National Hearing Care Employee Reviews

busy
Customer Service and Pure Tone Hearing Testing (Former Employee) –  Batemans Bay NSW5 October 2017
good company to work for, balances work and home life. management could do with some improvement and employees should be visited more in regional clinics as they tend to get forgotten about.
Terribly managed/ company does not care for staff.
Clinical Audiologist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 October 2016
Company needs to look into why everyone is so unhappy. Low morale at company due to area, regional and all managers. They do not care about staff at all. They have a high turnover of staff. They conduct ridiculous surveys and do nothing about it when they identify their staff are unhappy. There is absolutely no communication between departments. It is like a boys club in management. Only people who make above a certain amount of sales are treated well, everyone else is treated terribly.
Cons
Worst company I've ever worked in
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Victoria19 August 2016
You work toward set KPIs which are not uncommon in most work places, but these are not only almost unachievable, but also define your personal stats. These stats change from day to day and strangely enough management contact you on those days your stats are low. Emails from management fill your inbox by lunchtime and and the tasks in your role as a customer service officer increase, yet pay doesn't. Bonuses are available but the targets are so difficult to attain that barely anyone gets to see them. Support from management is low as is staff morale is low and as such staff turnover is high. By far the worst company I've worked for.
Pros
Clients being able to hear again
Cons
Poor pay. No support. Unachievable targets. Low morale.
Nice company to work for
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Berri SA8 June 2016
Typical day is welcoming clients, booking appointments with audiologist, pure tone screening of clients.
I learnt how to do hearing tests.
Management are well invested and always easy to contact for assistance.
My co-worker was very set in her ways and did not like change.
Hardest part of my job was to bend to my co-workers tendency to change the role I was trained for.
the most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with clients.
Pros
worked well for my family/work balance
Cons
difficult at times to work with co-worker
dissappointed
CSO (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA13 April 2016
I am doing a 12 month maternity contract and it has been a good experience work wise and I have learnt a lot along the way but due to bullying from one of my co workers it hasn't been a very pleasant experience ... I am disappointed with the way management has dealt with this situation and have discovered that this behaviour has been going on for along time and in the last 18months have lost 4 other CSOs due to the same reason ... new management has been very understanding and encouraging but I feel its not been enough ... due to the situation I now get to work in many of the clinics as a floater so have been able to enjoy the contract a little more
Pros
travel, customer interaction, knowledge
Cons
bullying
Good workplace great people
Customer Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  Mulgrave13 October 2015
Big company who looks after their employees.
Not in my line of work but a great workplace.
Very laid back work environment.
Lot of variety from Admin to Sales
Customer Service/receptionist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne2 September 2015
Very busy fast paced must be very organized KPI,Sales Customer Service Answering so many emails answering phone with in 3 rings
Pros
Satisfaction in helping especially the elderly
Cons
Low pay
Good teamwork and training. Varied and satisfying work.
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Croydon6 May 2015
I have learned to prioritise tasks and communicate clearly with clients and staff to achieve the best outcomes possible.
I have enjoyed working closely with my co-workers to achieve our goals together. We have a lot of fun when we can.
I have always enjoyed the connection with clients who appreciate what we do and feel encouraged by the support we can give them, including children of aged parents who are also involved.
The hardest part is when someone is sick and there are not enough staff in the clinic, so that clients are sometimes disappointed.
Management has always been supportive and responsive and generous, including an annual conference with all expenses paid in a resort.
Extremely busy and satisfying work making files, confirming appointments and reselling them where needed.
Conducting Pure Tone screening tests for clients and explaining and organising hearing service vouchers for clients who are on a pension and need to see the audiologist.
Repairing hearing aids where possible and aiding clients in maintaining them.
Pros
Helping customers who are appreciative.
Cons
I live too far away now
caring
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Morwell, VIC19 April 2015
I loved this Job helping people to hear is something wonderful
every day would be different, and there is nothing better than seeing someone's face light up when they are able to hear what you have just said. Most co workers had a good understanding of why they had to put in lots of follow up work The hardest part of the job was KPIs
Pros
Week day work
Cons
Convincing clients who can not hear to do something about it
I was happy to be able to assist clients in need of help with their hearing aids or any other matter I was able to assist with
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Sutherland NSW1 December 2014
My daily duties included confirming Audiology appointments as well as free hearing tests for the following day. Preparing files for the Audiologist. Answering phones and making appointments. Rescheduling appointments and filling cancelled appointments.
Providing free hearing tests for clients, among many other office duties.
I learned a lot about hearing aids and their benefits, as well as time management and multi tasking. I worked with many different co-workers and enjoyed each one of them in many different ways.
The hardest part of the job was having to cancel an appointment that a client had been waiting on for months due to various reasons. The part I enjoyed the most was being able to help someone who was having difficulty with their hearing aids and being able to make things easier for them.
Pros
I was able to work at a locaion closest to my home.
Cons
There was no room for advancement within the company.
Was a fun workplace, with a great management team.
CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Maroochydore, QLD21 November 2014
Working for NHC, as a CSO was such a pleasure, great management, always easy to talk to and make any suggestions to regarding work. clients were a diverse range which made the job interesting and unpredictable. day to day tasks were set fairly so the productivity of the day always ran smoothly.
Pros
Flexible with staff, Hours of work were great, once a month we would be taken out to lunch by the regional manager for making targets
Productive, interactive, client satisfaction
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA29 October 2014
Check and action emails and previous days clinic performance
Monitor and review revenue, staff performance, manage budget.
Best part of my job is satisfaction clients get from our services and seeing the development of young clinicians
Pros
Perks that come with the job
Cons
it was a great work place if you have a caring nature ,made great friends gained the trust and able to offer a professional service
customer service officer (Former Employee) –  Mildura, VIC17 September 2014
task management most important ,general opening and end of day closing of clinic , diary management ,confirmation calls daily for audiologist and CSO FOR SCREENING TEST ,RECEIVING OF STOCK DAILY ,Send orders to head office daily arranging of courier bag daily banking daily ,dealing with clients needs , batteries maintenance and sales , following up on government voucher , creating government voucher thru office of hearing services ,arrange audiologist app also gp app for clients ,creating client files general admin duties
Fun and friendly work place to work with, good management, work ethics.
Customer Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  Mulgrave26 March 2014
Many benefits and great staff and management. Diverse culture and values.
productive. friendly environment
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  mulgrave melbourne vic.18 September 2013
meeting KPI targets (monthly)
get more then 100 calls a day
dealing with more rejection calls, able to persuade the customer to be interested in the free service.
meeting new people and being able to make friends.
Pros
good pay