Sonic HealthPlus Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Rewarding and interesting work
Healthy Lifestyles Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pilbara WA31 July 2017
My role was as a FIFO healthy lifestyles coordinator as such not related to the bulk of roles in the company which are focused around health. This role was rewarding and fulfilling as it is focused around positive interactions with people who are seeking to better their health. To work around mine workers hours the role involved split shifts making it a 14 hour day with a 2 hour break in the middle.
Pros
FIFO. Social and Positive Role. Well suited to working on personal health and fitness.
Never a Boring Day
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  Gladstone QLD23 January 2017
Great place to work. Never a day that is the same. Requires numerous skills for each role. Wage is great. Offers all services of corporate medical at the one business, which is a great product to sell.
Don't apply unless you're desperate
Clinic 2nd In Charge (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD and Oxley QLD20 January 2017
Terrible company to work for. The manager was too busy looking after her other 2 clinics to provide me with any training. Was just thrown in the deep end and told to work it out. My colleague was on a contract and no one bothered to discuss the end date and whether her employment was continuing until they decided to shut the clinic down 8 weeks after I started and told her that she no longer had a job. Management also failed to inform one of the doctors that they were out of a job when the clinic closed as they were on holidays. I was transferred to another clinic when the one I was employed at closed (because they wanted to get rid of the senior receptionist there) and that's when all the trouble started. I was continually asking for training which turned down and then blamed for my lack of training! The back stabbing from the other clinic staff was disgusting and unless you were the managers favourite then everything you did was not good enough. When I was poached by another company I couldn't get out of Sonic HealthPlus fast enough.
Pros
It's a paying job
Cons
Poor management
Toxic, toxic,toxic
Accounts Receivable / Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Osborne Park WA25 November 2016
Workers are kept in check through intimidation. Staff turnover is a guideline. Strict rules & regulations for SOME only, you must fit the culture. I loved the work I was doing, unfortunately you don't ask "why" you're doing any of it!
Cons
Very toxic environment
x
Administrative, Phlebotomy, DAS (Former Employee) –  South Hedland, WA7 December 2014
a pleasant place to work but there needs to be a change in management as the job has far exceeded the capabilites of the present clinic manager who has no control over most of the team who walk all over her. To get respect you need to give it.