Opal Aged Care Employee Reviews

Good
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Mount Hutton NSW6 September 2016
It is good. I have been working there for 3 years. I work day shifts because it suits my lifestyle especially now my children all go to school.
Very bad management
Assistant in Nursing (Former Employee) –  Springwood NSW26 July 2016
The maingement only like those people who butter them ...
And this company is all about money always short staff...
Managers only like the persons who are in management....they are bad in problem resolving
They never appriciate for ur contibution
They only appreciate the people who are in administration. ..thats why all reviews from administration position are nice....
They dont care for their employees....
Worst place to fill short staff shifts....
Pros
Cons
Terrible management
not good
AIN (Current Employee) –  Western sydney21 July 2016
where i work some carers shouldnt be working in this industry, i think management are to busy trying to make a profit and not care about the residents care. they have cut a lot of stuff for us to use when attending to the residents. i wouldnt recomend working for opal, it's frustrating and sad. we are always short staffed and dont get replaced. It is a nursing home shouldnt be worried about making a profit and cutting care to these residents.
Pros
some staff great to work with
Cons
need to care more
working in aged care
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Inverloch VIC30 June 2016
I enjoy working at Opal specialist aged care, their has been a lot of changes in the years i have been employed their, All for the good.
Everyday their is always something new and I learn and pick up things very easily and quickly.
We have had a lot of change over of management, this is due to being a very large business and so much responsibility. But every manager we have are very lovely and do their job well.
I love working as part of a team environment, i build such a strong rapport with my residents, family members of those residents and as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is losing people so close to me.
My job is very physical but it so rewarding, I really enjoy being part of Opal.
Worst place I have ever worked
Lifestyle Support Worker (Former Employee) –  NSW central west7 June 2016
I would not recommend this facility...worst place I have ever worked! No support from management, made all the promises in the world, but never deliver! Uncaring staff that should never be in the aged care industry
Pros
Lovely residents and families I met throughout my employment
Cons
Bad management and uncaring staff
Company good to work for
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Caloundra QLD1 June 2016
I have worked all shifts so each shift is different i am mainly rostered on for night shift, i have to help get residents into bed and changed and do their rotations through out the night we have very minimal staff on of a night time so i are always very busy attending to residents who need my assistance.
great place with excellent team work and wonderful management
nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD26 May 2016
everyday was great to work as a PCA as we worked well together and there was always great team work, management was always approachable
Pros
close to home
Cons
could never be late for work...
Way too much work load, zero support from management
Ain (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD20 May 2016
Zero support from management, staff who been with opal from years thinks they owe the place and treat new staff really bad. Too much chit- chat around the place. Not a very good money for the work staff does. No appreciation opal is all about money .
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company
my opinion about my work place.
General Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC10 May 2016
My co- workers they are very friendly and helping me a lot when i have just start my job. I learned how's to manage time, team work.i am enjoying it.
Amount of work not commensurate to the benefits
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Quakers Hill NSW1 May 2016
Very busy. In addition to medication administration for 30+ residents, RNs are responsible for doing dressings that are due, case conferences, follow up of issues, etc.
Management was supportive.
Co-workers do not their part most of the time so other shifts have to cop with what's left.
Most enjoyable part was interacting with the residents.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Discrepancy with pay from time to time, delayed pay - only happened once but pay was delayed for 1 month, heavy workload, no salary packaging
Homely place to work
Personal carer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 April 2016
Nice place to work,love meeting and caring for the elderly,having a close friendship,hardest part about the job is loosing my clients,passing away..
Pros
positive out come, helping people
Excellent Management and Facility
Cleaner/ Food Services (Former Employee) –  Tweed Heads, NSW1 February 2016
When cleaning (which I was rostered to do 4 days a week with a six hour shift). Commence work at 7am proceed to clean toilets in staff rooms and Visitors area then go up to the level I was allocated which catered for 30 residents. Clean their rooms which all had an ensuite attached, then vaccum and mop the corridors dining room, lounge area, nurses station,and all other areas required. Clean all glass windows, polish sideboards and all furniture. When doing Food Services (which I was rostered to do 2 days a week with a 4 hour shift) I would commence work at 3pm prepare and serve afternoon tea, clean up proceed to the main kitchen collect the meals for dinner, transfer into the bain marie record and document temperatures to ensure compliance check the matrix for any dietary changes. Serve the meals. clean the kitchen area all utensils crockery & cutlery mop floors clean down benches and counter tops change linen in the dining rooom set tables for breakfast service.
I didn't find my job hard I did however enjoy the interaction with the residents and staff.
Pros
Goood working environment
Cons
Opal are a very formidable company who are one of the market leaders
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Murwillumbah, NSW20 January 2016
Opal have a very good quality program with support from state and national managers. There aim is to provide quality care with respect and dignity.
I was working minimum of 50 hours a week, oncall 24/7 and my family and I found it was too demanding for me.
I enjoyed my time at Murwillumbah, and learned a lot.
Pros
great staff and great residents
Cons
hours too long
Professional attitudes, lovely office
Temp Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW12 January 2016
This was a fantastic office to work in, very modern and comfortable with friendly and polite staff.

I would monitor and respond to emails on the company inbox, search for new applicants for positions using their on-line recruitment software, liaise with candidates and managers, answer all incoming calls on the admissions enquiry line, assist with administration and assist the marketing department with any Ad Hoc tasks.

The highlight of this role for me was the team, I felt fully supported at all times.
Not good
An (Former Employee) –  Wahroonga, NSW22 December 2015
All over poor,,,,all relative work there's, management,,,zero knowledge,,,, ,,,,not good
No respect,,,,,,all day Hall
Beautiful place to work in as in catering to the needs of the needy people
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Eight Mile Plains, QLD30 October 2015
Become my home and my heart living onsite... Saw the world through the eyes of the residents

Needs a Board who are business minded to assist the managers team to run the hostel and not micro manage the mangers and staff
Pros
Managers residing on site, catering to the needy
Cons
Lack of Managerial staff for the long unpaid hours, Micro managed & bullied by Board members
Not the best place to work due to management, but the people that work there are mostly good.
Kitchen Hand, Food service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Browns Plains, QLD27 September 2015
everybody that works at opal is great but there is a lot of chit chat that goes around the place and a lot of rumors happen, but when it comes down to it if you go in there and get the job done it keeps everyone happy.
working with clients
Volunteer work as a PCA (Current Employee) –  epping vic8 September 2015
opal meadow glen is a big age care•63 bed home offering: ◦High care
◦Secure Dementia care
◦Respite care

•Exceptional care for residents
•Private or companion bedrooms with ensuites
•Specialist dementia care with training provided by Alzheimer’s Australia
•Respite and palliative care available
•Qualified nursing staff onsite at all times
•Fresh, dietician approved meals prepared and cooked onsite
•Medical services including physiotherapy, pharmacy, podiatry, optometry and dental
•Engaging social and recreational programs
•A range of indoor and outdoor areas
•Strong links to the local community
•Hairdressing salon
•Extra service rooms available

they have around I learn how to make reports about clients and how to communicate with clients .
opal nursing is very fun able workplace
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stanmore, NSW14 August 2015
no typical day, i learn a lot things there, management is good. hardest part job is handle aggressive residence and i do a lot of enjoy there with the residence and my co-workers were very cooperative and helping.
very stressful
Assistant in Nursing (AIN) (Former Employee) –  Burpengary, QLD7 August 2015
The one thing I enjoyed most were the residents. Apart from that, I didn't really enjoy my time there. I was under a lot of pressure, due to some of my co-workers bullying me and bossing me around in a rude way. The hardest part was coming into work with a smile on my face.