NSW Ambulance Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Unique environment for helping the community
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 January 2017
A typical day for me at work is taking up to and over 100 Emergency calls from hospital to hospital transfers, to 000 callers experiencing their worst day of their life.

NSW ambulance have ongoing training as medical procedures change, so does our 000 call taking change (we have to keep up with the changes as these days medical practices change every year )

The managers are very supportive and help me with any situation about the job and we also have peer support officers who help when we experience a very difficult call.

I work with the best team of people doing a very unique job and we support each other throughout each shift and away from work we have a social club who organise social activities.

The hardest part of my job is when my patient who I have been on the line with for some time passes away.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people in their time of need. In my 28 year career I have delivered 27 babies and when you hear that baby cry and know that mother and baby are fine it is the best feeling in the world.
Pros
Helping people in their time of need.
Cons
Staffing levels
Rewarding
Patient Transport Officer (Former Employee) –  NSW11 October 2016
It was a rewarding job, but could not see some of the unfortunate people suffering and it was effecting me personally
That is why I had to terminate my service
Being as ambulances or patient Officer takes special type of person to deal with the type of task
High stressful workload
A/Call Taker Team Leader Supervisor role (Current Employee) –  Eveleigh NSW30 August 2016
Extremely high in workload and very stressful everyday. Very satisfying in helping the public in their time of distress. Love all my team members, we help each other
Pros
helping people
Cons
Peak hour traffic
Productive never a dull moment
Operations Centre Officer (Current Employee) –  Dubbo NSW31 March 2016
Typical day at work is answering 000 calls and not knowing what is going to happen on the other end of the line.
To be able to help someone who is in need of paramedical services is awarding enough.
I enjoy the interaction between the public, paramedics, medical staff in which I deal through everyday.
Pros
The Challenge
Cons
Long shifts
Great Company
patient transport officer (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW7 March 2016
Check vehicles and all equipment. I transported patients to and from home for appointments. and discharges from hospital to home or other medical facilities.
Work with another officer or single.
Work in with other allied health care professionals. to ensure safety and full care for the patient.
Pros
Working with some amazing people
Cons
nil
Toxic corporate environment
HR Officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW8 June 2015
Front line management is top notch - corporate culture is cancerous. No support, no guidance and no career pathway options. Misrepresentations made about career opportunities within and actively blocked from pursing other avenues.