Peninsula Health Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Beware the glossy brochure for recruiting mental health staff
Nurse (Former Employee) –  mental health26 October 2017
After many years working as a nurse in public mental health I witnessed it slowly descend into business model centred care not person centred care. This is truly so sad for our population. No support for staff if feeling overwhelmed with workload. Beware if you voice the obvious. Entrenched culture of bullying heirarchy. Paper before people-ticking boxes takes precedence over patient centred care. Congratulating management for implementing ineffective change that looks good on paper but translates poorly with service delivery. Increasing workloads and decreasing staff. No real collaborative discussion with the staff actually caring for our public. Effective leadership sadly missing.
Pros
supportive collegues, good nurses doing good work under difficult circumstances
Cons
Ineffective intrastructure with software, excessive duplication of information (paperwork) between departments, constantly reinventing the same wheel with different acronyms
great support for new nurses
enrolled nurse (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC11 September 2017
i completed 2 weeks of placement at Ballarat & district hospital, sub acute, i was challenged to see how much i have learnt from my experience, which was rewarding.
Fast paced working environment
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC18 June 2017
Fast paced, enjoyed meeting new and helping customers is a reward for a good days work.

Working in a team, and helping wherever I can, staff always there to help you if needed.
Pros
Sandwich and coffee if working over lunch period.
Cons
On your feet all day.
Challenging work environment.
Registered Nurse, Acute Psychiatry (Current Employee) –  Frankston, VIC10 December 2015
Challenging place to work. Supportive staff who have a very challenging client population to serve and are motivated to do so.
Pros
Supportive coworkers
Cons
Micromanagement, poor coordination of departments
Great learning and working culture
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Frankston, VIC8 November 2015
Excellent facilities with a keen focus on patient care. Fantastic team environment, with a management team that encouraged career advancement.
Worked with some great clients
Rn (Former Employee) –  acute medical6 August 2015
The 'real' culture was disappointing.I viewed numerous cases of Rns emotionally bullying patients. However these nurses were in the minority and the majority worked hard to aid the health of their patients.
Pros
good hours
Cons
bad nurses
visited Brisbane recently and love the weather also i feel same like my mother land
RN DIV1 (Current Employee) –  VIC21 April 2015
52 years old lady admitted in ward after CABG surgery,patient was so upset and anxious because of her condition in this age.2nd day of admission i got a chance to looked after her..i tried to reassure the patient,still patient was not happy.lunch time i took her to the dinning area in a wheel chair and introduce her to some other patient who more worse condition than her.then she realize lot of people suffering a ,lot than her, also i spent some time with her and i said, we (human beings)always look upwards only if we look downstairs we can see lot of them are very poor conditions. patient under stand the meaning and lately she said to her family, some of the staffs and our manager i changed her mind and feel much better.i feel very proud of that./////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
always team work, confident ,report,be aware,flexible working
teamwork is the most enjoyable part
Pros
if possible
Cons
possable
satisfying work and salary benefits
podiatrist (Current Employee) –  Frankston, VIC2 June 2014
I work in an varied environment with many challenges with constant change..
The client base is interesting and the work enjoyable.
There are great support in advancing in education and training
I work with staff that are focused on patient care and welfare and are caring.
Hardest part of my work is when treatment is not successful
Most enjoyable part of my work is when treatment is successful
Fun working environment
Advanced Storeperson (Current Employee) –  Frankston, Victoria29 May 2013
My day consists of imprest scanning in the morning and making sure wards at the hospital get the stock they require then it is my job to put all the stores away in the correct locations on the wards.

I then deliver goods to other wards around the hospital and help out when required with checking off and booking in of medical goods.

Co workers are fun to work with.

Hardest part of the job is constantly seeing sick people and being around germs all the time.
Pros
excellent working condition