Subway Employee Reviews

Fast paced, friendly place to work!
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Cobram VIC19 September 2017
Lovely employees, very patient and prepared to take every step of training with you. Very active in the way of needing extra assistance. Will 65% of the time cover shifts for you if it's needed.
Pros
20% off subway
Productive place with great coworkers but horrible management.
Supervising junior staff (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 September 2017
This job is enjoyable about 50% of the time when you are just working. However, issues arise if the management at the store you are employed at are rude and disorganised. The store I worked at had a manager who was rude and disrespectful to employees. The turnover rate at that particular store was extremely high, clearly demonstrated a bad work culture.
Pros
Discount prices, coworkers.
Cons
First Job and not the best
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD16 September 2017
I was only given 2 hour shifts and paid very poorly. I did learn many roles, including improving my communication, working in a paced environment, meeting new people, cleaning etc. A typical day at work went very quickly because i was only there for 2 hours. The hardest part of the job was learning what goes on each sandwich. The most enjoyable part was serving people.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Poor hours and pay
Fun productive nice enviroment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Mawson Lakes SA16 September 2017
The manager and team members were very nice always helped out in anyway they could when you asked for it or if they noticed that you were struggling. nice people
Fun and happy workplace with many rewards.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Stones Corner, Brisbane.14 September 2017
My review is hands down five stars! Everyday was not only money but fun and a great culture. I learnt a lot and was constantly challenging myself to learn more and exceed.
Pros
Discounted Lunches.
Cons
Too much soft drink.
Nice and fun place
Subway trainee staff (Former Employee) –  Chadstone VIC14 September 2017
I have worked for 2 weeks as a trainee staff. It was a nice job environment. In this job what is the most important thing is speed as well as accuracy.
Friendly work place.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  McLaren Vale SA12 September 2017
I'm not getting enough hours to make ends meet, and the shift are only three hours long so it becomes pointless going into work for such a short time frame.
Other than that not working weekends is a bonus as i can sped time with my family, having a partner who works full time has helped but i would like to work more hours for myself.
Pros
Dont work weekends
Cons
not enough hours
Great workplace for first job, fun and fast paced environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW12 September 2017
Great work/life balance, fun and fast paced environment during lunch rush hours. Positive atmosphere and extensive education program for induction. Great experience for safe food handling and food retail.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Can become stressful during peak hours
Productive and fun workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Keilor downs11 September 2017
Fun place to work always meeting new costumers and getting to know the regulars. Easy and simple tasks to forfill. If you don't have a lot of confidence this job will definitely give you some as you learn to interact with everyone. The thing I learned is routine I started in the evening so at 4 or 4:30 I would start and I would always start prepping include meats, salads, cookies and breads. The hardest thing would be if it was a slow day and there was nothing to do but subway is a great place to work
Pros
Free 6" and free drinks from soda machine during my shift
Cons
Non
Definitely do not work here.
Customer Service Staff (Former Employee) –  Bairnsdale VIC11 September 2017
I was with Subway for 3 months and in that time I had put in at least 12 hours a day, 7 days a week with no overtime pay.
The people I worked with were amazing, but we constantly had new management, personally I went through 3 managers during my time there.
I was left by myself for 3 hours during a busy dinner shift during my first week of employment and I was honestly tempted to walk out of that shift, but I stuck it out and regretted it.
I honestly would not recommend anyone work at Subway unless they're prepared to be 1000% committed to the business and have no social life.

Want to know more about Subway?

Ask a question
Fun and Accommodating
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Thomastown VIC10 September 2017
It's a really great place to work at, they give you great staff discounts and are always accommodating of your schedule. The management is fantastic and the environment is very friendly
Best job I've ever had
Sandwhich Artist (Former Employee) –  Edgeworth NSW6 September 2017
A typical day at work- fun, full on, busy

Management was amazing, i loved my manager

workplace culture was so good, made some life times friends always had fun and laughing at work

hardest part of the job was being there on my own and having lots of customers

most enjoyable was meeting all my new friends, having fun all day, i loved making the subs
Pros
discounts
Cons
working alone
Workplace Culture
Customer Service assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA6 September 2017
The workplace was an amazing place to meet new people and learn about customer service and the overall effort and work ethic that goes into a small restaurant. The management can vary from location to location though.
Pros
Workplace Culture; Flexibility
Cons
Job Security; Opportunity to Grow
working at Subway has been an amazing experience as we get to interact with various types of people, the management is great
Team member (Current Employee) –  Taylors Lakes VIC5 September 2017
Subway has given the team the opportunity to interact and understand customers and their requirements. they follow all rules and regulations in order to provide the best service. the management is friendly and helpful when it comes to introducing changes around workplace.
very busy workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD4 September 2017
Constantly on the go serving customers or preparing food. the hardest part of the job was making the rolls. I learnt how to prepare the cookies and the rolls
Working at Subway was a great experience.
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Perth WA2 September 2017
Subway was my first job, I believe thy have a great culture with in the workplace. there is a friendly vibe carried through out the restaurant. An amazing variety of food and its clean healthy and delicious.

I do have to put out there that leaving Subway was a little bit tacky considering i had enquired about a reference for my next job and never received a reply after six months of trying to get one.

Other than that it was a great experience.
Pros
Free six inch role for lunch.
Cons
Long hours, hands on job.
Sandwich Artist
Subway Sandwich Artist Australia (Former Employee) –  Perth WA29 August 2017
- Improved my confidence
- Great and friendly network between customers and co-workers
- Flexible shifts and easy to learn duties
- Comfortable work environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Ingleburn NSW29 August 2017
Very good to learn food preparation, customer service and communication. Very hands on and busy but all worth it at the end of the day to make the customer happy.
Good first job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW28 August 2017
This job taught me everything I needed to know about customer service, money handling and food preparation. Subway was a great choice for a first job as the food is healthier than other fast food chains and management were flexible to work with school hours and sporting commitments.
Great company to work for.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Sydney Eastern Suburbs NSW27 August 2017
Typical day at Subway starts with the amazing smell of baking bread. You can learn a lot as you work at SUBWAY which is great for the younger staff. If you want to climb the ladder at SUBWAY you can start with shift manager and work your way up to store manager. Workplace culture is great friendly. Hardest part of this job is the cleaning but the most enjoyable part of the job is the customers.
Pros
hours
Cons
hats

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8