RMIT University Employee Reviews

Complex and challenging environment, with great colleagues
Senior Manager, Communications (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 January 2018
Working at RMIT brings you into contact with a wide range of amazing people with great stories to tell. It's also an issues-rich environment that keeps you on your toes.
Still caught in the 50s
Office of Academic Registrar Group (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC17 January 2018
There are some fantastic people there. The portfolio I worked in lacked leadership from the top down. People management and professional development in particular was poor. The group did not exhibit the values it publishes. There did not seem to be a focus/commitment on where the organisation is heading.
Pros
salary
Cons
lack of leadership, poor people management, lack of consistency
education place
Student (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 December 2017
Good education environment. excellent staff with amazing teaching skills. good facilities. Good working culture.
friendly atmosphere. good management.
Pros
good education culture
Cons
great place with excellent research environment
Research assistant (casual) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne13 November 2017
It was an excellent experience to work as a research assistant in RMIT University. The laboratory staff and my supervisors were very supportive and helpful.
Exciting project, reinvogorating the CBD Campus
Project Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC16 October 2017
An amazing project, delivering the New Academic Street redevelopment project to the campus community. New, brave and exciting a great team environment
Friendly and energetic place to work
RMIT Connect Concierge (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 October 2017
in a typical day, I will greet and students and put them in ques to resolve any concern. If the concerns can be resolved with my assistance, then I'll do it.
I get encouragement and appreciation from my employer for doing a good job and get positive feedback too.
Productive and fun workplace
Makeup artist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 September 2017
Being the makeup artist for RMIT University was a fantastic experience for me. I'd recommend it for anyone, whom wants to get great experience in makeup.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
salary
Productive and fun workplace
Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 August 2017
An excellent and successful environment to work in. A typical day at work involves helping students with the particular area that they are struggling with, answer questions.
Vibrant and energetic work environment.
Library Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 July 2017
A very satisfying work environment helping students launch their careers by guiding them through their learning objectives. A friendly and supportive culture with a professional focus.
Pros
Satisfying working environment and great energy.
Cons
Sometimes you might not agree with the direction, but the organisation is so big your opinion isn't valued quite as much.
Nice enviroment - Profesional management
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC5 July 2017
Working during night sometimes can be hard, but cleaning for GJK at RMIT University is a good experience since I could show my skills and knoledge. I could teach others how to do things well, and how important is stay alert at every single detail.
Pros
Good payment - Friendly staff and supervisors
Cons
No smoko.

Want to know more about RMIT University?

Ask a question
great workplace
Research Technincal Officer (Current Employee) –  Bundoora VIC15 June 2017
Challenging and great environment to learn. Learned and improved a range of laboratory skills, which consequently improved my confidence not only at work, but in every day life too.
A really great place to work
Student Wellbeing Advisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 June 2017
Enjoyed the challenges working for a great institution such as RMIT. The role had me working with both local and international students and across various disciplines. My career path was planning, therefore the change
Very friendly and professional
Engineering and Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 April 2017
Very friendly and professional environment with good support for students and staff.

Every year review the coursed to make sure give proper and high quality education.
Fun and Productive
Customer Service and Administration (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 March 2017
Extremely great workplace. Colleagues are amazing and fun to work with. I learnt a lot of skills throughout this job. They were extremely thorough with training.
Workplace bullying is prominent.
Various Academic Administration positions (Former Employee) –  Melbourne CBD20 February 2017
Senior Management in the College of Business are probably the most unprofessional people I had the mispleasure of working for. All trying to outdo each other and making it unbearable for those working for them.

Other areas of the University seem to be a much nicer environment.
Pros
Nice rooftop area for staff
Cons
Toxic working environment
Great working place with really lovely co-workers
SCHOLARSHIPS ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 February 2017
Great working place with really lovely co-workers
As a student working on a casual basis, I also got a lot of support from full-time staff
Serious working ethnic but I don't feel stressed at all
RMIT University
Solution Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 December 2016
A little behind the coprorate businesses in terms of process and practices, but a good place to work with a lot of opportunities for growth and improvement
Great people
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC13 November 2016
As a large organisation RMIT can provide some different experiences. The majority of my time at RMIT was very fulfilling.
Proactive, Fun, Interactive, Informative workplace
Event Staff (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 September 2016
Working with skillful and fun loving workmates is the part of this job. Excellent time management and team coordination are key skills required for this job. Co-workers are young highly motivated, very helpful, polite, happy and hard working individuals. Working under restricted time-frame get hard sometimes. Every part of this job is fun and enjoyable.
Pros
Motivated and fun loving co-workers
Cons
A very challenging work place
Teacher/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC31 August 2016
Very supportive, fun and positively challenging work place. With opportunities for professional development and career advancement.With a good working culture.
Pros
career development