St Vincent de Paul Society Employee Reviews

Store person (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 February 2018
ITS BEEN GREAT WORKING HERE
Here I dnot have much pressure to work. Main motive here is you have to get the job done, no matter how you do. Its the best .
it was good volunteering work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 January 2018
it was good volunteering work. I enjoyed helping the homeless as I served and prepared food for them. I highly recommend this volunteering work to everyone.
omg
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 January 2018
working with Vincent is a good place to start it my be lot of standing and moving but it helpful, it always good to get to know the customer services and the worker. lot of donate like clothes, toys, dish and many more.......should go and try to look around and not just that everything is cheap.....
Great
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Campsie NSW29 January 2018
St Vincent De Paul Society in Campsie was an incredible experience for me as a young person as it allowed me to enter the world of 'working'. Through ensuring that the place was constantly tidy and helping customers shop around, I was able to grasp the basics of customer service.
Pros
Did not discriminate - welcomed immediately
Cons
nothing
Rewarding
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Chinchilla QLD21 January 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society is a charitable organization that allows people to get a head start in the retail industry as well as helping those who are not as fortunate as us.
Good experience
Vinnie's Van Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW20 January 2018
Good experience for youth and offered an opportunity to give back to the community. It involves interacting with people of all walks of life which helps to develop ones interpersonal skills and communications skills; useful skills desired by many jobs.
productive and fun workplace that provides many chances to give to the community.
VOLUNTEER PLACEMENTS (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD14 January 2018
I was provided with many chances to help the less fortunate and the community. I learnt many skills such as team work, confidence, time management and the importance of enjoying what you do.
Pros
giving back to the community
Cons
work hours were short
A charity organisation
Store person - Part-time voluntary work (Former Employee) –  Mount Pritchard NSW12 January 2018
I have no comments about this organisation due to it is a charity organisation with basic equipment and conditions of work.
Good time to get some experience in warehouse operations.
Good
Sale Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridge Mall Ballarat6 January 2018
I always care about society and especially assisting the less fortunate, I apply this ethos to my decision making and everyday life. I am enjoying working at Vinnies and it creates a great chance for me to give back to the community, I meet and make more friends every day.
I love all the staff and stuff there, I also do my shopping at Vinnies too. A great way to spend money in a good way for you and other people.
My new job
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Oak Flats NSW7 December 2017
I love working at my Vinnies. I work on the till and provide the best customer service I can. I haven't worked in retail before and didin't realize how satisfying it can be. The work ethic and culture could be improved as there are a lot of sorters who throw things away if they dont like it, or if there is only one item. I have learnt that everyone who walks into our shop is on the lookout for a special item or a bargain. Some love to browse and can stay for ages. The hardest part of this job is seeing the hardship people endure, but the best part is helping them out of that place and into a more positive one.
Pros
workers, customers and socialization
Cons
being unable to satisfy a customer
Great work
Store person (Former Employee) –  Griffith NSW5 December 2017
Friendly inviroment hard working smiles on faces team work place of business is good staff well presented. Employees hard working friendly always up for a laugh
It was a great place to work.
Retail (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT29 November 2017
I was volunteering at St Vincent De Paul for my work experience program at school. It was a great experience, I learnt to manage tasks in order of priority. Also I learnt to work with other people and multitask.
Pros
Timing is very negotiable
Cons
No pay
Could be better
Customer Service/Retail (Former Employee) –  Alice Springs NT26 November 2017
To start with, it was ok. great work hours. friendly staff, excellent work load. was promised a job once my baby was born but was expected to return to work 6 weeks after he was born. Was not impressed when my job had been given away when i was ready to return.
Unsatisfactory
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoppers Crossing VIC24 November 2017
Most of my time at St Vincent was spent cleaning something, floors, racks, etc. I found it to be very tedious work with no room for improvement. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customers and speaking to them. The Job Work/Life balance, I found to be unacceptable and displeasing.
Volunteering experience
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 November 2017
I worked here to gain volunteering experience for the completion of my certificate of Active Volunteering, A typical day at work was working in the back area, sorting out clothes and interacting with customers very frequently.
Was fun workplace at lunchtime we share the life story
I don't remember (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD13 November 2017
The work at St Vincent de Paul was good because I learnt a lot and I use my skills as well. Some skills I learnt at Vinnies are: teamwork, communication and to be organise and do work without wait someone to tell you, for example if there is some rubbish in stock I have to pick up the rubbish even that is not my job.
Supports a good cause
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 November 2017
They help support multiple causes which need it. Its a volunteer service which does great work and allows people to give back to the community, essentially bettering society.
Great
Shop Assistant Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Gladstone QLD18 October 2017
Its a great place to be. Its basically my second family there. we help a lot of people and I think that's great. there are some people that are unhappy with the way things are done but that's ok
very productive and fun not-for profit organisation/workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC16 October 2017
i enjoyed working there, very welcoming environment. It was nice working there as it felt nice making a difference in my community. It helped improve my communication skills and also teamwork. I am much more confident now.
Pros
we got 1 hour break
Cons
Relaxed environment which allowed for a gradual transition into customer service
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kensington and Norwood SA27 September 2017
I did not do very much in a typical day other than arrange displays for items and assist customers. But another part of this job was unique as I was able to prepare the items, e.g. clothes (by attaching tags and pricing).

There were no management roles as I was a volunteer but the manager of the store was very friendly and accommodating.

The hardest part of the job was interacting with the customers because at this time, I did not have very much experience with doing this.

The most enjoyable part was the feeling of helping people in the store find what they were looking for.
Pros
Good learning environment, a gradual transition into retail
Cons
Due to all the older, donated clothes, the store could sometimes be stuffy