Sodexo Employee Reviews

Hard work, long hours, unsympathetic management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  NT30 October 2017
Started as a good company to work for until the crash in resource prices. Once the squeeze was put on the company by clients the one asset they have, people, became a secondary consideration. All about the bottom line. Some individual managers were fantastic but overall the culture was $$$ driven.
Pros
2 weeks on one week off roster
Cons
long hours in harsh conditions
Long hours of hard work
FIFO Casual Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  FIFO Perth Various20 September 2017
Move quickly but give top quality customer service
Team work gets more done than working individually
mangement varies depending on experience
too many people have injuries.
Pre-starts should be more positive and regular
Not enough staff in place at certain times, such as shut downs
Working with positive team members is good
Pros
gym
Cons
staff reduction
It was a great place to work for the 11 months that I work there overall it was great.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA8 September 2017
The experience was great and the pay was good enough for what I needed. I mean $25000 was good for my house to run as my husband was working to so I didn't mind but a little more would be great.
Poor management
Utilities (Former Employee) –  Amrun weipa6 September 2017
They promise you so many thousand year but there is catch the hours you have to perform to get that money....poorly managed stole my clothes and work boots and failed to return and deny that they were left there...tip ....take your gear home or wont get back....
Pros
Good friendly atmosphere..
Cons
Long hours, poor hourly rate, very poor management, not equal opportunity employer as they state.
Worked well with everyone and enjoy the work environment
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Pilbara WA3 September 2017
I'm a people person. I was always happiest – and most satisfied – when I was interacting with customers, making sure I was able to meet their needs and giving them the best possible customer experience. It was my favorite part of the job, and it showed – I was rated as “Good or Excellent” 95% of the time.
Pros
Dealing with clients
Cons
Stock count
Sodexo was terrible to me
Contemporary Catering- Food Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallington VIC24 August 2017
I don't recommend anyone working for Sodexo. They work the life out of you constantly promising me rewards but never once delivering on those promises instead i was called into meetings where i was berated for no reason on heresay without evidence and not listened to. i am forming a Unworkplace claim against them.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Management, Extra Duress from incompetent Management
The company undercut all tenders to land the contracts and now management to afraid to spend money.
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pilbara WA20 July 2017
They find it hard to sercure good people with such low wages offered. They forced to use labour force costing more in long run. Constant staff turn over making a hard place to find consistent management.
Pros
Good people to work with
Great workplace for hospitality
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City VIC15 July 2017
During peak seasons are always busy. I have to comply for the most expectations of clients and management. I have learned more about how should am i going to exceed to the satisfaction of customers and employers. It is a workplace where you can work with multicultural environment and people. My hardest experience part of the job is when I have to finished the task on certain time with huge requirements.The most enjoyable part of the job is when the customers express their satisfaction about my work.
Pros
free lunches and connecting new kinds of people
Cons
trying to understands everyone's cultures and personalities
easy work, horrible people
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC8 July 2017
Worked as a food services assistant in a aged care facility. Job was enjoyable, enjoyed interacting with the residents but management was bad. Staff were all negative people with bad attitudes. Never got praised only criticised. Never had enough time to do all tasks so would come into work early every shift, unpaid. In the end was so miserable just quit.
Pros
Residents were always good to talk to
Cons
Staff and management were terrible
Productive and a family type atmosphere.
Cleaner - Full time (Former Employee) –  Yandicoogina WA5 July 2017
Good life experience working as a FIFO.. Your workmates become like family, you appreciate what spare time you actually get. Everyday is different, some days are full on then others. Domestic cleaning can be quite challenging when a shut is on.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours and pay rate decrease
staff are all good and friendly to work with
service attendant (Current Employee) –  Roxby Downs SA18 June 2017
Company is a reasonable company to work for, Staff are good and fun to work with, work is long and strenuous, can be short staffed at times making work difficult, Overall enjoy the work but would like something a little less strenuous now .
Pros
all meals supplied when working
Cons
14 days, 12 hrs shifts, then 7 days off
pay
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hopedowns one in the Pilbara11 June 2017
the pay is no good too low after the pay cut. the supervisor only gets $1000 more than a worker a year and that's before tax .Sodexo used to be a good company to work for. We have less staff and can't find the time to finish our tasks.
Pros
own room, food
Cons
cold food, pay is shocking just got a ay cut
A pleasant company to work for.
Bartender/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Pannawonica WA25 May 2017
Overall I enjoyed working for Sodexo in the Pilbara. Interacting with the customers and meeting new people on a daily basis was my favourite part of the job.
Great company to work for
Breakfast Chef (Former Employee) –  Groote Eylandt NT23 May 2017
Sodexo remote site ,I loved the Fifo you either like it or hate it, I worked for the company for 6-7 Years and enjoyed every minute of it.Management and Staff are friendly and approachable . Remote means "REMOTE" you can't just jump in a car and go to the shops,town there is usually 1 flight in and 1 flight out so be prepared if you do FIFO.overall I love doing what I do and used to going Reomte.
I recommend Sodexo to everyone great company to work for.
Pros
Free good, acvommodation, wifi electricity
Cons
Long hour, away from family
Casual On Call, in a variety of locations
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 May 2017
I found working for Sodexho quite good, I was a casual on call and so therefore filled in a a variety of locations around Melbourne, for a period of 15 months I worked in a cafe as the cafe supervisor and I really enjoyed that, the wages were very poor though
They have gone down hill
Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Remote1 May 2017
They have cut back on staff so you are doing 2 peoples job now, there is no support anymore, they really don't care about their workers, management don't care & neither don't head office, you are replaceable as far as they are concerned
Cons
Fun boss and fun workplace
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walla-Walla NSW11 April 2017
I loved it,
My boss was a lot of funny to work with and made the work time so much more entertaining and not boring.
She had a sense of humour but also was strict and expected good things
Pros
SO MANY! serve our own food
Cons
Lost study time
Excellent working conditions
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria8 March 2017
I found Sodexo to be a very professional company to work with ,very informative on current trends and performance of there staff and health and well being
Past Administration work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pannawonica WA3 March 2017
Duties Include: Invoicing for both companies
Entering and paying bills with Reckon accounts/quick books
Keeping logs of all jobs completed and matching Purchase orders for invoicing
Ordering of parts, sourcing items for mining companies, booking in vehicles and machines for services,
End of month reconciliation of company books
Helping where ever needed in company workshop
Loading and unloading Delivery Trucks with Forklift Truck
Duties include: Answering of phones ,payroll, prioritizing patients, taking appointments , organising /scanning and filing all paper work, sorting of cheques and mail, making calls for the doctor, sending faxes, pats paperwork/workers comp paper work ,banking and balancing pharmacy, processing Medicare receipts and till end of every day, working at times under immense pressure and within time limits.
Tranquilo ambiente grato y muy comodo
Auxiliar casino (Former Employee) –  Casino23 February 2017
Me gusta trabajar aca pero el sueldo es un poco bajo
Cons
No hay momentos para un descando de 5 minutos

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.