Suncorp Group Employee Reviews

Productive, work life balance
Recoveries and Settlment Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 February 2018
Suncorp work life balance is exceptional and assist all their employees in personal and work life.
Suncorp appreciates their workers and always find ways to accommodate them.
Banking
Banking (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 January 2018
People who can sell are quickly favourited to get more sales for the manager, who gets all the credit for the work of the team. Egotistical management who breed and teach this to anyone they promote. Everybody just walks around trying to be noticed by higher management. Low pay for a lot of work. Just don’t.
Pros
Insurance discounts.
Process and Work Culture
Iteration Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 December 2017
Process at Suncorp is streamlined and well organised. They are completely Agile and the work life balance is perfectly maintained at Suncorp.
There is transparency at Suncorp and multi cultured environment,
Pros
Process and work/life balance
Cons
Business decisions
Overall a great place, for someone with no goals or ambitions.
Customer Value/Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gisborne VIC26 December 2017
terrible place for a young person with their whole life ahead of them. I had a terrible couple of months where everything was going wrong, I had to take a step back and re evaluate my life. Because I spent a little while not meeting some KRA's (always I have smashed them), I suddenly didn't feel secure, I was being pressured and poked like a bear in a zoo.

I gained anxiety, I did not cope with my problems like I should have. It should be evaluated how this place is run.
I then couldn't change departments because I wasn't meeting the KRA's in mine. I hand choice but to leave the company.
Pros
A lot of people try so hard and they should be so proud of themselves
Cons
no recognition, no lenience, felt suffocated
double standards, no oportunity for advancement
Settlements/Securities Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD12 December 2017
Unless you were in the select group of employees, you received nothing, no advancement opportunities and no bonuses. Working hours were unreasonable you got up in the dark and got home in the dark, there was no work life balance. If you needed to change shifts, you needed to attend to this yourself. Emails to the team leader were not read and caused major issues.
Pros
You received a pay cheque
Cons
Long Hours no work life balance
Reputable company
Treasurer (Current Employee) –  North Lakes26 November 2017
Exciting new challenges everyday. Focusing on educating our customers with a more efficient and faster way of future banking.
Job opportunity within the group to move into other areas.
Good Company
Customer Value North Manager / Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Central Plaza QLD10 November 2017
Good Company if you're starting off in the workforce industry.
They will invest time and support to get you started.
Most people move up through hard work rather than who you know.
Pros
Convinience, Well know localy, Great staff benefit
Cons
Lack of connectivity from each department, Strategy is there but its not always followed by different department.
Great company to work with
IT Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD1 November 2017
Great team culture and work life balance. as part of their Security Access Administration. Main duties included provisioning access to new users and modifying current user access. As Suncorp had recently taken over Promina, their provisioning requirements escalated substantially. This meant an increase of staff of about 8,000 spanning companies in both New Zealand and Australia. These extra staff required new access to the Suncorp systems.

Due to the involvement of overseas outsourcing %75 of our team were let go.
Pros
work culture, team environment
Cons
Cannot think of any CONS
Excellent people and high performing culture
Communications Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 October 2017
I learned how to become a better communicator during my time with Suncorp.

I managed group channels, important financial milestones and developed a keen eye for detail.

The people were exceptional and I had great mentors and leaders.
Great work enviroment
Sales and Service Banking Consultant (Current Employee) –  Longreach QLD25 October 2017
Suncorp is an amazing place to work. Though sometimes stressful having great colleagues and access to many benefits help overcome anything you may experience in both your personal and work life. Pay is rather good and bonus can be achieved. The hardest part of this job would be the different for each store however my perspective would be having patience with customers who believe that your job is easy. Having great time management and customer service skills are important for this job as building rapport is essential to making targets. Suncorp provides great training on each activity your job title requires you to do.
Pros
Great people, amazing company, training provided.
Fun environment - room for advancement
Insurance Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milton QLD24 October 2017
Taking calls was fine, even if you had a difficult one. The support structure was good. Advancement - heaps of opportunities, as multi faceted company.
Pros
Free dress days
Cons
Difficult customers at times
Productive and fun place to work
Program Manager - FSC Life Code Project (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 October 2017
Very talented team members and SME's with the Insurance Division.
Made my role so much easier being able to collaborate with such a diverse knowledge pool.
Great team environment, sales driven customer focused
Sales and Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan City QLD27 September 2017
Fast past,customer driven, sales focused.
You need to have a genuine need to want to help and assist customer needs
You get to be part of the community due to repeat customers
You also get to make a difference in customers lives as you get to know them through genuine conversations
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Long periods of computer screen time
Productive company with many challenges & changes
Corporate Accountant Investment Management (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW27 June 2017
Daily workload required leading up to Month-end Reporting & tight deadlines.
Many layers of hierarchy within Management, with a number of takeovers & restructures over the years.
Hardest Part was sometimes achievable deadline expectations & at the same time the most enjoyable & rewarding.
Pros
Long Term Work Associates with close relationships
Cons
Being made redundant due to outsourcing of Finance
Unbearable
Underwriting (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 June 2017
Like others here it's the middle and upper middle management. Rude, demanding and they just seem to not care much for anyone. There are some lousy managers that never even come to work, they work from home 4-5 days a week. I have seen it first hand where one manager basically said, my way or the door. One guy, kept forgetting his employees name and this other creepy guy that my colleague was managed by that used to call the girls delicious and tasty and stuff like that.
Pros
Fellow employees
Very Supportive and good Work culture
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 May 2017
I have learnt a lot many things after I joined suncorp. The team leads have been always very co-operative and have been kept informed about the upcoming plans. I had a great time with my team mates who were supportive and of helping nature.
Average
Debt Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 April 2017
Great pay, difficult targets, fast paced, could do with better management in recoveries & settlements area of the business. The coworkers are what makes the job bearable. Most staff very welcoming & happy to help, however can be dog eat dog environment at times. The best thing about the job was the security, fair wage & the view of south bank park lands from the windows.
Pros
Free Lunches & morning teas
Cons
Long hours, rude management, high stress environment & endless phone calls
Customer Focused
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Newstead QLD24 April 2017
Suncorp is customer focused.

Whilst working there I learnt a great deal about management of staff, training and product knowledge.

Business development was one aspect of the business that I enjoyed. Going to meet business and developing relationships with them and with staff in other areas of the business.
Nice views
Claims Officer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD25 March 2017
Large soulless company

Close to transport
Food choices
Good Salary
Lovely views
Pros
Location and salary
Cons
Lack of engagement
Fun and easy going environment.
Customer Value Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 March 2017
In the 10 months that i have been employed with suncorp i have found it to be one of the most relaxed and fun workplaces i have been to with a very supportive management team.
Pros
free lunches, ongoing competitions
Cons
Travel to get into work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncorp Group. Our community is ready to answer.