Red Rooster Employee Reviews

i got a job here
Kitchen Hand/Cook (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSW21 February 2018
when working here all the dishes weren't cleaned correctly and when i tried to clean them properly i got fired because i was to slow.................................
not happy
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Haven NSW19 February 2018
fired me due to not getting my work rooster i tried explaining to them and they wouldn’t tell me what days i was working always giving me the wrong day and time & then yelling at me after trying to fix it
Great but fast paced
Kitchen Hand/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 February 2018
This job at red rooster is really good for someone who keeps a cool head under stress if you like taking your time getting a job done this isn't for you all day is order after order but very rewarding at the end of the day where you get leftovers and great store discount. One of best things about this job was the delivery part great way meet people if your social other than just great place gotta have a rhythm though with your team mates
Pros
Mad discount
Cons
Bad manager
Its alright
Kitchenhand / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Deer Park VIC19 February 2018
Not the best place to aork with as they are very strict and would rather do something wrong in 5 minutes rather then do it right in 10 and jsaying anything is pointkess
Very fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bass Hill NSW17 February 2018
Great experience , very healthy and hygienic . Many skills can be learned from working here. Great working team, hardworking, team work & overall and fun working space
Fast Paced work environment
Cook/Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Derrimut VIC13 February 2018
a typical day at work would involve being in the kitchen at this fast food restaurant. i learnt skills in the hospitality industry and the process of using kitchen equipment, in regards to cleanliness and safety.
productive fast paced and great for a first job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Emu Plains NSW12 February 2018
Red rooster is amazing to work for if you are a first time job seeker.
Working at red rooster gave me the ability to learn how to work in fast paced environment gave me a taste on how to deal with customer complaints and work in a team and by myself.
The managers I had at the time were amazing and encouraging and helped me pick up my self esteem and self confidence.
Being quiet natured I was not prepared for the customer abuse I would cop it is quiet intimidating when you have never been through that before but now being an adult I can handle these situations now.
Great workplace, supportive, however hours were cut for store
Multi-Skill (Former Employee) –  Victoria7 February 2018
Fun and enjoyable workplace, generally supportive co-workers and managers. However frequent shift shortenings and cuts made by the franchisee to reduce labour costs lead to short staffing frequently. The store also went into liquidation as the franchisee was not making enough money and no longer wanted to work with RR, which is unfortunate as I was about to begin manager/shift supervisor training.
was a fun place to work and good people
Multi skill (Former Employee) –  Reservoir VIC6 February 2018
The culture was good as was only a small store and everyone got on together. managers were like everyday people and got on with them aswell. overall good job
Hardest part of the job
Cashier and Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Thornlie WA5 February 2018
The hardest part of the job is when the management know it’s going to be a busy day and they only roster of one cashier. And that cashier has to do all the jobs by themselves.
Pros
Some are good to get along with
Cons
Hiring more staff and not giving the staff they have hours
Not Impresedd
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Kelmscott WA4 February 2018
The Managers are rude, they eat from the fries station, they dont follow proper OH&S, they dismissed me the day after i turned 20.
other than they treated me accordingly, had minimal training
Pros
half price food
Cons
managers dont follow oh&s
Productive yet fun workplace
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Burleigh Waters QLD30 January 2018
On a typical workday, I am greeted by the smiling faces of my friends/colleagues. There is a comradery shared by those working. The downside was the management/ ownership, as an employee i felt undervalued. Overtime hours were not paid (at all) and as workers we expected to do more than physically possible within an allotted time-slot. Not being paid overtime, staff were expected to stay back without pay- not doing so would result in a loss of shifts.
good part time job
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edwardstown SA27 January 2018
fast paced part time job, decent rate of pay, fun environment to work in, always plenty of shifts to go around, potential for growth into management positions.
Boring
Cashier and Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Orange NSW19 January 2018
Gets boring at most times and a lot of people talking behind others backs. Constantly cutting hours to save money so the owner can go on her four annual holidays.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Marrara NT18 January 2018
Fun place to work with equal opportunities for all staff to swap and change rolls with the appropriate training.
Plenty of training and support provided and great people to work with.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
smell like the place when you leave work
Good work place
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW17 January 2018
Pros

- Competitive compensation
- Excellent organizational leadership, passion, and culture
- Programs really make a difference in the students' lives

Cons

Any new site comes with some growing pains and so we are still figuring some things out as we go. Could use a little more direction or "best practices" from other sites or leadership. But again, these things come with any new sites!
Great atmosphere and friendly staff
KITCHEN HAND/ CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD15 January 2018
working at red rooster. has given me good skills and built my confidence within my own abilities. and your warmly welcomed into the team and have had a good time being there
Pros
making new mates
Cons
I love working for redrooster
Multi skilled, Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Driver WA13 January 2018
This is the only job i have had where i actually want to get to work in the mornings, the people I work with are amazing and my boss is very understanding if i have to take the day off because my son is sick.
A productive and fun work environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Booval QLD13 January 2018
Redrooster is a productive workplace, every staff member is hard working and fast at there job. Managers are sometimes really rude and intend to always yell at you when it’s not necessary.
productive workplace
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  St Clair NSW11 January 2018
staff there are friendly and the job is easy going. would recommend for someone who likes the heat as it is hot in the kitchen. staff were like a big family and made the workplace fun.
Pros
flexible hours, discounts
Cons
night shift and weekend shifts