Qantas Employee Reviews

amazing place to work
autonomous work
divided work load
leaves
free meals throughout the day
spacious car park
security in the campus
supportive team leaders
Pros
free lunches
One Big Family
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 April 2017
No day is the same. Every flight is a challenge even if we were flying the same destination over and over again. Everyone is well trained with respect for each and everyone's believe.
Great Job
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD24 April 2017
I litrally love working at the airport, customer focus, fast paced, challanging at time, great team work and ability to keep on learning, would love to return one day defently
Pros
everything its my life
Cons
i had to leave to have a baby
I love NRL and am a keen fisherman
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD18 April 2017
My experience in the workplace, from Qantas to Far North Qld in the Mines, and being Self Employed has been my greatest asset.

Typically my day starts at dawn and ends at dark.
Six days a week.
I thrive under pressure.
Pros
See the world for free.
Cons
Not enough time to go fishing
Qantas Airline
Networking Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 March 2017
Analysing and documenting national infrastructure looking over the online services and making sure everything was running smooth.

I learned to work well with other poeple and respect other culture and enjoyed working with them all.

manage my time was very hard because it was hands on at all time because of the amount of work that had to do every day

working with other in the same field as I
Pros
enjoying working with other in the same field as I
Cons
very long hours
Different and interesting
Food Processor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 March 2017
It was a positive experience trying something different. Chandler were well organised and run. I enjoyed the physical and mental challenges. Learnt a lot about food production and understanding all the WHS procedures along the way
Pros
Enjoyed the energy and callanges with targets and schedules
Cons
A bit kaotic at times
Work benefits and
General Manager - Alice Springs (Former Employee) –  Alice Springs NT29 March 2017
Working in a professional team environment, meeting people from all walks of life. The skills learnt were immeasurable and can be applied to any employment opportunity. I enjoyed my time working for Qantas.
Pros
Job advancement, great working conditions
Cons
None that readily come to mind
Social and fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 March 2017
My day at work consists of helping the general public and making sure all there needs a meet with no issues so the walk away happy. Also to work as a team with my colleagues and make the enviroment and happy place so that we look forward to coming to work.
Pros
Cheap travel
Cons
Working shift work
Rude coworkers in Catering preset
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 March 2017
Notorious coworkers in Qantas Catering Preset part against casuals.
some of old ladies are intolerably rude - harassing, racially discriminating and bullying.
No one cares about these old princesses whatever they do because they have worked there for a long time.
less productive work environment.
less efficient process
many mistakes
because of these old foxes.
Pros
free meals
Cons
old female workers rudeness
Qantas Freight
Front Counter Acceptance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD22 March 2017
Working here one day is never the same as the next due to the different things being transported. I like working there as my fellow co workers are a pleasure to work with
Pros
can't say
Cons
can't say
Good place to work, maginificent training.
Ground Staff Qantaslink (Current Employee) –  Port Lincoln21 March 2017
Training was really professional. Good place to work, good management, pay rate is good. Hours aren't very good where I live though.we need more flights and passengers
Pros
Pay, training
Cons
Hours
Busy, hectic, exciting work with like minded colleagues.
Customer Service Consultant (Full-time/Shift) (Former Employee) –  Camberwell VIC 312416 March 2017
A typical day began with a briefing, focusing on national/international events that may impact our workload. Feedback from the previous shift and a discussion on what procedures may be implemented, then straight into what our specific role was for the day
All employees continuously attended training modules whether conducted online or in a classroom environment.
We enjoyed a friendly, procedural/organised work culture, overall interaction with colleagues and passengers was with a positive attitude.
Like any job it had its challenges, disrupted passengers, natural events causing delays, time constraints and long hours with various shift starts and occasionally repetitive.
I would say I loved the camaraderie, I have many life long friends and also the being part of a established, well respected Australian Airline.
Pros
Travel, shift work
Cons
Difficult start and finish times
Very fast paced
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane14 March 2017
Learnt a lot of health and safety procedures
Working in a very fast paced environment which was right in my comfort zone
The hardest part of the job was probably just the heat you got at the back of the dishwasher... Was bareable, over all nothing bad.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fluctuating hours
Excellent staff and very flexible
Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Dowsing Point TAS5 March 2017
Loved working here but had to resign due to my mothers illness and she passed away shortly after.
Worked with lovely customers assisting in their billing, sales and upgrades. Constantly learning new skills and became very proficient working with different computer systems.
Pros
Flexible and very compassionate
Cons
Difficulty with parking in the city
proative,
Porter (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT2 March 2017
It was a privilege to be working for a great company like Qantas freight expanding my skill set. Qantas freight have a strong health & safety culture and the staff and management are a great crowd to work with.
Pros
Great company to work for garenteed. 38hrs a week
Cons
No fulltime positions
productive
porter (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 February 2017
good place to work, friendly people but the hours of working was no good only 4hrs a day but overall was a good experience working at the airport
the most enjoyable part of the job
Chef/Cook (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 February 2017
Very good and comfortable place to work. Nice and friendly management, educated supervisors. I;m make presentation JAL Air. I learned a lot from the main chef. Caring and cultural Head Chef. Pleasure to work
Pros
free food
Cons
good pay
Very positive company to work for
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 January 2017
Did an apprenticeship with QANTAS. Awesome place to work. Very well organised . Colleagues are helpful and supportive. Learned a lot. Work life balance is great. 4 days work and 5 days of.Interesting work on high tech machines.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Only in major Australian cities. Not possible to combine with a rural life style.
Excellent learning time
Facilities & Project management (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 January 2017
Progressive company, forever changing to adapt to new challenges. Continuous improvement and safety at the forefront of all daily activities. Excellent career paths and management training.
Work coliges
Title - Driver and Cabin Attendant for catering (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC5 January 2017
The job was not too difficult how ever, management and or the organisation i feel that it needs to be looked at.
And even though they clam to have a high regards to OH&S, I personally did received a number of injures that could and should have been avoided had more attention to detail had been implemented.
Pros
Discount flights
Cons
Shiftwork