Qantas Employee Reviews

Flexible Work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC3 November 2017
It can be a great job for the right person but being s flight Attendant doesn’t suit everyone.

It can be hard work but can also be rewarding at the same time
Pros
Work was always different
Cons
Seniority
Aviation Career was varied, interesting and challenging
Cabin Crew/Purser (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD29 October 2017
Each day presented with different crew, new passengers and new Flight Crew. It began with a Crew Briefing which covered tracking Crew movement for the trip, special requirements of passengers, expected delays etc, special needs and catering, aircraft movements. Flights could sometimes be delayed due to various reasons. Positions were allocated for the duration of flights the crew were together, safety responses were verbally addressed each day. I learnt how to quickly 'read' people! Well trained to observe and notice incidences before they happened, prioritising tasks came naturally when working to flight schedules. No matter where you flew in Australia, there was always someone in an Airport you knew! Cross crewing with interstate crews meant you were always meeting new staff, constantly, and having to work together. The culture is very strong with airline crew because it almost has it's own language. The most difficult part of travelling was adjusting to time zones and keeping healthy. Most enjoyable part of this career was advancing to Purser with it's added responsibilities. As the Airline is held in high regard, you felt a sense of pride being associated with an Austrlaian Icon.
Pros
Variety, Travel, Uniforms, World Class Training, Safety Professional, Good Wages, Good Conditions.
Cons
Different time Zones, Midnight Flights, Delayed Flights, Disruption to plans, Limited meal choices.
I love working front counter at the airport
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD25 October 2017
Great company to work for, handle delays better than anyone, management very open with communication, very bad a dealing with non performing staff but always ready to praise good working staff
Pros
Job security and staff travel
Cons
Hours you work
Place of Qantas
Fleet Presentation (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 October 2017
Good place to work at but I’m suitable for IT/office type work as that’s where my main focus in career wise is heading, back to qantas, The benefits and all is good everything’s fine besides dealing with drama people but that’s life you get it anywhere you go however it’s jist amazing how the whole system works with your luggage to the plane and how clean the aircrafts become once the customers come off and all it’s a good experience
Pros
Free box of fruit for everyone every fridays
Cons
5 Hours to 7 and a half Hour shifts rotating roster
Challenging work place
Food production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Q - Catering, Melbourne1 October 2017
Being with Qantas for well more than 25 years it was great challenging career.It was not an excellent place to work but company looked after its employees well.
Enormous day to day challenges stressed me out at times, but at the end of the day it was so satisfying that I did the job.
Pros
I built up my career and had the experience of working in a challenging environment
Cons
Non practical software system to rely on
Good enjoy n fun
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Port Hedland WA20 September 2017
Love working with Qantas a lot training to do every months to increase our experiences n knowledge
As customer service in Qantas club as well as check in counter met a lot of people with different characters but enjoyed
Pros
Good facilities
Cons
Enough hours
Loved working for Qantas such a great team
Ramp and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moranbah, Queensland20 September 2017
If you're interested in Aviation you need to apply with Qantas great way to start off and keep going in your new career. Absolutely loved working for them for the past 2 years best people I've met and worked with
Pros
Staff discounts
Staff travel
resource coordinator (Current Employee) –  Perth Airport WA13 September 2017
Great company to work for with good benefits, Is a very stressful and busy environment to work in at times. Many outside influences that impact on the work environment eg: weather, schedules staff sickness & dealing with the public in a fast moving environment. Need to be able to think on your feet and to resolve problems effectively & instantly.
Pros
Staff Travel
Cons
Shift work
Excellent employer
Contact centre consultant (Current Employee) –  Hobart TAS9 September 2017
Flexible employer. Great culture. Reliable and accommodating to its employees. Wonderful job, interesting and fulfilling in every way. Considerate and an equal opportunity employer.
Management have issues
Logistics Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD4 September 2017
You have 10 different managers to report 2 . Was being v told what to do differently 100 times a day just head down and do your job. Don't be in loved in office politics. You won't be doing yourself any favours
Pros
Great pay
Cons
To many cheifs not enough Indians
A good place to work and big company
Aircraft cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 August 2017
Qantas is a big company I doing shift works. They are 2 shifts 7.00am to 3 pm, and 3pm to 11pm. One shifts is about 10 people is fun to work and I worked 13and half years.
Pros
Bring your lunch.
Cons
8 hours a day
You're just a number at Qantaslink
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 August 2017
Like all airlines you are just seen as a number who is a robot to their system. A constant roll over of staff is the norm, I had 5 managers in 3 years. Terrible shift work, long hours and no recognition.
Pros
Staff Travel
Terrible place to work
QGS groundstaff (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 July 2017
There are 2 sets of unions. 1 for the old and 1 for the new. the new get paid less , with less benefits but work harder.
You need to pay $600 for physical , go through an online course (12 subjects) and pass a forklift assessment all on your time. Once you pass all this , they think you will not leave.
You will not be working on aeroplanes , as they say. (this is for the old only) . You will be working mainly in the "mail room' , this is a brain dead job just lifting bags all day.
You will be working every weekend , lucky to get 1 out of every 8 off.
The place has a very bad culture , if you are not Friends or are family of the leading hands you will be subject to all the bad jobs.
They have a very large turn around of staff. Qantas has a really good airline name , and they are taking advantage of this ! If you dont believe me look at the history of their adds. They continually advertise for staff. Management do not listen or care. they say you will work 40hrs , but they are cutting that back to 25hrs. If your still going to go ahead with applying , speak to the interviewers about all of above . They will confirm all is true.
Pros
cheap standby tickets after 6 months of work
Cons
working weekends, bad culture, midnight shifts, unfair practices, two unions
Busy working environment clean working conditions, friendly work colleagues.
Food Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA20 July 2017
This is a fast paced environment your work colleagues are friendly and helpful as is your supervisors. The work place is hygienic and safety endorsed this is an 8hr day with over time available.
Pros
cheap lunches....really cheap.
Cons
there are some staff that have been there for far toooo long like 1/4 of a century.
multicultural organisation
SPECIAL MEALS CATERING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 June 2017
amazing place to work
autonomous work
divided work load
leaves
free meals throughout the day
spacious car park
security in the campus
supportive team leaders
Pros
free lunches
One Big Family
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 April 2017
No day is the same. Every flight is a challenge even if we were flying the same destination over and over again. Everyone is well trained with respect for each and everyone's believe.
Great Job
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD24 April 2017
I litrally love working at the airport, customer focus, fast paced, challanging at time, great team work and ability to keep on learning, would love to return one day defently
Pros
everything its my life
Cons
i had to leave to have a baby
I love NRL and am a keen fisherman
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD18 April 2017
My experience in the workplace, from Qantas to Far North Qld in the Mines, and being Self Employed has been my greatest asset.

Typically my day starts at dawn and ends at dark.
Six days a week.
I thrive under pressure.
Pros
See the world for free.
Cons
Not enough time to go fishing
Qantas Airline
Networking Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 March 2017
Analysing and documenting national infrastructure looking over the online services and making sure everything was running smooth.

I learned to work well with other poeple and respect other culture and enjoyed working with them all.

manage my time was very hard because it was hands on at all time because of the amount of work that had to do every day

working with other in the same field as I
Pros
enjoying working with other in the same field as I
Cons
very long hours
Different and interesting
Food Processor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 March 2017
It was a positive experience trying something different. Chandler were well organised and run. I enjoyed the physical and mental challenges. Learnt a lot about food production and understanding all the WHS procedures along the way
Pros
Enjoyed the energy and callanges with targets and schedules
Cons
A bit kaotic at times