Royal Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Senior Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, AU30 August 2017
I really enjoyed working as a social worker at RCH. The staff were all friendly and helpful, management was great and there was a lot of support. The entire team of social workers and my independent teams in areas of the hospital were great co workers.
Pros
Lots of advancement, paid research opportunities
Fun workplace
Volunteer in assisting families (Current Employee) –  Parkville VIC7 August 2017
As a volunteer I really enjoy my time at the Royal Children's hospital. I enjoy spending time with work colleagues during the shift and interacting with the patients in the wards.
excellent
Intern (Current Employee) –  Parkville VIC14 June 2017
i got really good experince during my internship. i got really good practical experience. The staff is really good and helpful. i have learnt good skills
diversity culture, friendly staffs
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 June 2017
Helping account officer to enter and check data.They are friendly and willing to correct my mistake. I have learned about how professional environment, communication. I have 1-hour lunch break and the kitchen is nice with fully equipped with dishes, cups, cuttlery, coffee, tea, milk. The hardest thing is sometimes my manager is out of office, hence I have to note all my misunderstanding and keep working with another people. I love warmly atmosphere there, nobody is treated equally either new employment or internship.
Volunteer Work
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 May 2017
Rewarding experience, with no pay due to the fact it is 100% volunteer. Am awaiting to commence my volunteer work in mid June and looking forward to it
Professional and friendly working environment
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 April 2017
Working at a hospital can be very busy and taxing to say the least, yet the Royal Children's Hospital provides an excellent working environment, making even a hospital seem enjoyable. The countless staff are so incredible nice and friendly, making it very easy to communicate and work with other people.
Creative and fun place to work
Project Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia7 January 2017
I worked at RCH through a casual position so much of what I experienced may be different. With that said, the way I was treated even as a casual employee was with complete respect and confidence I have to imagine a full time position would be similar. The atmosphere of the hospital allows both an ability to feel part of something important while also being relaxed and fun. You're in an environment tailored for people with fast food and restaurant options, a grocery store, and much in between.
Pros
Tax benefits
Fun and flexible workplace
Infant hearing screener (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 January 2017
Great place to work. Staff are great. Good job for mothers with school aged kids as you can work the school hours. It's a part time job, so it has a good work/home life balance. Can work at different hospitals that are closest to home. Staff help out when required.
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
Pay could be better
productive working environment where I got the practical knowledge of accounting.
Juni (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 December 2016
The place where I got practical experience of accounting. Great friendly and learning environment, I had an experience once where I had difficulty in reconciling and I was running late as I was to submit the work before the end of the shift, I ask my co-worker that I was not able to find the error and I am running late, that was a busy time, still my co-worker help me out in detail. I really appreciate his input.
Royal Children's Hosptial Charity
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne South East VIC7 December 2016
Working as a volunteer for the Royal Children's Hospital collection is a valuable experience. It is a rewarding job which demonstrates my passion to help young children who are suffering from illnesses which are affecting their lives. I learnt good communication skills which is an essential skill to acquire in many jobs.
Pros
Helping sick children/Small shifts
Cons
A pleasure to be involved in such a great program
Newborn Infant Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC2 October 2016
It has been a pleasure to be involved in such a wonderful program. My hours suited me and I have learned so much about this program and the basic running of a maternity ward. I mostly worked alone but the nursing staff were always friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was it is not enough hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the parents and of course having regular contact with newborn babies.
Pros
part time hours
Cons
not enough hours
Very good
Bank reconciliation officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 July 2016
Very positive and co operative. Good management staff
Good working conditions
Very professiona

Busy at work
Good co workers
Pros
Very encouraging
Cons
Far from home
Supportive team members, great company to work for with opportunities for development and growth.
Service Desk Analyst/ Application Support (Former Employee) –  Parkville VIC14 May 2016
During my one month contract at RCH, i was a part of EPIC EMR (Electronic Medical Record) project. The first project in Australia which was quite successful because of the smooth implementation and great team working hard for several months in delivering project. I developed skills and experience in resolving level 1 technical issues for end users across the hospital. I enjoyed talking to users, resolving issues, escalating the unresolved issues to the appropriate team for resolution.
The team leaders and management team was very supportive. It is a great company to work for. I would highly recommend this company to work at. It has potential for growth and development within the company.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch and dinner for employees doing rotating shifts
Cons
No Cons
Very good work environment.
Medical Typist (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD21 December 2015
This role involved the production of outpatient letters for all of the different clinics at the RCH. So we typed for all of the specialties. Out supervisor was great and it was a good environment. I left only because the work ended up being outsourced once the new hospital was built.
Great work area
Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Herston2 June 2015
Dealing with staff members who have reported an incident.
Incident reporting within the Hospital, scanning of private and confidential documents, assisting the Director of Safety and Wellbeing, Spreadsheets, sending letters.
Pros
Great Director
Cons
No job sercurity
Amazing Experienced gained
SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC27 February 2015
Had a great time working for RCH, however I just need to peruse a career where i can expand and really gain position I want to stay and thrive in the role and grown.
Pros
Amazing Clinets and Stakeholders
Cons
No chance to excel and continuously
Fun, active learning, productive, friendly environment
IT Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne10 January 2015
• Acted as point of contact for installation, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, imaging OS with SCCM and up-gradation of hardware peripherals that include; Windows Operating system, computer, software interfaces with the working framework of operating system also Managing Macintosh environment
• Managing and administrating systems and servers related network access rights to ensure availability of services to authorized users
• Managing Print Server and Network Printing, configuring networking components, Domain Controller, DNS, DHCP, VPN, server and Active directory system
• Testing the Software programs and debugging the errors to ensure that the programs perform and runs as per specifications on Windows and Macintosh
• Maintaining precise ticket logging and tracking into support database and confidentiality with regard to the information being stored, processed or accessed by the network
• Coordinate with members of different teams and management regarding the above processes in order to identify any limitations in the existing procedures and methods, and optimizing it in order to ensure on-time delivery to client
Writing, updating and maintaining the systems asset data, documentation related to the process to increase efficiency and documenting system problems and resolutions for future references.
work is borrowing without fun good to have some fun
ward support service assistant (Former Employee) –  50 Flemington Road Parkille vic 30523 July 2014
life is good if you have job enough money for you and your families have better health good healthy lifestyle buy a new house go for holiday to have good time with your family and help others like poor people thank you
Pros
food distribution
Cons
is no good for your health
Enjoyable,friendly, fun, productive and working as a Team towards achievable goals.
Receptionist/Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parkville12 April 2014
Very busy and demanding.
Time management and ever changing environment.
highly skilled.
friendly and supportive.
dealing with so many different people.
Getting it done and have fun too.
Not many happy campers working at the Hospital unless in Management
Senior inventory control officer (Former Employee) –  Membourne Victoria24 January 2014
Co-workers helped get trough the day
Management had no idea about or did not want to know off your imput to the job
Most enjoyable was to liaison with Department heads who appricated your input and feedback to run their dep't more efficiently
Hardest part was meetings that had no bearing on your job and ended puting you behind in your duties
Pros
Cons
Not appreciated