Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with some cool perks
All rounder (food, cashier, managing, cleaner) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 February 2018
I learnt how to make pizzas, multitask, cut pizzas, fold pizza boxes, put together orders, take phone calls, work at the till, handle money. I eventually learnt pizzas off by heart. After working there for 4-6 full months, still being rather new, my boss trusted me and thought that I was very skilled and asked me to train some newbies.

Managers would sometimes leave during shifts to go out the back, or leave early so I had to take on their responsibilities which sometimes left me in the shop alone whilst the drivers were out doing deliveries.

At the end of the night, I would sometimes be able to take the orders that were not picked up, or even make my own meal with a discount.

The hardest part of the job was probably answering phone calls. It was definitely my least favourite as well.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Covering for many workers, co-workers leaving mess
Easy to fit in short shifts and good crew.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lake Haven NSW14 February 2018
Delivery drivers usually come in, clock in and spend the majority of the shift on the road taking deliveries. The experience depends entirely on what you bring to it. If you're bad at it, you're going to have a rough time. If you do a good job, its considerably easier and more pleasant.
Good work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD8 February 2018
Pizza Hut is a global company and I am lucky to work with this company. They have standard rules and regulations which have to follow by all employees which leads a smooth process for all.
productive, fun, flexible
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bankstown NSW31 January 2018
Working at Pizzahut was a great part-time job as I was able to choose hours that were perfect for me due to study. Management of Pizzahut was exceptional as I felt comfortable working there and if a mistake was made I was told calmly. the hardest part of the job was to manage preparation of food, cutting of pizza, and serving in one go when we were low on workers. My two years have taught me how to serve customer up to expectations, clean, make pizzas, cut pizzas and dealing with complaints
Pros
friendly and comfortable environment
Cons
Not enough workers, less shifts
Fun and Simple
All around (Current Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD24 January 2018
Delivery Driving and Dishes was my typical day unless called into do Front Counter, Make or Dough. learned alot more and improved my customer service skills and money handling. Hardest part of the job was lifting the dough roller but i enjoyed working there
Wasn’t a good experience
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW23 January 2018
It wasn’t a good experience always made me work on New Year’s Eve public holidays and for not long hours I do not recommend this for you’re first job.
Pros
Never any brakes
Cons
Max 4 hours
great people to work with
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Queanbeyan NSW16 January 2018
it is as great place to work at but the payment I didn't get until days later but other then that its the best place to be and yeah the management there was strong
A good idea to understand the fast-food industry
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  NSW South Coast NSW4 January 2018
Pizza Hut is generally a workplace that can provide young teenagers a glimpse of what it is like to work in a fast-food environment. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there, unless you wish to experience the fast-paced work environment or establish a sense of independence by earning your own money.
Pros
Free Pizza, Discounts on products
Cons
No pay slips, do not pay you in time, stressful in certain situations
Fun Workplace, Good team
Customer Service Assistant and Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Queensland4 January 2018
Nothing much to say about Pizza Hut. I had a good experience working there and was very satisfied with the level of training and the management. I enjoyed the strong team environment and the flexible hours. I enjoyed the high pressure environment also.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Good management
Cons
Late hours
Overall good
Shift supervisor / Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Ringwood VIC1 January 2018
I was doing this job during my student period as a part time worker. I had to supervise the store and manage the stock. Apart from that I did cash handling as well.
Productive and enjoyable work enviornment
Customer service - face to face and phone ordering (Current Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD11 December 2017
A typical day at work for me involves getting all tasks required completed before end of shift and adhering to all time lines. Continuously making sure all customers are satisfied and orders are given out at the best standard. Keeping myself busy on not so busy nights, whether its cleaning or preparation of foods, or even ssking manger on shift if there is anything i can do to make there shift that little bit easier.
I have learnt a number of things from both Pizza Hut and KFC (previous job) whether its how to prep foods how to serve and greet customers how to clean to certain standards etc have all been skills I've picked up.

Workplace culture I think is important as it makes staff want to come to work and them knowing nothing unsafe within with culture will happen. I am fortunate enough to have several school friends work at Pizza Hut with me so the positive culture was pre existing basically.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the people I work with, I love every single team member and how we always help each other out and never let anyone down. Just knowing I can rely and know they'll do a good job at what I ask of them if ever i need a hand at something is just such a good feeling to have.
I also enjoy training people, as they've always been good to me and helps me build friendship with them easy which I love.
Pros
Exceptional Staff
Cons
Flexible with holidays/time off
Flexible and relaxed environment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 December 2017
Enjoyed working here. Staff were friendly and management did not expect too much of you. Would definitely recommend if in need of some easy money. Working hours are easy going.
Pros
Easy Work, Efficient Management, Fun at times
Cons
Difficult to maintain cleanliness during peak times
It was alright.
Delivery Driver/Closing and Opening Store (Former Employee) –  Mount Isa QLD1 December 2017
It was alright. really depends on the location of the establishment. Nonetheless, not bad. I don't too much to say about my time working there, I'm just trying to full the minimum 150 charter mark now.
was productive however underpaid
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW30 November 2017
typical day at work consists of cleaning the back of the shop e.g. mopping the floor, taking out the trash, washing the equipment used in the pizza making process. also in the back includes the processes of making the pizza bases, applying the toppings based off the orders received from the counter and over phone and placing the base on the conveyor oven and packing the pizza in the box once cooked. working in the front consisted of serving customers, taking orders and dealing with the exchange of money when customers paid for the products by cash or card. learned how to make pizzas, clean in an efficient manner and serve customers. the hardest part of the job consisted of the fast pace of the workplace and the speed in which the pizzas must be delivered. the most enjoyable part of the job would be finishing the pizzas and serving it to the customers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours, underpaid
fun workplace
assistant manager/driver/all-rounder (Current Employee) –  Oakey QLD29 November 2017
such a nice environment and atmosphere. the hardest part of the job is when the rush comes in and the oven cannot keep up with our fast speed. the most enjoyable part is when kids come in and their faces light up seeing the pizzas.
Pros
great employees
Cons
late nights
horrible
kitchen hand (Former Employee) –  Mawson ACT15 November 2017
the managerial staff were horrible to their subordinates, the pay was below minimum wage and the actual franchisee of the store bullied the junior staff members.
Pros
n/a
Cons
long hours, below minmum wage
great working environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fulham Gardens SA18 October 2017
great working environment for first time job seekers.
valuable life long skills learnt .
flexible working hours and good job work/life balance.
great people - customers and employees
Calm and focused work environment.
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Augustine Heights QLD9 October 2017
Working at Pizza Hut was enjoyable and rewarding. The experience and training gained from working as a casual employee has aided in my future. I would recommend working at Pizza Hut to anyone as a starting career.
Pros
Well paying
Cons
Short hours
Great experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW5 October 2017
A great place to work with a great team, great training. There was variety each day, which kept you engaged in improving the product and delivery. The company were supportive and approachable if there were any problems or were interested in further training.
Pros
Friendly employees
Badly exploited & hopelessly underpaid
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD5 October 2017
Dish washing, ingredient prep, floor & equipment & fridge area scrubbing, basically a cleaner's job. Working hours extend without notice and it depends on how busy the shift is.
Pros
Cons
Awfully underpaid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

55K