Qantas Employee Reviews

Loved working for Qantas such a great team
Ramp and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moranbah, Queensland20 September 2017
If you're interested in Aviation you need to apply with Qantas great way to start off and keep going in your new career. Absolutely loved working for them for the past 2 years best people I've met and worked with
Pros
Staff discounts
Staff travel
resource coordinator (Current Employee) –  Perth Airport WA13 September 2017
Great company to work for with good benefits, Is a very stressful and busy environment to work in at times. Many outside influences that impact on the work environment eg: weather, schedules staff sickness & dealing with the public in a fast moving environment. Need to be able to think on your feet and to resolve problems effectively & instantly.
Pros
Staff Travel
Cons
Shift work
Excellent employer
Contact centre consultant (Current Employee) –  Hobart TAS9 September 2017
Flexible employer. Great culture. Reliable and accommodating to its employees. Wonderful job, interesting and fulfilling in every way. Considerate and an equal opportunity employer.
Management have issues
Logistics Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD4 September 2017
You have 10 different managers to report 2 . Was being v told what to do differently 100 times a day just head down and do your job. Don't be in loved in office politics. You won't be doing yourself any favours
Pros
Great pay
Cons
To many cheifs not enough Indians
A good place to work and big company
Aircraft cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 August 2017
Qantas is a big company I doing shift works. They are 2 shifts 7.00am to 3 pm, and 3pm to 11pm. One shifts is about 10 people is fun to work and I worked 13and half years.
Pros
Bring your lunch.
Cons
8 hours a day
You're just a number at Qantaslink
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 August 2017
Like all airlines you are just seen as a number who is a robot to their system. A constant roll over of staff is the norm, I had 5 managers in 3 years. Terrible shift work, long hours and no recognition.
Pros
Staff Travel
Terrible place to work
QGS groundstaff (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 July 2017
There are 2 sets of unions. 1 for the old and 1 for the new. the new get paid less , with less benefits but work harder.
You need to pay $600 for physical , go through an online course (12 subjects) and pass a forklift assessment all on your time. Once you pass all this , they think you will not leave.
You will not be working on aeroplanes , as they say. (this is for the old only) . You will be working mainly in the "mail room' , this is a brain dead job just lifting bags all day.
You will be working every weekend , lucky to get 1 out of every 8 off.
The place has a very bad culture , if you are not Friends or are family of the leading hands you will be subject to all the bad jobs.
They have a very large turn around of staff. Qantas has a really good airline name , and they are taking advantage of this ! If you dont believe me look at the history of their adds. They continually advertise for staff. Management do not listen or care. they say you will work 40hrs , but they are cutting that back to 25hrs. If your still going to go ahead with applying , speak to the interviewers about all of above . They will confirm all is true.
Pros
cheap standby tickets after 6 months of work
Cons
working weekends, bad culture, midnight shifts, unfair practices, two unions
Busy working environment clean working conditions, friendly work colleagues.
Food Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA20 July 2017
This is a fast paced environment your work colleagues are friendly and helpful as is your supervisors. The work place is hygienic and safety endorsed this is an 8hr day with over time available.
Pros
cheap lunches....really cheap.
Cons
there are some staff that have been there for far toooo long like 1/4 of a century.
multicultural organisation
SPECIAL MEALS CATERING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 June 2017
amazing place to work
autonomous work
divided work load
leaves
free meals throughout the day
spacious car park
security in the campus
supportive team leaders
Pros
free lunches
One Big Family
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 April 2017
No day is the same. Every flight is a challenge even if we were flying the same destination over and over again. Everyone is well trained with respect for each and everyone's believe.

Want to know more about Qantas?

Ask a question
Great Job
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD24 April 2017
I litrally love working at the airport, customer focus, fast paced, challanging at time, great team work and ability to keep on learning, would love to return one day defently
Pros
everything its my life
Cons
i had to leave to have a baby
I love NRL and am a keen fisherman
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD18 April 2017
My experience in the workplace, from Qantas to Far North Qld in the Mines, and being Self Employed has been my greatest asset.

Typically my day starts at dawn and ends at dark.
Six days a week.
I thrive under pressure.
Pros
See the world for free.
Cons
Not enough time to go fishing
Qantas Airline
Networking Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 March 2017
Analysing and documenting national infrastructure looking over the online services and making sure everything was running smooth.

I learned to work well with other poeple and respect other culture and enjoyed working with them all.

manage my time was very hard because it was hands on at all time because of the amount of work that had to do every day

working with other in the same field as I
Pros
enjoying working with other in the same field as I
Cons
very long hours
Different and interesting
Food Processor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 March 2017
It was a positive experience trying something different. Chandler were well organised and run. I enjoyed the physical and mental challenges. Learnt a lot about food production and understanding all the WHS procedures along the way
Pros
Enjoyed the energy and callanges with targets and schedules
Cons
A bit kaotic at times
Work benefits and
General Manager - Alice Springs (Former Employee) –  Alice Springs NT29 March 2017
Working in a professional team environment, meeting people from all walks of life. The skills learnt were immeasurable and can be applied to any employment opportunity. I enjoyed my time working for Qantas.
Pros
Job advancement, great working conditions
Cons
None that readily come to mind
Social and fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 March 2017
My day at work consists of helping the general public and making sure all there needs a meet with no issues so the walk away happy. Also to work as a team with my colleagues and make the enviroment and happy place so that we look forward to coming to work.
Pros
Cheap travel
Cons
Working shift work
Rude coworkers in Catering preset
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 March 2017
Notorious coworkers in Qantas Catering Preset part against casuals.
some of old ladies are intolerably rude - harassing, racially discriminating and bullying.
No one cares about these old princesses whatever they do because they have worked there for a long time.
less productive work environment.
less efficient process
many mistakes
because of these old foxes.
Pros
free meals
Cons
old female workers rudeness
Qantas Freight
Front Counter Acceptance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD22 March 2017
Working here one day is never the same as the next due to the different things being transported. I like working there as my fellow co workers are a pleasure to work with
Pros
can't say
Cons
can't say
Good place to work, maginificent training.
Ground Staff Qantaslink (Current Employee) –  Port Lincoln21 March 2017
Training was really professional. Good place to work, good management, pay rate is good. Hours aren't very good where I live though.we need more flights and passengers
Pros
Pay, training
Cons
Hours
Busy, hectic, exciting work with like minded colleagues.
Customer Service Consultant (Full-time/Shift) (Former Employee) –  Camberwell VIC 312416 March 2017
A typical day began with a briefing, focusing on national/international events that may impact our workload. Feedback from the previous shift and a discussion on what procedures may be implemented, then straight into what our specific role was for the day
All employees continuously attended training modules whether conducted online or in a classroom environment.
We enjoyed a friendly, procedural/organised work culture, overall interaction with colleagues and passengers was with a positive attitude.
Like any job it had its challenges, disrupted passengers, natural events causing delays, time constraints and long hours with various shift starts and occasionally repetitive.
I would say I loved the camaraderie, I have many life long friends and also the being part of a established, well respected Australian Airline.
Pros
Travel, shift work
Cons
Difficult start and finish times