Peabody Energy Employee Reviews

Great Work Culture
Multi Skilled Operator (Current Employee) –  Coppabella QLD27 August 2017
Great place to work with great work colleagues. Great environment with everyone helping each other out when needed. With my position as a dozer and grader operator I get to see what difference i make during the day and how i can improve for the next day. Management team is always there to support you when needed.
Pros
Happy Place to work at, accomodation and food.
Challenging
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Coppabella QLD5 September 2016
Constant change and short term focus as the business attempts to maintain viability, and this is distracting the frontline from what they are there to do. Tough environment to maintain motivation in the team. Good place to improve people management skills.
Pros
FIFO equal time roster
Cons
Uncertainity, constant change with short term focus
immediate crew were professional and easy to work with
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  North Goonyella Colliery30 August 2015
busy times were start of shift - ensure crews had information to perform their roles, end of shift gather reports / gas logs / submit reports to head office plus shift crews. constant monitoring of process conditions / gas environment / belt status / ventilation appliances. ensure all calls from underground handled as if an emergency call even to not answering calls from managers / CEO.
A review of the time i have spent at Peabody
Store person/ Purchasing Clerk / Officer (Former Employee) –  Queensland, Millennium Mine27 July 2015
Peabody Energy Has been a great place to work for the past 3 or so years.
During the time I have been with Peabody my knowledge base has increased due to the training that has been given to me.
I first started as a Store Person where I was part of the team that made the change from Ellipsis to S.A.P spending about 2 years in this role.
Then due to restructure made by Peabody I was then given the opportunity with a new role as the Purchasing Clerk for Coppabella mine. Approximately 1 year later I move to Millennium Mine as the Purchasing Clerk.
Since I have been at Millennium I have received training in the Purchasing Officer Role.
Pros
The people i work with are great
Cons
Long Hours
working 12 hour shifts underground
underground miner (Former Employee) –  QLD1 June 2014
I would attend the pre-shift meeting with management from the mine that would pass on information to all persons and inform persons of any incidents. I was shift boss this means I would speak to the undermanager who would give me a job sheet for the shift. Then I would have a meeting with my crew explaining what work would be carried out that day. I would deploy men to the appropriate work site ensuring that they understand what is expected of them. I would ensure that all ppe is worn during the shift. My work meant I would work with the crews ensuring all standards are met to mine site requirements. The hardest part of the job was the dusty hot conditions that we worked in. Most enjoyable was the trust that built up with the men and working to a high standard and having a safe productive shift.
Pros
camp accomadation
Cons
12 hour shifts
Challenging work with an exceptional crew to be in charge of.
Mining Production Supervisor (open-cut) (Former Employee) –  Dalby, QLD23 February 2014
There were many days of complete chaos where mine planning didn't exist and adlibbing was the norm.
Good lessons learnt were patience,crystal balling,double checking all directives,don't take anything for granted.
Management weren't always right'
There were good and not so good in co-workers but experiance helped deal with it all.
Waking up at 3am on a cold morning and driving to work.
Watching a set task unfold and being completed within required time safely.
Utilising many years of experience to plan and implement jobs and having the satisfaction of seeing them done.
Motivating a willing crew was always good.
Observing the training of raw recruits and seeing them meet their goals along with company expectations.
Pros
Home every night, good crew
Cons
Great while it lasted, but closing down ended that
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Dalby, QLD7 January 2014
As a production operator it was my requirement to meet a min of 10000 BCM a day, which on most days was achievable depending on trucks, single bench, double bench.
Being part of D Crew which was established in March of 2011 and came to an end as of 2013 sad to say. However the time that was spent with this bunch of miss fits was rewarding to say the least.
Pros
Training
Cons
Closing the mined