RSPCA Employee Reviews

Friendy & easy
Customer Service/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA3 September 2017
great place to work. everyone is really helpful and everyone looks out for one another. i started rearranging and ticketing clothing and other random items then went on to cash handling and closing the store.
RSPCA volunteerer (Former Employee) –  Rutherford NSW19 July 2017
I love animals and I love people so volunteering at the RSPCA is a dream come true! The animals are so loving and the people are so nice! Loved volunteering there very much would definalty work there!
Pros
Animals and nice people
Cons
Only volunteering
Fun and Enjoyable workpplace.
Customer Service and Animal Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD17 June 2017
Boss can be rude at times if she doesn't get her way. other than that most employees are fun and happy people who make your life enjoyable and want to come to work.
Charity caring for animals
Senior Inspector (Former Employee) –  Qld13 June 2017
There is no typical day in this position. Each day is different in what it presents, in the hours and how you feel at knock off. It is a position where you see and experience the best and worst in people and have some amazing experiences with all species of animal. It can be very rewarding and very depressing.
Pros
Animal experiences
Cons
Animal owners and salary
Animal welfare and rehabilitation
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Epping NSW7 June 2017
A typical day at work involved walking dogs, playing with cats and rabbits, feeding them and giving them the company they needed. The job also involved speaking to potential pet adopters and discuss animal behaviour likes and dislikes.
Pros
working with animals
beautifully run
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC31 May 2017
though a volunteer, would be a dream to work there. great team of compassionate caring individuals with the animals and people as first priority. beautifully run and offer fantastic educational courses
Good atmosphere
RSPCA Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fairfield NSW29 May 2017
A good working environment which is well organised and presented and the staff manage the shelter very well. A great atmopshere and surprisingly good to work in.
Volunteer Work is Fantastic
Education Officer/Animal Carer/Publicity Officer (Former Employee) –  Armidale Dumaresq NSW16 May 2017
My work with the RSPCA was in a voluntary role only. was happy to give my time to this organisation whilst caring for young children at home however it was time consuming when I returned to the workforce.
In a rural area we do not have a shelter so my first work with the RSPCA was as a carer for dogs, and then cats. This was a great way for my family to enjoy the benefits of pet ownership without the cost. Our local branch was like a family and all worked together to ensure re-homing of the animals was the priority. I the moved into and Education Officers role (again voluntary) which entailed me visiting local primary schools and educating them on how to approach an unfamiliar animal (usually dog).
Pros
Work your won hours (volunteer)
Cons
Nature of the job
Good place to work if you love animals and have a good heart, challenging at times, get to learn more about what goes on with our animals
Paid collector (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA7 May 2017
Working for the RSPCA was a big eye opener for me seeing how all these animals are getting treated here in SA but I'm glad i was one to be able to help and support these friendly fury pets and to help make a change in society within the animal abuse side.
Pros
Getting to meet all the animals and having a special bond with them
Cons
Very long hours
good learning experience
Animal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA6 May 2017
good enviroment to learn how to keep animals clean and there cages/paddock.... was taught in depth about everything and it was good enviroment to work in
Enjoy working at the RSPCA and the staff are very helpful.
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC27 April 2017
as a volunteer the position is not paid work I am part of a dedicated team that is strongly focused to complete the tasks assigned to myself. overall, management are supportive.
Pros
morale is very high
Cons
hard to get a paid position
Helping the Animals
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Moe VIC21 April 2017
was great learning experience, like a treasure trove you never know what you'll find coming in the door, exciting and worth while doing regardless of age, culture or prefrence
RSPCA is a great company that I enjoyed volunteering for.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD11 April 2017
RSPCA is a great company that I enjoyed volunteering for. I loved working with the animals and assisting with the retail side of the job. I was sad to leave.
Productive but few breaks and hard work
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Ipswich QLD3 April 2017
A typical day at work starts immediately, beginning with walking the dogs or cleaning the cages of the cats and dogs. Often if there is nothing to do, we have to go around with treat bags for the dogs and feed them treats, otherwise there is yard work, walking, cleaning, and feeding. There are two breaks in the entire day, one being 15 minutes long and the other being 30, which if you don't pack your own lunch and have to walk to the shops, you have little to no time to eat. Water bottles are often kept in the office so if you need a drink you have to stop and go get one, which slows down production.
Pros
Animal building skills
Cons
Long hours, all lunch has to be brought from home, not much time to eat
Need more workers
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD19 March 2017
RSPCA needs more workers due to the lack of staff members.
A typical day at work means for me to work my absolute hardest to achieve any any goal put to mind.
Pros
Animal shelter
great place to work
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee) –  Wacol QLD 407615 March 2017
i really enjoy the work i do with rspca and would love a job there. i love working with the animals they are the highlight of my day. the people i work with are very friendly and helpful
Pros
dogs
Fun and outgoing.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Somersby NSW19 February 2017
The rspca was unpaid, volunteer work. I completed 1 week of work experience here and enjoyed every second of it. I look forward to turn 18 to continue to do more volunteer work here. The people were kind and hard working. I helped built cages and clean out all of the cats in isolation. I learned the correct portions to feed the dogs and helped make toys for the dogs. I went on vet trips and helped carry the animals into the vet and give general check ups. Everyone had a place and knew exaclty what they had to do and work hard doing so.
i love working with all sorts of people
Volinteer (Current Employee) –  Dakabin QLD16 February 2017
My day at work is to work out what needs to be done for the day and start doing it all.. i usually can finish my task quick and to my ability,
the hardest part of my job at the RSPCA is walking out and leaving all the animals but i also know i have made them feel loved while i was there cleaning their cages :)
volenteer (Former Employee) –  all areas20 January 2017
this is a great organisation to work for.
the people are very friendly making the work very easy to achieve.
the education and training they provide is on every thing you need to know to do the job required of me.
Pros
the friends and education
Cons
N/a
Positive, Rewarding!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA9 January 2017
Everyone was friendly and helpful when I started, No one was shy from answering any of my questions. Hard work but its very rewarding! I was put through animal training courses free of charge!