Southern Cross Community Healthcare

Southern Cross Community Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great long term career prospects with the opportunity to learn and grow
Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 November 2017
Having worked in other industries before moving into community care I had to transition and adapt to the challenges that working in the community presents.

I read with interest the reviews already posted and can see there are certainly people with a less than favorable view. What I have observed and experienced (being involved with community care now for over a decade) is that community care is not for everyone. It deals with the broadest range of people from all cultures and preferences. People who access support are also people who are some of the most vulnerable in the community which means that anyone who works within this industry has to be able to adapt to an ever changing landscape - it is not as structured as turning up and clocking on and off each day. The work can sometimes be challenging but at the same time be very rewarding because without the thousands of people who turn up each day these vulnerable people would not remain living at home.

Within this ever changing landscape I have found this organisation to be one of the most progressive and supportive organisations - particularly for those who have reached out. Not every organisation is perfect, however in this organisation whenever a problem, complaint or difficult situation is identified or presented it is taken seriously and actioned - they have a focus on continually improving and to tailor support and services for each of their clients.

Unfortunately not every complaint or concern gets heard and some fall through the cracks, however this does not mean to say that this organisation is
  more... not a great organisation. For every one of the poor reviews on this page there are hundreds of people who reap the benefit and sing the praises of being involved with this organisation.

No matter where I go in my career I will always recommend this organisation to both Clients and Workers.
Pros
Supportive environment, varied day-to-day work - no two days are the same, opportunity to learn and grow, quality driven organisation
Cons
working with the general community can be challenging at times, but every job has it cons
Pathetic company
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC27 August 2017
No training provided. Management bully staff members regarding doing extra shifts. Constantly ringing about shifts and staff being abused by management if they are unable to cover shifts. Management do not communicate between each other. Poor management. Be very careful if you are considering working for this company.
Pros
None really
Cons
Harassment and incompetent management.
Great organisation to work for
Employee (Current Employee) –  Wollongong NSW20 April 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for this organisation, I have had the opportunity to learn a great deal from them. The management are professional and supportive. Great pay and work life balance. I have found my work with this organisation to be very rewarding and would highly recommend them.
easy company to work for
Aged Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Parramatta office, i work in the illawarra14 March 2017
southern cross was a great company to work for to start with, I was doing around 50hrs a week.
i have lost many hours and am getting no help to rebuild my shifts, they just re hire.
Pros
flexable hrs
Cons
sub contractor, no face contact, little communication, no xmas party
Poor management and communication
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD9 March 2017
Personal care work will always involve great benefits as you are working with gorgeous elderly people. This organisation however is not someone I would recommend, three RN's left within a 12 month period I was there due to poor management and communication. As a part time worker I attempted to assist by filling in when I could, however I was treated so poorly and accused of multiple (inaccurate) things that I left abruptly which is something I have never done in all my years of caring and haven't done since.
Pros
Gorgeous Clients
Cons
Poor staff retention, no forward planning, too much responsibility placed on workers
Terrible management
Attendant Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 March 2017
Management do not communicate with each other or seem to have any idea of what they are doing. They do not care about their staffs safety or well being, allowing them to be bullied by other staff and their participants. Very little training provided, which is scary as this is peoples lives we are potentially playing with and i would not be comfortable with having my family member being looked after by someone who has had very little formal training.
The company do not take staff members complaits seriously and only care about keeping the participant happy and taking their money. Will set and play you up against other workers and your participants.
Their computer software used for rostering and reporting also needs to be relooked.
Pros
Decent pay for littke experience.
Cons
Miss management
They don't care about their employees.
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  NSW South Coast NSW20 February 2017
There is little to no support offered to employees. They do not listen to any complaints or issues and are all about keeping clients on board by stepping all over employees. They do not offer any benefits no matter how long you have been working for them. They are horrible
Enjoy caring for people - h ave spent my lift caring for people who are worst off than myself
Full Time Carer (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW20 November 2016
Looking after someone who cannot attend for themselves. There are people who are worse off than myself. Dealing with other people make it easier to deal with people worse off than myself. It is hard when someone you have cared for for 21 years passes away it leaves a hole in your heart, but you know there is someone else out there who needs your help too.
Other carers were great to work with
Assistant Care Worker/Disabilties (Former Employee) –  NSW27 April 2016
Management really needs to be looked at & fixed up ASAP.
Great job, but had it's moments. No proper training was provided, just shown skills, by other carers.
Pros
Compassionate carers, great job
Cons
Stuff ups in Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Cross Community Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9