Queensland University of Technology

Queensland University of Technology Employee Reviews

Good place to work, however lack of shifts available.
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 June 2017
Queensland University of Technology gives students the opportunity to learn whilst also working. QUT gives many opportunities including one to get a blue card. However there is a lack of shifts available, meaning this must be held as a side job.
Pros
Hourly Pay
Cons
Unpredicatable Hours
Good empolyer for a broad range of people.
Logistics assistant (Former Employee) –  Kelvin Grove QLD21 April 2017
Qut located at kelvin grove and gardens point is one of the largest university in south east qld and in my role as logistics assistant in the qut mailroom got to know a huge majority of staff working for the university.
Pros
Good pay good work
Cons
Travel to work
Fabulous worklife balance and professional development support and opportunitities
Communications and Events Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 March 2017
I have been luck enough to gain skills and start at a reception level and shift into communications, events and training.

QUT provides its staff with a healthy work life balance and the culture is excellent.

It's also a good choice of employer if you are wanting to progress in your careers as it strongly supports career development through further training and encourages further studies.
Pros
Work life balance & career development
Cons
Pay scale is lower than Government & Permanent jobs are hard to secure.
Great business to experience the real world
Technology Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 March 2017
The business is very good for what its worth in the University frontier. I loved the opportunity in working there and believed it was a great experience of teamwork, and meeting new challenges and expectations.

Management were easy going and great to get along with. So were the other teams in other departments, Staff overall had been building the business into the family orientated structure that seemed to help us all keep moving forward throughout our daily routine.
Pros
Management and staff were wonderful to work with
Cons
Redundancy
Toxic management culture in IT department, but staff great
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelvin Grove9 March 2017
QUT Is struggling to adapt to an evolving educational landscape, in IT, this means ongoing outsourcing, and reorganization. Senior Management are only concerned with their own reputation.
Pros
Being at the cutting edge of technology, working for a not for profit organization, engaging with students, working with great staff
Cons
Senior management lack skills on how to manage transformational change, impact on staff
Enjoyed working in the education sector
Incident Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 February 2017
Engaging working with students and challenging keeping pace with ever changing technology.

Supportive workplace culture but very limited opportunities to change or adapt business initiatives.
Pros
Opportunity to learn and develop new skills
Cons
Limited opportunity for advancement
Great place to work with great people
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 February 2017
I continue to enjoy working for QUT. Once you understand how universities work, then you will be fine. The new Gardens point campus looks amazing and they continue to upgrade it whole Uni.
Variety of tasks
Sessional tutor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, Queensland6 February 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Queensland University of Technology, I was able to reinforce my learning through teaching students different concepts which included Digital and Analogue Electronics.
Wonderful place to work.
LECTURER QUEENSLAND UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Kelvin Grove QLD22 January 2017
Teaching at tertiary level is very satisfying.
My students were amazing and enjoyed learning.
My boss was the best boss I've ever had.
Great workplace culture and very dynamic.
Pros
self directed
Cons
casual
Best
Manager eLearning Services - TILS (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD15 December 2016
QUT offers flexible working arrangements and truly walks the talk. The work in interesting and you genuinely feel a sense that you are helping improve the quality experience for students.
Great opportunities for student involvement through employment
Mentor in PASS Buddy Mentor Scheme (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 November 2016
I am a student at QUT who has also been employed as a casual staff member multiple times in positions that let me help other students and advance my learning potential. A great atmosphere with a lot of autonomy.
Good salary
Accounts Officer and Customer service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD14 March 2016
enjoyed working with customer, also dealing with accounts and help customer out with there complains and day to day life.
Cool Workplace
Client Migration Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane26 January 2016
Started off very busy for i had to change my clients daily work program. Learned to expect challenges of clients not willing to take change. Management was good with our working environment. Enjoyed working with the team members.
Sports Photographer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, Queensland13 October 2015
Excellent, self paced work environment. It came with various challenges from shooting various sports to high profile corporate lauches. The team was very understanding and everyone got along and were able to communicate well with each other.
Stage à l'étranger
Stage de Recherche (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, Australie6 October 2015
• Approfondissement de l’anglais
• Travail au sein d’un laboratoire de recherche
• Autonomie : Gestion du temps et du travail
• Rédaction d’un rapport en anglais et en français et évaluation oral (synthèse bibliographique, analyse de résultats)
my first paid job in Australia which was my best joyful event of my life.
LIBRARY COLLECTION ACCESS ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  QLD19 August 2015
It has a nice active environment. While I am not satisfied with job security and the way panel process applications to be shortlisted.
Both a both rewarding and challenging workplace with many staff benefits.
Data and Systems Administrative Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Gardens Point Campus, Brisbane24 April 2015
Many good benefits on offer, generous salary and salary packaging, career development opportunities. I learned that working within higher education is both rewarding and challenging. The hardest part can be leaving once you have mastered the culture and each day can be enjoyable as you have the opportunity to be your best.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Very structured
Qut
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District, QLD4 April 2015
Meeting new people and imparting to them information with regards to attending university is a great experience as I feel this is a way of investing the future to the younger generation.
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
Unavailable
Ambiente ótimo de trabalho
Auxiliar de projeto em pesquisa (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD9 February 2015
Respeito às diferentes culturas, assistência total ao aluno/pesquisador. Cooperação e integração entre alunos/funcionários. Horários flexíveis de trabalho. Oportunidade de praticar inglês com pessoas de diferentes países.
Great people but micromanaged and poor job security
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 January 2015
As a sessional academic employment is at the whim of unit co-ordinators who favour their own students over experience and dedication.

I have learned valuable skills, interaction with students, learning to adapt teaching practice to students of varying capabilities.

Public speaking/delivering lectures to large groups of students.

The majority of staff are fantastic,
Pros
exciting, dynamic work
Cons
too many middle management positions, overly political atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Queensland University of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

Queensland University of Technology Reviews by Location