Queensland Government Employee Reviews

not the best enviroment
Cook/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Mareeba QLD23 November 2017
start at 7 prep for next day, start lunch cooking and desserts, I learnt how to manage my time efficiently to be able to get the meals out to their time schedule. was left alone to do my job once management realised I was capable to organise my offsiders and deligated the work where needed.The hardest part of the job was personal satisfaction of what I cooked.The most enjoyable part of the job was comments back from staff after their meal
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
not enough money
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Service Planner (Former Employee) –  Brisbane13 July 2017
I worked for the State Government for over 5 years and loved every minute of it. I worked on a number of different projects in various roles, with staff who were very supportive
Government Jobs
Receptionist/Administration (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 June 2017
Each office is different,
The job has great perks in regards to flexibility with hours, public holidays etc.
Great peers to look up to.
The temporary contracts mean you are always applying for another role
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
Short term contracts
A supportive, healthy work environment with a hard working, warm and engaging team
Project Officer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD2 June 2017
I am blessed to work in an incredibly supportive and engaging team of people who all work hard but always find time in their day to laugh and share humour and all engage with each other in a warm and friendly manner.
Working with elderly people
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane4 February 2017
Enjoyed making a difference and helping the elderly with there day to day chores around there home . I was fortunate to build trust and loyalty with my personal clients that I visited on a fortnightly bases
security and work life balance
School Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Roma QLD30 January 2017
school staff is very professional. they treat me as an important member of the organization. My immediate supervisor is also fair in handling issues related to the job.
Pros
house allowance
Satisfactory
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD31 August 2016
Contracted for one year to a Government Department called Queensland Civil and Administration Tribunal
Office Administration Assistant
A typical day at work would consist of Advanced Computer Skills Data entry skills team meetings book keeping and management directions from start of day morning meetings where Urgent and Non Urgent are determined by date
Pros
Multi-Tasking on a daily basis
Cons
Mountains of Work
Great to learn
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD28 August 2016
Good place to learn about the law and progress into a law career, but I dropped law from university so it wasn't of much interest to me. I was a volunteer and did not earn anything.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
no pay
Personnel carer
School crossing supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hervey Bay QLD14 June 2016
Last year, I began volueerting at a local nursing home. After some time, I've realised this type of work is what i want to do. I have spent some time in the dimentia ward and have assisted in activities with them. I have learnt a lot about myself and discovered I have a passion to care and to make the lives more enjoyable and to put a smile on their faces. I have completed my Certificate 111 in age care and home community care and are in the process of obtaining my first aid certificate. I am seek employment so I can began to support and care for the elderly in my community.
Enjoy working as a School Cleaner
School Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD22 March 2016
I enjoyed working at the school and at Amberley Air Base. A typical day was mostly cleaning and preparing rooms ready for the next day. I learned a lot about disabled children/young adults. My co worker and I could work together when needed and also work independently. Hardest part of the job was having to leave. Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the students and teachers and being satisfied I had done a good job.
Pros
Learnt a lot with disabled people
Cons
Watching the difficuty they had in just doing every day tasks
great place to work
Casual Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD10 February 2016
A Typical day at work is looking after the needs of elderly and mentally/physically unstable patients by assisting them with any daily tasks they require assistance with
such as
bed making
bathing
toileting
dressing
feeding
walking
moving
transferring- bed to chair/ sitting to standing/ chair to bed/
Pros
helping people who need assistance
Cons
the abuse and rudeness of patients
Great Experience
School Based Trainee Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD29 December 2015
I appreciated and value the experience of working in a such a big company. Staff are a very friendly and always understanding.
Fun work environment with friendly staff.
Digital & Social Media Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast, QLD26 December 2015
This review requires 20 words minimum, please disregard this message.
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.
worst work culture ever
housing officer (Former Employee) –  inala22 August 2015
i am a very experieced housing officer and was treated real bad by coworkers and brought this to management attention they did nothing. basically they made me feel so uncomfortable until i made personal choice to resign#untapped talent going elsewhere.
Pros
430pm finish
Cons
work culture
great
Client Side Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Coomera, QLD28 July 2015
Would recommend well structured company. I enjoyed working with the positive team. All the staff were very supportive and helpful.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Sector Funding and Performance Support was a great place to work!
SENIOR PROGRAM OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD Australia19 June 2015
I learned a lot about the Queensland Government funding process and about the way government departments work in general. The team I worked with was pretty amazing and that includes the management.

My co-workers were among the most collaborative people I have ever had the pleasure of working with.

The hardest part of the job was when we would get a request from a Minister because it meant that we would have to stop the business as usual and frantically run around to get the information to the Minister's office - usually within a very short timeframe.

The most enjoyable part of this job was by far the people I worked with - the work was the work - but the people made the work fun and interesting.
Pros
job security, great salary packaging, excellent colleagues
Cons
change of government means change of conditions, high-pressure environment at times
Fun, friendly and hardworking
Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD20 May 2015
Had the priviledge to serve clients with blind and low vision.
Amazing experience with an insight on how it work with around voting time.
Enjoyable part of the Job was working together with a great and friendly team.
If the Oppurtunity was offered to me again i would Accept.
Operations Support Officer at Queensland Government.
Operations Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD11 May 2015
A lot of variety of tasks to do on a monthly basis. Producing reports and journals. Helped support the corporate card unit.
Pros
Good salary for this type of job. Easy work. Set hours 36.5 a week.
Cons
Work culture is terrible and management have no idea what they are doing.
Fun Work Experience
WE (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD15 February 2015
I worked at Disability Services as part of my, unpaid, high school work experience. It was an enlightening experience.
Would think twice before doing this again
Carer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD13 November 2014
Wish the people in charge would listen to concerns about the child being with his/her parent and not take carers for granted.
Pros
Looking after a little person who needs all your love and attention
Cons
being taken for granted, not being listened to