Reece Group Employee Reviews

Great Place to Start
ASBA (Former Employee) –  Qld13 December 2017
- great relationships on offer!
- if you join in grade 11, you must be finished by graduation (even tho it's a 2yr course....)
- great staff (usually)
- get an awesome sample of the 'real world' during holidays if you out-do yourself
- amazing outcomes whether you stay or go,
Stay: comfortable job
Go: valuable life lessons and skills will carry you through to your next job!
Pros
Personally, great manager experience
Cons
Expectations of some; both employees & customers
up side down pyramid/ top heavy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queensland14 November 2017
It like religious cult, that has lost control. The CEO and owners do not care for the hard working people who work for them. It all for their wallets and no care at all.They like to preach to the workers but do not stand by it or practice what they preach. NO HEART in this company.
Pros
Very good systems in place to keep total control.
Cons
which has 10 commandment you as a worker must follow. Doesn't apply to the owners or managers.
Having a good time while working and what i dint like about it
APPRENTICE (Current Employee) –  Glebe NSW23 October 2017
About Reece
Every day I come to work I always have a good feeling when I come in because it's a friendly environment.
But this Apprentice I have from school is not really in my interest cause I will sometimes have a hard time with the customers because of the supplies we have that I don't really know.
but I'm still learning.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Still learning cause not really in my interest
Easy and fluid place to work - autonomy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warana QLD24 July 2017
Exciting place to work because I was then working with art which is a passion of mine and with people I really liked; it was close to home and I could wear what I liked
Pros
Easy work / life balance
Cons
None really
Very productive and fiendly workplace.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 June 2017
Reece is a large company that truly makes you comfortable and safe in a workplace. Amazing staff, friendly environment and steady and safe work. Truly a workplace any hands on person would enjoy.
Good company to work for
Delivery driver, Storeman (Former Employee) –  Maryborough QLD, among others.20 June 2017
Don't ever work in a rural store, they're a dead end. Especially Maryborough Qld. I worked in 7 different stores, and it was the only REALLY bad one. And now it's worse due to the problem staff member being promoted to manager. (Everyone else left, and nobody else wanted the job)
Pros
The company itself really looks after their staff
Cons
They do try to tell you what to think.
Excellent Work Place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland VIC7 June 2017
Excellent Work Place. I really enjoyed the challenge and also the opportunity to progress within the company. It was a challenge being in a country area, having to know a lot about all areas of the business. ie irrigation, HVAC etc.
Excellent training, rewarding
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA9 April 2017
Every day you would be doing something new. Personal growth and experience from internal training enable me to achieve a management promotion within a few years. I was faced with a different challenge on a daily basis which was very rewarding and kept you highly motivated. Enjoyed working within a team as you would complement each other in achieving goals.
Pros
great reward incentives
Cons
long hours, after hour call outs
Terrible, slave trade
Driver (Former Employee) –  Queensland9 March 2017
Literally the worst company I have ever worked for. Just so many things wrong. High expectations for little pay. Hypocritical "boys club" that just makes you hate life
Pros
Not starving
Cons
High workload for teeny pay
Overworked and underpaid
Driver (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 February 2017
Reece expect a lot from their employees with little financial reward.
Expect to be a driver, counter hand and everything else in between. Also, management want you to be there early before your shift starts and you will quite often finish past your official end time without overtime being paid. They've never paid me overtime yet since I've worked there in almost a year.
Even when you are legitimately sick, you almost feel guilty for taking a day off, because when one person is away, it puts extra pressure on the rest of the staff to pick up the slack.
Pros
Potential bonus
Cons
See review
Productive workplace with great environment and with fusball
IT Business Service Desk Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Burwood VIC11 January 2017
Working at Reece was fun, enjoyable and rewarding, it used to be very busy but very educative and keeps you on your toes. The management was very friendly and are always ready to listen and help you and guide you the same goes with the colleagues. The place was fantastic very good work place.

At Reece I acquired knowledge and experience across various IT departments, the most enjoyable part of the job was the job itself and the most hardest part of the job was quitting the job at Reece.

My overall experience at Reece was phenomenal and most importantly I had the job satisfaction and felt good about working for such a big and wonderful organisation.
Pros
Free lunches, games, friendly people
Cons
coffee machine used to stop working now and then
productive work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Oak Flats NSW3 May 2016
I was impressed with the work culture and the friendly staff , If circumstances were different i would be happ togo back and work for the reece team
Pros
great hours and pay
Enjoyable
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 March 2016
Great people, great culture, team work, great office facilities, team building exercises, Annual dept function, great colleagues, study options,
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Far from home
great as a year 11 and 12 part time job
Sales/ administration representative (Former Employee) –  Templestowe, VIC31 January 2016
this was my first job while studying at high school and working at Reece plumbing gave me great knowledge of plumbing parts and good customer service skills and sale skills.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
bad salary
average
sales,driver, inwards goods (Current Employee) –  Echuca, VIC5 December 2015
good job security not a bad job ordinary pay, work long hours. Good company benefits and discounts. Can do a lot of traveling
Pros
job security
Cons
pay, worklife balance
Great company to work for ,flat management style,little management interfering if targets where met
STORE MANADER (Former Employee) –  Albany WA24 November 2015
After reviewing previous days sales(reports) set plans to grow business (targets ,new business) ensure assistant manager could run day to day operations
Maintain company policy

Learn to run a business,maintain growth profit margins,set goals,manage staff

The greatest challenge staff discipline

The business rewarded generously and we shared
Rewards with all staff
Pros
Salary. Bonuses(profit share)
Cons
Long hours and stress
left to see other parts of the industry
Manager (Former Employee) –  melbourne28 September 2015
A days work was typically 10-11 hours in all aspects of management from putting the key in the door to locking up and in between making sure the store is run in a profitable, secure and friendly manner. Control all staff and stock and invoice control. Nurture staff to ensure the chance of promotion keep stocks of capable staff available for same. This work requirement was the same at Mitre10 and Hudsom Building Supplies
Pros
Chance of promotion
Friendly environment
Counter Hand & Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clarkson, WA20 September 2015
A variety of tasks involved in each day's work, from serving customers to maintaining the warehouse.

Customer service skills and an expertise in plumbing supplies have developed. Time management has definitely excelled in this role with the management of branch deliveries.

The management are friendly and easy to get on with, can go to them with confidence in supporting personal issues as well as professional.

All employees at this workplace are friendly and very easy to get along with. They all help each other out if any issues or challenges that are too demanding occur.

The work is tedious and boring, can feel intimidated a lot by the trade customers. Feel like all energy has been sucked out at the end of a working week.
The days drag out so long making you not want to return the following day.

The enjoyable part of this workplace is being able to utilise the technology to achieve sales and working alongside a great team.
Pros
Amazing staff to work with
Cons
Tedious Work
productive due to customers
Sales Consultant/branch manager (Former Employee) –  Townsville, QLD16 July 2015
follow reeces list of commandants
customer service
some of your co workers are really good some go walk about between diffrent departments of a multi site
there is good management and there is bad
Pros
cake on birthday
Data entry
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Burwood13 June 2015
To be able to use my data entry skills and also my communication skills to work in a team environment. The experience I learnt I was able to take on further in my work life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reece Group. Our community is ready to answer.