Ramsay Health Care Employee Reviews

great team and great medical staff
Security Guard & Sterilization assistant (Current Employee) –  Birtinya QLD18 May 2017
Form commencing work AT Ramsay the people are great to work with as they are always willing to help and assist. There are always keeping staff up to date with any and all information.
very supportive of nursing staff
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WA29 April 2017
A nurturing environment in both learning and the workplace. Management was supportive and helpful. A structured learning program guaranteed excellence in patient care.
Pros
regular breaks
Cons
Great job and social gathering
RN (Former Employee) –  Attadale WA15 April 2017
Great place to work. I had the best time of my life. Excellent management and supportive. I learnt my new skills over there. Hard part over there which i took as lessons I learnt my new skill. I grew so much over there.
Pros
Flexible time and over time
Cons
Loved long hours of work
Poor wrking environment due to constant staff changes, policy changes, and extreme cost-cutting measures.
Registered Nurse Division 1 (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 December 2016
Conveniently located workplace and hours.
Overall, poor working environment as outlined above.
Resignation due to lack of managerial support for staff, and plans to extend hospital into fields I did not wish to work in.
Pros
Convenient location, convenient work hours.
Cons
As outlined above
great team on the floor heavy workload
Enrolled Nurse (Current Employee) –  Joondalup WA20 July 2016
Great co workers
work load to heavy to give the quality of care we as nurses want to give to each patient
Management continually put more on the nurses without any acknowledgment or extra resources to manage increased work load or paper work
Pros
great team on the floor
Cons
work load unrealistic some shifts
management
Catering Assistant (Permanent Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Benowa QLD19 June 2016
i felt that there was never any encouragement to go further within the organisation. I would have liked to been able to explore other avenues of this company.
Productive and fun place to work
Registered Nurse Division 1 (Current Employee) –  Donvale VIC10 May 2016
A typical day includes talking to patients and other health pro
fessionals, co-ordinating their day and keeping them pain-free and encouraging independence.
My co-workers are mostly supportive and fun.
The hardest part of the job is being casual and moving around.
The best part of the job is forming relationships with patients.
Pros
Education sessions and good food
Cons
shiftwork
Patient care is prioritised
Ward Admin Officer-Permanent (Current Employee) –  Mandurah WA5 April 2016
I enjoy working there, however, I feel at times, Management avoid requests for further employment. Obviously all budget related.
Pros
Work peers, department acknowledgement from Management
Cons
Lack of opportunties to advance.
Repetitive
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  St Kilda Road VIC20 March 2016
Very repetitive work, but great people and atmosphere. Very lenient bosses as well as a long lunch breaks. The hardest part of the job was probably double checking everything, the easiest part was putting values into the computer.
my co-workers
Chef in charge (Current Employee) –  Hunters Hill, NSW28 September 2015
its good place work. there are nice people around the place which from different part of world. we work as team. its feel likes home there.
Care of diverse range of patients
Endorsed Enrolled Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gateshead Newcastle17 September 2015
Carry out general nursing duties, Many areas of care requiring continual education which management are always promoting and active in maintaining.
With such a wide range of patient needs I sometimes feel I may not have fulfilled my job in some areas, though with team nursing it is satisfying to know my co worker has been there and I can rely on them.
I always feel i have accomplished my days work to the best of my ability and my knowledge and experience is always on offer to the junior staff.
Pros
Fun nights, good work environment
Cons
Plenty of overtime on offer
Very busy environment at this hospital. Staff are supportive and poss a keen work sense
Registered Nurse - Division 2 (Current Employee) –  Windsor, Vic3 August 2015
Typical day in scrub /scout being organised is key to a successful operating session.
This position is ever changing with new products and procedure techniques.
My evening management staff are great communicators and co-workers are skilled.
Hardest part of the job is, having adequate instrumentation and consumables, as storage is an issue.
Learning new ideas is a great part of the job.
Having a good working relationship with co- workers and immediate persons in the work place.
Pros
regular hours.
Cons
Safe car parking.
Health Care
Occupational Health & Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Mandurah9 July 2015
Managing all the health and safety queries including injury management of all staff.

Really bad executive culture, large amount of bullying and very little support of staff.
Pros
Free Lunch, great staff
Cons
long hours no support
I enjoy my position with Ramsay Health and like the Company
Endorsed Enrolled Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast, QLD23 May 2015
I enjoy my position in the day surgery, we have to have good time management skills, I enjoy talking to the different patients when they come in for their admission. It is good to see them after their procedure. The hardest part of the job is when the patient doesnt get a good outcome. Working in a small environment is enjoyable but you have to learn to deal with different personalities as well.
Pros
Working with a team a bit more of a relaxed environment at times
Cons
Sometimes staff members can be difficult to work with.
Micromanaged
Team Leader/Customer Liaison Officer (Former Employee) –  St Leonards24 January 2015
Micromanaged and unable to get proper training. Can be quite hard to do work as not supported by Team Leader. Expected to learn as you go along.
Pros
N/a
Supported environment
AIN (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast, QLD18 November 2013
Pindara was a really rewarding and supportive environment to work in. I had the opportunity to work with some fantastic professionals and witnessed real care provided to patients. I was proud to be apart of the team and worked hard to provide a good standard of care for the patients. My day consisted of basic ADLs and patient cares. Transferring patients to other facilities or home was a regular occurrence.
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Restricted hours available
Very friendly and happy place to work
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Noosaville, QLD8 October 2013
A typical day at work for me as Front Office Manager always had many different elements ranging from - Staffing requirements, IT issues, general trouble shooting, rosters, patient contact, liaising with other hospital managers, submitting reports and general office duties.
Have a wonderful team constantly working towards a high work ethic and a good moral ensured a high work through put and general wellbeing in the office.
As a manager the one big lesson I learned was that my staff didn't care how much I knew, they only wanted to know how much I cared, and cared about them. Once they knew that, they would bend over backwards to meet hospital set requirements (KPI targets) and seek to have all shifts and bases covered when the need arose.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the 'troubleshooting' aspect with my team members. I love thinking on my feet and being able to find pathways for best possible outcomes. Areas for troubleshooting included: customer service, staffing issues, rosters, IT issues, printer problems and general office requirements.
The hardest part of my job was to put all processes and procedures onto paper. This area required more discipline and commitment from me to get the job done, but once I started and gained momentum, the rest came easy.
The hospital management is fantastic. My managers were approachable and easy to work for and with. Working with and open door policy, they assisted and helped where they could and would encourage managers to come up with new ideas for streamlining work processes and implementing them.
A big focus at the hospital
  more... was on teamwork and ownership.  less
Pros
Staff BBQs, free parking, great managers
Cons
Little scope for career advancement in administration