former Employee) –  Australia20 October 2015
Poor treatment of contractors especially with extended delays dealing with Indian Call centre to obtain reimbursement for travel expenses.
Pros
Rates competitive
Cons
Too much interstate travel
Department no longer exists
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD2 August 2015
Good and bad at times depending on Management decisions. Bank was going through a downsizing, centralising phase at the time.
Pros
Several good work mates.
Cons
No to very little paid overtime.
Fun place
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD2 August 2015
They were all great to work for.That is why is was with the company for a long time.I loved the customers and I built very good relationships with them.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
longer hours
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  merrylands13 May 2015
I enjoy customer service role .Sometime it would be very hard to manage queue.. Always I used to take as challenge to minimize the queue. In my role I learned to provide excellent customer service skill and also developed my communication skill. I used to enjoy helping customer according their needs and demands. I always love to welcome my customer with smile. In my opinion to become successful in the business ,we have to make customer happy to help us boost up the revenue. In customer service role ,it is very important to listen customer complaints carefully and take initiative as soon as possible.
Pros
nab brand
Cons
salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAB - National Australia Bank. Our community is ready to answer.