Nando's Employee Reviews

Not up to the mark
All Round Operator (Former Employee) –  Kelvin Grove QLD26 December 2017
People over there are friendly but working atmosphere was not good. Boss is not good. Less pay. Nando's is not good to work with. They must improve their negative points but they don't accept that.
Cons
Bad working atmosphere
cooperate work team
Cashier/hospitality (Former Employee) –  ballarat27 November 2017
A very busy and very happy job. To face the different guests every day to provide the best choice for them and spend less money. Provide a more comfortable environment. Colleagues work together to meet the needs of the guests at the fastest speed.
Pros
free food
Cons
busy
many things to do with the lowest wage
Staff (Current Employee) –  Carnegie VIC25 November 2017
Barely secured the federal minimum wage. One person needs to take 70% of the jobs. Unpleasant working environment. The way the owner treats trainee is not good.
Productive workplace
Customer and Food Service Crew (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT10 November 2017
Nando's Australia really give importance to maintaining their reputation with regards to customer and food services. Foods are served with utmost quality and value their employees financial needs and other priorities outside of the job.
Pros
Free meal every shift
Cons
Managers' misunderstandings
Fun place to work
Front of House customer service - Front Counter (Current Employee) –  Fairfield QLD5 November 2017
Lovely place to work. Lovely people. I learn a lot here at Nandos, and i continue to learn more and more every day. A great restaurant based on Portuguese food.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Not many hours
fun place to work
Nandos (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 October 2017
Great environment to work in , easy to meet new people and easy to learn new tasks such as cooking, taking phone orders , delivering food to customers tables.
Pros
Free lunch on breaks
Cons
Abusive Manager although rest of the staff was nice
Cleaner/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 October 2017
I was constantly told I was not good enough rather than constructive criticism. Manager would yell at everyone and once he threw a plate at my hand it the plate shattered. This is my experience, others may have it different.
Pros
Nice coworkers, working hours were not too long yet not too short
Cons
Abusive manager, no discounts, breaktime or washroom time is limited to 10 mins
Just for cash
Sales (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD22 October 2017
I was working as cashier , look after the shop , cleaning everything there, receiving delivery , organising stock , preparing food , taking order and cooking as well.
Nandos
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth SA8 October 2017
Nandos is a good company to work for, for the first couple months. Once you have passed the 3 month period everything just turns to dirt. Youll be made to work in hot weather due to no airconditionar. Pathetic Management.
Pros
$13.70 free allowance for food a shift
Cons
Long hours, no airconditionar, pathetic management
Great place to start your career
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA4 October 2017
Nandos has given me the opportunity to prove myself and show how i work as a manager. I loved working at Nandos but it has came to the time where I need more and want to try something different, Nandos just can't offer me that at this time. I've gained a lot of knowledge and became an amazing manager working here. I would recommend working at Nandos to anyone who is wanting to gain more experience.
Pros
Free meal, Good salary package, I loved the culture within, Excellent communication with higher management.
Cons
Working late sometimes till 11:30pm
Great
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 September 2017
Typical days vary through the week, Mondays are quiet whereas Fridays are extremely busy. I've learnt a lot through my experience through stock control and customer service. Management is really professional though they develop a connection to the workers. The culture is really friendly.
Pros
Pay; hours
Fun workplace with taste food
Malaysia - Waitress (Former Employee) –  MALAYSIA25 September 2017
Best place to hang out for lunch or diner with your friends or family . With the variety of sauce choice and also taste type of chicken with the butter rice .
Pros
Free wifi
Cons
Awesome
Good place to work for
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Robina QLD19 September 2017
Very good place to work for really enjoy it. very lovely staff and manager, really good company to work for many different store around the goldcoast many different optunities
Ok workplace
Customer Service / Cook/ Cleaner/ All round (Former Employee) –  Drummoyne NSW19 September 2017
Workers were very uncommitted to there job and lacked a good work rate. For me you need a manager to set an example to all the employees so they can provide the right amount of work. Job culture was decent but for me we live in Australia and we should all speak the English language as most the workers would not apply to that
Pros
$13 free meal after shift was indroduced 6 months into my working time
Cons
Any amount of hours
Cashier and Waitress
Cashier and Waitress (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC31 August 2017
Working at Nando's' my skills have enhanced professionally and I have become more
confident in dealing with customers. I have developed a skill such as of how to solve
problems faster and efficiently. I've learned how to speak out more and be more
involved with the customers.
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Relaxed easy going place to work
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA28 August 2017
Usually opening, first hour by myself, putting on first load of chicken, preparing salads, filling up chip fryer, turning on front and back grills and front and back chicken warmers and then open store /receive deliveries/instruct staff on levels of priority.
Experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Broadway NSW23 August 2017
Overall Nando's is a warm and friendly restaurant with great workers and great food. i enjoyed working at nandos, but the only issues were the hours of work.
Pros
free lunches after more than 5 to 6 hours of work
Cons
short work hours
quiet job
waitress (Former Employee) –  Tuggerah NSW12 August 2017
nandos is a quiet job most of the time but does also get busy at nandos, nandos is a exiting environment to work in and good hours for working nice manager
Pros
to far
Cons
nice enviroment
Nandos at home
Staff (Former Employee) –  Perth's Southern Districtd2 August 2017
The work environment was lacking suitable structure that would have enabled subsiquent job diversification. Nandos is more of a black-mark than a boon.
Pros
50 % discount on Nandos
Cons
Management believed in a work-family ethos
Great first job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC23 July 2017
This was my first job and it was an excellent environment with great people who were always willing to teach me new skills and help me development myself in customer service
Pros
Great team, good culture
Cons
Rosters

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.