Red Rooster Employee Reviews

Great Environment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Bayswater VIC16 September 2017
Great staff and a very positive workplace environment. There has been no issues with any aspect of my employment and continue to love working there. The Roost is life
productive and exciting workplace
Cashier Ect (Former Employee) –  Sunshine VIC14 September 2017
working with red rooster gave me a boost of confidence, i thoroughly enjoyed working along side my team members. learning new skills and developing friendships and gaining more opportunities to excel in a work environment .
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
shift changes
Productive and friendly work environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Emerton NSW13 September 2017
I enter the workplace on time, get everything prepared, lead my co - workers on what to do and train new workers. I have learned all work stations in the kitchen hand and also have learnt cashiering as well delivery driving. The workplace culture is amazing where everyone is just friendly people. The hardest part of the job is where manage 4 things at once especially being fast paced work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is closing of all the stations in the kitchen as it is stress free.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Non stop work and less breaks
Bad experience
Crew Member (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Oakleigh VIC11 September 2017
Management were very inconsiderate about the schedules and personal life of the workers. They were also unfair with the equality among the workers/
Very tiring experience working with them.
not the best
Customer Service/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Roxburgh Park VIC11 September 2017
had a very hard time working at red rooster as i got bullied for my nationality many times and got bullied by the managers too and just chose to ignore it all
Pros
Cons
no shifts
easy going atmosphere
All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Kempsey NSW5 September 2017
Good pay and not much hard work, occasionally busy during 12pm and 6pm for lunch and dinner.

Easy work space and equipment was easy to use, pay was great.
Pros
50% off food and drinks
Cons
driving company car around kempsey at night
just for an experince
Consistent customer service (Former Employee) –  Kallangur QLD5 September 2017
I have learned how to use computer cash register, packing and doing boxes, food preparation, making wraps
dealing with customers
being organized and always wearing uniform
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours no payments
the work place
Casual (Former Employee) –  Perth WA29 August 2017
even though i had only worked at red rooster for a short amount of time, ive learned how to handle cashier as it was my first job and also how to speak to customers in an appropriate way.
Pros
discounts
Customer Service
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD28 August 2017
Was kept busy and was a easy environment to work in, it would be a roller coaster of a day at around 11:30am- 1pm we wouldnt stop taking orders and making food and then until about 5pm we were just looking for things to do as it was so quiet with the occasional customer.
Shepparton Red Rooster
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC25 August 2017
Shepparton Red Rooster is an unfriendly and unsupported workplace. in my time working there I felt as if I wasnt a important member of the team. my shifts would be set at the start of the week and once would organise my week around those shifts they would either be taken away from me or changed without notice leaving me clueless as to when i would be working next. if i were not to show up to a shift i didnt know i was meant to to attend it would be my fault as to being late when i was not informed to the change of roster. my overall time at red rooster was unpleasant and i wouldnt recommenced working at red rooster shepparton.
A great place to work. Some workers were rude, but over all was a great experience
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boyne Island QLD23 August 2017
I leant to do paper work and computer work, manage a store, and sort out a fire that occurred. The hardest part of the job was the flexibility of work hours. The enjoyable part was meeting new people and working
Pros
Meeting new people and loved the work
Cons
Long hours and no days off
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Perth WA22 August 2017
Management at Red Rooster was the best part of working, they were very nice and made the days better. With free drinks and sometimes donuts. The hours were difficult as i was studying full time whilst working on weekends
Pros
Busy
Positive Productive Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD14 August 2017
Red Rooster was a fantastic first Job as a Teenager and i was able to grow and develop my skills to assist in my future career choice. Its such a fun, fast paced environment
Starter
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Springvale VIC9 August 2017
Very well for a start up job if people are willing to gather some experience and earn money to save up for school fees or small luxury items such as clothing but not really as good for a long term job.
High pace and high stress environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carlton NSW8 August 2017
I have not worked at Red Rooster for about 3 years so I'm not sure what the management and work life is like today. From what I've heard there is a new management in place and the working conditions have improved dramatically.
Average place to work - great for those starting out
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 August 2017
Depending on the store you are hired in management can suck, and sometimes arent as supportive as they can be, there are a few diamonds in the rough though. Super flexible place to work so its great for students and those in uni as its really easy to pick yur hurs. Pay sucks pretty much just like all fast food environments but you do tend to get very close with the other staff members and make great friends.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay and lack of support from higher up
Fun and enjoyable job.
Kitchen Hand/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Blackwater QLD7 August 2017
I worked with Red Rooster when I was between other jobs, I was employed as a kitchen hand and customer service assistance.
I would start at 9am every morning and work until 4.
So I was there in the mornings to prep for the day - Making Rooster Rolls, getting the fridges stocked and ready to go. Making sure the front of the store was clean before we opened.
Setting up the food stations, cutting up salads, making sure oil was cleaned and ready to go.
I had a great team I worked with who helped me transition into this role, trained me in every aspect so I could be left on my own to do the jobs required.

The hardest part of the job was trying not to have Red Rooster for lunch everyday and putting on weight.
Every now and then you would also get an irate customer through, but talking to them calmly and solving the issue always helped the customer walk out with a smile.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Going home covered in grease and smelling like food every day
alright
Back of house (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 August 2017
Inconsistent hours and was often called on to cover for others.
Pay was below minimum. Was classified as part time even though I was to be casual. OHS not up to standard.
In dire need of reliable staff.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bendigo VIC27 July 2017
this workplace is understaffed, and is stubbornly being kept understaffed and undermanaged, and many of the new workers are under trained, in haste to get them working full shifts on their own. in DESPERATE need of managers.
Pros
all the workers are pretty nice and easy going.
Cons
often understaffed, and sold out of products on a daily basis.
Great work place
kitchenette (Former Employee) –  Victoria25 July 2017
Fun place to work once you get to know the people expected to do as told and gets you ready for any type of job. Give yous a good idea of what is expected when you are applying for a job and gives great experience for young workers looking for more experience