Red Rooster Employee Reviews

My experiance
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berwick VIC20 November 2017
Honestly really loved the people and the job I had to do the only thing letting it down was the main boss and the low pay. I made so many great friends.
Pros
friends, experiance
Cons
boss, unfair dismissal
Very fun and rewarding job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Forrestfield WA 605819 November 2017
I enjoyed my time working at red rooster, I had great managers and colleagues. My job was fun and always rewarding, receiving great customer feedbacks.
Productive and fun workplace to work
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Stafford QLD15 November 2017
Red rooster is a fun productive workplace that I believe benefits for all young students in Brisbane to help them gain some experience in work and to motivate them.
Pros
30 min Breaks
Delicious
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD15 November 2017
The food was delicious at Red Rooster, everyone was always productive on site. The pay was terrible though, I was only getting 22 dollars a week and I was working four hours a week.
Pros
Great food for lunch
Cons
Terrible pay, bad hours
Kitchen Hand/Cashier/Crew trainer (Current Employee) –  Mirrabooka WA9 November 2017
A typical day at work involves carrying out daily proceeds such as cleaning the store to exceptional standards for customer. Stocking the products. Packing and unpacking of products. Dealing with customers whether on the phone or in person. Management at red rooster is really good because everyone work together to make the company better each day
Red Rooster
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cairns North QLD7 November 2017
Red Rooster is a heathy alternative to fast food and a great catering option for your next even...the staff are friendly and promt and the food is delicious
Pros
Good hours great work condition
Good job for casual workers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Summer Hill NSW6 November 2017
Typically learn quite a lot in the job with skills on how to work a cash register/handle cash, how to deal with customers/ make the customer experience pleasant. Management can be quite poor, depending on the store where my experience with management has been as pleasant because my managers can come out quite rude to be honest. Some staff members are unpleasant to work with and typically as you get older, the more pricey you get and your hours get cut down. The job is mainly suitable for under 16years but they like to take advantage of you sometimes (overworked me when i was 15 years)
Pros
Made some great friends there
Cons
Not much flexibility sometimes, management is quite poor
High pressure workplace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst VIC2 November 2017
High pressure environment where shifts are not secure and younger people keep getting hired but cannot keep up with pressure. Although fun socially, most of the time we are understaffed and communication between day and night teams is not handled well
Adequate and simple starter role
Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT31 October 2017
A typical day involved arriving in a timely manner and going right into the daily preparation. Unlike other fast food restaurants, the focus lies in how efficient I performed my role. The manager would step in when things become too flooded, but for the large part, there is a reliance on the line cook (they call it a food preparation assistant) to be on top of everything.

The atmosphere with the right people is positive and vibrant, but with most of the employees being far younger than I was, there was a disconnect and I could not relate to them.
First job
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mareeba QLD30 October 2017
This was my first ever job, it started off well but when the management changed a lot of people left and got replaced quickly, I enjoyed the work place but it got to the point where the manager was just a bully.
Pros
Good food, knew how to do everything
Cons
The new manager
Relatively quiet workplace, lots of things to do, however.
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Box Hill North VIC20 October 2017
When I first started there, I didn't receive any formal training, only some help from the other employees. You're expected to learn quickly, but employees are still supportive. I learned interesting skills like cutting a chicken, making a tight wrap and preparing food very quickly. The first couple of days were hard, I felt lost and unfamiliar, but after a few shifts, you start to get the hang of it.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Harsh management
Good workplace with decent team mates
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cannon Hill QLD 417019 October 2017
Glad I had the opportunity to work there while i was in school.
Fast paced but enjoyable.
Learnt better customer service skills
Diverse culture
Worst part of the job: Rushes
Most enjoyable: Staff
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Melton VIC18 October 2017
a typical day at working at RedRooster would consist on Cleaning, Customer service and Stock take.
I gained skills on customer service and communicating with customers better.
Worked hard and consistently around good people
kithenhand (Former Employee) –  2 lyton St Blacktown NSW 214816 October 2017
Working at Red Rooster i was able to acquire the skills to manage stressful situations as things got busy in the kitchen and problem solving as technical difficulties or injuries (very rare occasions) arose. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and working with them as friends. The hardest part of the job would be the stressful situations where something doesn't go right, but those situations are quickly dealt with.
Pros
people that i met there
Cons
the stress
It was mostly enjoyable but had its faults
Casual worker (Current Employee) –  Notting Hill VIC9 October 2017
The main reason the business was good was because they had a great culture and also great people but unfortunately don't have the funds to maintain everyone's needs when it comes to
Hours.
Pros
Good breaks as easy access to good and drinks
Cons
Had to pay for drinks and food and sometimes hours would be cut for no reason
great plave for your first job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Perth WA7 October 2017
fun place to work taking orders and making them up. great place to learn customer service. job entitled cash handling, food prep, stocking fridge and cleaning duties
A fun and productive workplace.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD5 October 2017
Its like a giant family, everyone is friends and gets along great. We all work hard together to make sure things run smoothly for the whole team. The company is always improving its menu and making it easier on staff.
Pros
always meeting new interesting people
Cons
cant stop eating chips
would not recommend working here
Multi Skilled Carer (Former Employee) –  Morwell VIC3 October 2017
majority of the staff are treated unfairly often only get one 2 hour shift a week. untrustworthy management that often play favorites. the first couple of moths working there were fine but after a while it goes down hill. only want to roster on 15 year olds because "17 year olds cost to much" leading people out of a job
Enjoyable workplace for a new person to working
Kitchen Hand/Preparation (Former Employee) –  Deception Bay QLD1 October 2017
As a first job, it was a great experience. meeting lots of new people, seeing the types of people around my region of work. and making new friends with the employees, and on the job.
Pros
Free Dinner
Cons
Very Repetitive
productive.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pakenham VIC29 September 2017
I learnt to count money before and after shift. closing and opening the store.
great team leading skills. great environment, everything was enjoyable
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
rude customers