PwC Employee Reviews

A caring environment that solve important problems
China desk (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 July 2017
A caring environment that solve important problems
Working in PwC is a pleasure as well as challenging. For my role, there are many opportunities to have a taste of different industries.
three months contract
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 May 2017
PwC provides you a vast experience at many different clients. I did 7 clients in three months and performed audit procedures on almost components of Balance sheet and Income statement. It provided me a platform to learn and sharpen my skills in performing audit.
Great culture - Worked very hard with lots of social interaction. Dream job!
Executive Assistant to Senior Partners (Former Employee) –  Chatswood and Sydney24 April 2017
My role as Executive Assistant to three senior partners for the eleven years I was employed was the role of a lifetime and I was extremely fortunate and blessed. A typical day was to prioritise diary management and the required work load for the day and week ahead. Client interaction was very important in my role and I was lucky to have built up a great trust with our clients and as a link to the Partners I worked for. The hardest part of the job was some very long hours and extremely tight deadlines at very short notice. The most enjoyable part of my job was being involved in a great team, the many varied social events the Company was most gracious in putting on and long standing friendships that I made.
Pros
Free duty free perfume from my Partners for 11 years
Cons
None really just tight deadlines and long hours when required
Great company to work for
Pursuit Program (Business Development) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 April 2017
Very large firm but get to work with the best in the field.

Invests a lot in junior staff and senior staff. Nothing for inbetween.

Work with a great team.
Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Canberra7 February 2017
PwC is a nice company to work for. It has a great job culture and helps you to learn and grow. They encourage you to grow and direct your career.
Great Company to Intern at
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 January 2017
Had a great experience interning at PwC Australia. The people were very friendly and I had the opportunity to work on variety of projects. It was a good way to see the inside of a large company.
Worst place to work
Associate Director of Services (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 January 2017
Cant wait to leave this place management is the worst I have ever been involved in.

The place is perfect if your a friend of the management and they only act out the workplace wellbeing to keep records clean
A lot of Learning
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 December 2016
- Work pressure
- Smart people to be around with
- flexible timing and work life balance
- slow progression
- forward looking company
- diversity and inclusiveness
A fun place to work in
Senior Accountant & Auditor (Current Employee) –  Port Moresby30 November 2016
8 or more hours of work in a typical day at work
I have learned to be committed in my work
The mangement is always about meeting the budget and gets to pass the preasure down
My co-workers have fun a lot to release stress
Hardest part of the job is to work overnight and make it early the next morning
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting bonus at end of year
Pros
Fee lunch and Transport
Cons
Long working hours
hostile, rude staff
Financial Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 November 2016
rude staff, manager unapproacable and never there or always unavailable
no work. life balance,
they make promises and then don't keep them,
no training
Cons
long hours, inflexible, unreasonable
workplace and daily job
Intern (Former Employee) –  深圳市3 July 2016
recording and checking the bank statement and other relevant data, preparing basic paper, communicating with customers, learned new knowledge from Buddy and Career coach.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner with living while working outsides.
Cons
Long working time, heavy pressure.
Fear-based, highly politicised culture from the top down
Director, Risk & Quality (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 May 2016
The firm's management behaviours vary widely from its stated values.
A typical day at work involved continual interruptions making it impossible to execute on agreed plans.
Management is chaotic. Everyone is pushing their own barrow and trying to earn "brownie points" with the CEO. Disruption comes primarily from within the firm's IT areas.
Outsourcing has become a sacred mantra regardless of the lack of quality and increased costs that it brings. Staff call these things out at their own peril, despite the firm proclaiming one of its values to be "Openness and Authenticity".
Most partners are miserable but take solace from the huge money they earn.
My co-workers were very hard-working but were exploited by working very long hours of unpaid overtime and having more and more responsibilities piled upon them.
The hardest part of the job was trying to juggle too many disparate roles and projects with insufficient resources
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to support the practice with excellent client service, particularly the lawyers within the firm.
Pros
Flexible work arrangements
Cons
Long hours, blurring of the lines between work-life balance.
Working with Partners, co-workers and subordiantes at budget
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pakistan9 March 2016
Budget is announced in April - May every year. At PwC, prior arrangements are made before the budget is announced and on the day of budget partners from all over the country assemble at the head office where the Senior Partner is and write commentary on the budget. It is one-off experience.

Learning from all the partners about laws, how they changed over time and how the law is interpreted.

Hardest part is to listen to all the partners at one time and follow all of them too!!!

Lunches and Dinners are served where partners (CEO) and peons (the lowest cadre) all join and share and talk and its like a family party:-)
Very professional corporate environment. Job culture is high achiever in all business areas.
Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC8 February 2016
From a select few managers i learnt about having the upmost level of integrity in my work, how to make clients trust and work together to provide the best possible outcome.
I worked with the best of the best in our IT department. My co-workers are what i miss most about the job.
The flexible working was the best thing to happen to us, being able to work from home and pick up kids from school is invaluable.
Pros
great perks, quarterly lunches, large xmas party
Cons
low salary
Productive and cooperative place to work
Senior Associate in Assurance Department (Former Employee) –  Dalian, Liaoning17 December 2015
Working with a group of talented people, you can always learn from each other.

Equipped with the most advanced software and management methodology, you are able to keep up with the latest trend.
famouse professional organisation, great training provided,
External Auditor (Former Employee) –  Shenzhen1 November 2015
highly recognised work experience, great and systematic training provided, high pressure work environment, need to work long hours during peak season. But overall you won't regret work for PwC.
Pros
great training and famouse brand value
Cons
long hours during peak season
Productive however not a fun work place to be in
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Sydney25 July 2015
Supportive management however not a fun work place. A lot of opportunity for one to grow in however a highly competitive environment
Okay
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Australia14 July 2015
Training opportunities have dimmed and advancement decreases when market opportunities fall. CEO vision has limited collaboration amongst divisions.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Advancement slow
Lively culture and people
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW7 May 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility between work and life balance.

Of course it was crucial to deliver and be effective. However, this has never been a problem.

In general, a great opportunity to grow and meet interesting people.
Pros
Benefits, Social Club
High pressure, good opportunities for varied work experience
Resource Planner (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD1 March 2015
Solutions based role, building teams of human resources to perform audit and related review work for external clients. Mapped bookings using the firm's resourcing tool, resolved booking clashes, identified opportunities to utilise staff across team requirements, maintained excellent records, scheduled training developed and maintained excellent relationships with management and beyond.

The vast majority of the people at PwC really do make the place a good work environment.

The hardest part of the role was the sheer volume of work teamed with a lack of clear and attainable goals. Better suited to a full time employee.

The most enjoyable part of the role was communicating with the teams, building relationships, and finding great solutions.
Pros
Large network of professional services firms; global mobility attainable
Cons
Unreasonable expectations for part time employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.