Opal Aged Care Employee Reviews

very stressful
Assistant in Nursing (AIN) (Former Employee) –  Burpengary, QLD7 August 2015
The one thing I enjoyed most were the residents. Apart from that, I didn't really enjoy my time there. I was under a lot of pressure, due to some of my co-workers bullying me and bossing me around in a rude way. The hardest part was coming into work with a smile on my face.
Assistance in age care
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mudgee, NSW21 April 2015
My work here primarily consists of assisting with activities such as lawn bowls and bingo., as well as occasionally assisting residents on an individual basis.
Pros
Fewer hours than many jobs allowing for time for other things such as studying course.
Cons
Limted experience, little prospect for advancement.
Happy to be wwith Opal
Nursing Assistant/Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  VIC14 April 2015
Good place to work with lovely staff and supportive management. was really happy with my many years of working there. No hardest part of the job because we all work as a team. At the end of the shift we just laugh and happy we had another day done.
This position has enabled me to return to the health sector which I am passionate about
ADMINISTRATION OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Paynesville, VIC24 February 2014
I am currently employed in an administration/receptionist/admissions role preparing, compiling, filing and archiving both administration and clinical files, and all aspects of general reception duties and office administration. I work in partnership with management, nursing staff, families, residents and carers to ensure that loved ones are cared for and that their transition into care runs smoothly. I am priveleged to be able to use the skills I have in the aged care environment and be part of a team that is passionate about it.
lovely residents and a homey atmosphere
assistant in nursing (Former Employee) –  mudgee30 December 2013
I enjoyed my time working there ,however I was not encouraged or supported with further training to advance my skills . I resigned to find better opportunities for myself in march 2013.
Pros
small amount of residents
Cons
bullying by senior staff members
Working as an AIN
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD17 September 2013
working as an AIN, is a blessing. Gaining skills, meeting the resident and building friendships with your coworkers is great. being able to work comfortably in the work environment makes it very easy.

The management there are great.
Love working with the team.

the hardest part of y job is when we have to let go of a resident. (Passing of a resident)

Everyday is an enjoyable day at work because everyday is different, never know what to expect.
Pros
Awesome work enviroment
Cons
Nil
Productive and fun place to work - recently made redundant after 4.5 years
Assistant to General Manager NSW West (Former Employee) –  Orange, NSW9 June 2013
I worked a normal working week 9am till 5pm. My day varied each day as things often changed. I did all the administration and organising of travel and events for my boss who is the General Manager in aged care.
Reports
Training of new procedures to administration staff.
Organising catering and venues for monthly meetings for facility managers.
Enjoyed but seeking to return to education
Clinical Manaer (Current Employee) –  Lakes Entrance Victoria16 March 2013
I have enjoyed the challeges but feel it's time to move onto something in research or education
Pros
spa days annually
Cons
very long hours with and complex documention therefore reduced time to educate staff