RSPCA Employee Reviews

Productive, and friendly workers
Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Yagoona NSW4 February 2018
I personally learned how to work better in a team as well as having the chance to strengthen my organisational skills.

The hardest part of the job for me was the distance as there is a lack of main locations for RSPCA centres that. are within an hour away.

Most enjoyable part was being to help and raise money for mistreated animals so that they have the chance to live healthier and happier lives
Pros
Satisfaction of helping a worthy cause
Cons
Distance
Fun work place
Face to face fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW17 January 2018
•Working as part of a large team, communicating with the public in order to gain sales to hit multiple KPI’s.
•Managing and handling confidential information regularly with confidence.
•Top sales person in June 2015 for most sales in the team (team of 30).
Pros
Lunch
Enjoyable work experience
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gympie QLD3 January 2018
RSPCA is a fantastic company who help animals in need and I enjoyed my time there when completing my work experience. I cleaned out kennels, feed animals and gave some TLC to much need animals.
Pros
Enjoyable experience
Cons
Not alot of jobs to complete
Amazing experiences
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lonsdale SA28 November 2017
Absolutely rewarding, would recommend to others. Fun and friendly environment. Super nice and caring people. Rewarding jobs and experiences. Lots of cute animals that you see get to go to their happy homes.
Very rewarding for animal lovers
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Pearcedale VIC21 November 2017
cleaning dog and cat areas, socialisation with feral kittens, feeding animals, walking dogs and playing with cats

I learned about animal behaviours, how neglected and abused animals were taken care of and cleaning procedures

the management was very helpful and always wiling to listen

workplace culture was very impressive

the hardest part was the physical work but it gets you in shape

most enjoyable was doing something I loved for animals in need
Pros
doing something rewarding
Cons
no cons
positive and fun workplace
VOLUNTEER CO-ORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD6 November 2017
I learned a whole heap administration and time management skills, the staff was always friendly and willing to help. I was always looking foward to my shift.
Friendy & easy
Customer Service/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA3 September 2017
great place to work. everyone is really helpful and everyone looks out for one another. i started rearranging and ticketing clothing and other random items then went on to cash handling and closing the store.
RSPCA volunteerer (Former Employee) –  Rutherford NSW19 July 2017
I love animals and I love people so volunteering at the RSPCA is a dream come true! The animals are so loving and the people are so nice! Loved volunteering there very much would definalty work there!
Pros
Animals and nice people
Cons
Only volunteering
Fun and Enjoyable workpplace.
Customer Service and Animal Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD17 June 2017
Boss can be rude at times if she doesn't get her way. other than that most employees are fun and happy people who make your life enjoyable and want to come to work.
Charity caring for animals
Senior Inspector (Former Employee) –  Qld13 June 2017
There is no typical day in this position. Each day is different in what it presents, in the hours and how you feel at knock off. It is a position where you see and experience the best and worst in people and have some amazing experiences with all species of animal. It can be very rewarding and very depressing.
Pros
Animal experiences
Cons
Animal owners and salary
Animal welfare and rehabilitation
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Epping NSW7 June 2017
A typical day at work involved walking dogs, playing with cats and rabbits, feeding them and giving them the company they needed. The job also involved speaking to potential pet adopters and discuss animal behaviour likes and dislikes.
Pros
working with animals
beautifully run
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC31 May 2017
though a volunteer, would be a dream to work there. great team of compassionate caring individuals with the animals and people as first priority. beautifully run and offer fantastic educational courses
Good atmosphere
RSPCA Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fairfield NSW29 May 2017
A good working environment which is well organised and presented and the staff manage the shelter very well. A great atmopshere and surprisingly good to work in.
Volunteer Work is Fantastic
Education Officer/Animal Carer/Publicity Officer (Former Employee) –  Armidale Dumaresq NSW16 May 2017
My work with the RSPCA was in a voluntary role only. was happy to give my time to this organisation whilst caring for young children at home however it was time consuming when I returned to the workforce.
In a rural area we do not have a shelter so my first work with the RSPCA was as a carer for dogs, and then cats. This was a great way for my family to enjoy the benefits of pet ownership without the cost. Our local branch was like a family and all worked together to ensure re-homing of the animals was the priority. I the moved into and Education Officers role (again voluntary) which entailed me visiting local primary schools and educating them on how to approach an unfamiliar animal (usually dog).
Pros
Work your won hours (volunteer)
Cons
Nature of the job
Good place to work if you love animals and have a good heart, challenging at times, get to learn more about what goes on with our animals
Paid collector (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA7 May 2017
Working for the RSPCA was a big eye opener for me seeing how all these animals are getting treated here in SA but I'm glad i was one to be able to help and support these friendly fury pets and to help make a change in society within the animal abuse side.
Pros
Getting to meet all the animals and having a special bond with them
Cons
Very long hours
good learning experience
Animal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA6 May 2017
good enviroment to learn how to keep animals clean and there cages/paddock.... was taught in depth about everything and it was good enviroment to work in
Enjoy working at the RSPCA and the staff are very helpful.
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC27 April 2017
as a volunteer the position is not paid work I am part of a dedicated team that is strongly focused to complete the tasks assigned to myself. overall, management are supportive.
Pros
morale is very high
Cons
hard to get a paid position
Helping the Animals
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Moe VIC21 April 2017
was great learning experience, like a treasure trove you never know what you'll find coming in the door, exciting and worth while doing regardless of age, culture or prefrence
RSPCA is a great company that I enjoyed volunteering for.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD11 April 2017
RSPCA is a great company that I enjoyed volunteering for. I loved working with the animals and assisting with the retail side of the job. I was sad to leave.
Productive but few breaks and hard work
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Ipswich QLD3 April 2017
A typical day at work starts immediately, beginning with walking the dogs or cleaning the cages of the cats and dogs. Often if there is nothing to do, we have to go around with treat bags for the dogs and feed them treats, otherwise there is yard work, walking, cleaning, and feeding. There are two breaks in the entire day, one being 15 minutes long and the other being 30, which if you don't pack your own lunch and have to walk to the shops, you have little to no time to eat. Water bottles are often kept in the office so if you need a drink you have to stop and go get one, which slows down production.
Pros
Animal building skills
Cons
Long hours, all lunch has to be brought from home, not much time to eat