Platypus shoes Employee Reviews

Best team environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW25 April 2017
I loved working at Platypus. Getting to engage with customers on a daily basis and working with people who had the same values as you was super incredible! I was taught many new skills and constantly pushed to reach daily targets
Pros
great environment, great discounts off sneakers
Cons
short shifts
productive and fun working environment
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Preston VIC18 April 2017
Platypus is a fun and professional organisation that looks out for their team members and ensures that it is a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable working environment.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
sometimes not enough hours
Great for young people to start Retail
Marketing, Visual (Former Employee) –  Mt Druitt NSW14 February 2017
Had a short amount of time there but from what I seen it would be a great place for someone to start out their retail career. Plenty of growth available. Opening and closes of Platypus store. Visual Merchandising and general upkeep of store. Sales and meeting of KPI's
Pros
Discount on product.
Cons
Quite repetitive work
Fun work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC31 January 2017
A typical day was making sure the store was presented with fresh new stock and making sales. I learnt how to upsell. Management weren't overly supportive. The hardest part of the job was dealing with nasty customers. The mist enjoyable part was working with a great team of people.
Pros
discounts
Amazing Environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth Hay1 December 2016
Absolutely love it! Can't wait to have more shifts! Love meeting new people and always making them leave with a smile on their faces :) Love getting a big sale, makes me and the customer feel great!
Pros
meeting new people!
Good job perks
Team Member (Former Employee) –  South Wharf VIC13 November 2016
Fun work environment, good staff discount and friendly managers. Very busy at christmas time but to be expected. Some difficult store targets and favouritism when it came to shifts but was mostly based on performance
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
You have to approach all customers even if they obviously want to be left alone, store targets were often difficult to reach
Lively Store Culture
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW28 September 2016
I found my stay with Platypus shoes challenging, enjoyable, and most of all, pleasant. They are an extremely professional company I can recommend to anyone with a passion for sales, shoes etc.

A typical day at work consisted of running the store, more or less. Each individual was just as valuable as the next. Hierarchy was not entirely apparent, and as such every one felt wanted.

The hardest part of the job was most definitely leaving at the end of the day, and as such the most enjoyable part would have to be just being able to be there.
Pros
Wonderful team mates, friendly leaders.
Cons
Salary was perhaps lower than expected.
produktivt
Salgs assistent (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 July 2016
Elsket å jobbe her! Så utrolig gøy, mye trafikk og hyggelige mennesker!
Pros
bra pauser
Cons
mange ansatte
Really fun, great team, great dynamic
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southland Centre VIC18 April 2016
Management at Platypus is really great, everyone gets treated equally and fairly. Co-workers are roughly all same age and therefore everyone gets along fantastically. Typical day at work includes maintenance of the store and back room; everything is to be kept neat and tidy. Receiving stock and putting it away also consumes some of the day. Visual merchandising is really important as we need to show off what is our best sellers and to promote new styles to generate sales. But customers are the number 1 priority so everything can be paused for a short time until the customer is satisfied. The hardest part of work is having to keep up with a busy store and make sure its clean and tidy at the same time. The most enjoyable time of work is working with my co workers, everyone works as a team and we just generally create a good and positive environment in the store.
Fun and vibrant culture, able to be yourself and express yourself
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 March 2016
Having to exhibit high levels of customer service to every customer that entered, learnt to work within a large team. The co-workers are fun and cultured.
enjoyable working environment
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC15 February 2016
I enjoyed the working environment within Platypus and the personalities of the people I worked with. I learnt many skills from my position at Platypus, but most importantly it was the beginning of my retail experience, and I'm grateful that I started with such an exciting and successful company.
Fun workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW13 January 2016
I enjoyed my time a Platypus shoes thoroughly. It was a perfect atmosphere for a sales team to work in, fun and chaotic at times but always driven to achieve the most out of each day, eithers sales or task orientated. The store was ran very well and everything was kept up to date, even down to the little things such as straightening trainers and labels on the inside of the shoe done correctly.
Great vibes and great people
Casual Employment, Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Wharf22 July 2015
A typical day would be a friendly welcome by all co-workers and after signing in, I begin greeting and selling the product. Being new to the workforce my co-workers helped me with almost everything and I learned many skills quickly yet efficiently. The hardest part of the job was working almost the whole on Boxing Day, it was intense and a good challenge for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team and the customers, I loved meeting, bonding and working alongside my co-workers and I loved meeting and helping customers find what they needed.
Pros
Product discount, close food court, great co-workers
Cons
Distance from home to work
The most enjoyable part of the Job
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW14 June 2015
I was the youngest member of the team, however I was able to serve customers and successfully address their needs on numerous occasions. I was also able to break store sales quotas. I enjoyed working an environment were I was always socializing with people who were from diverse backgrounds and nationalities.
Pros
Job satisfaction of ensuring a customer recived what they were looking for within the store
Cons
At times some racist remarks from collegues
productive and a great learning environment
retail (Former Employee) –  Frankston, VIC7 January 2015
always learning, meeting new people and serving the business the best i can.
Nice workplace, friendly atmosphere and good environment.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paddington, NSW6 July 2012
A typical day at work consisted of ensuring the store is looking at it's greatest, as after all, a great, clean looking store encourages people to come inside. Shelves would be restocked so there was to be no gaps in display, back room re-tidied, generally making sure the store could go about its day efficiently. Most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to (and perfect!) my sales skills and my approach toward a sale. I also acquired great customer service skills which I can now apply in many situations - not just within the work force.
Pros
great location
Cons
hours not too flexible
national sneaker store
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  newtown15 June 2012
first thing work out budgets and where we are for the week /counting float,cleaning out the front floor and windows,re-merchandising if needed, sales ,sale,sales,banking,sales ,sales/customer holds and lay-bys to sort,sales ,sales,sales,restocking when needed, sales ,sales,sales..re-lacing and tidy up /vaccum,doors closed.
ive learnt to manage a small team while manager is not present
working out budgets and kpi's.
all co-workers are all individuals all different ages,loved them all
hardest part was keeping a full stockroom for certain styles/brands,new buyers need more knowledge on different environments/suburbs..ect
most enjoyable part working with my team and the shoes of course.
Pros
bonus incentives