Suncorp Group Employee Reviews

Unbearable
Underwriting (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 June 2017
Like others here it's the middle and upper middle management. Rude, demanding and they just seem to not care much for anyone. There are some lousy managers that never even come to work, they work from home 4-5 days a week. I have seen it first hand where one manager basically said, my way or the door. One guy, kept forgetting his employees name and this other creepy guy that my colleague was managed by that used to call the girls delicious and tasty and stuff like that.
Pros
Fellow employees
Very Supportive and good Work culture
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 May 2017
I have learnt a lot many things after I joined suncorp. The team leads have been always very co-operative and have been kept informed about the upcoming plans. I had a great time with my team mates who were supportive and of helping nature.
Average
Debt Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 April 2017
Great pay, difficult targets, fast paced, could do with better management in recoveries & settlements area of the business. The coworkers are what makes the job bearable. Most staff very welcoming & happy to help, however can be dog eat dog environment at times. The best thing about the job was the security, fair wage & the view of south bank park lands from the windows.
Pros
Free Lunches & morning teas
Cons
Long hours, rude management, high stress environment & endless phone calls
Customer Focused
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Newstead QLD24 April 2017
Suncorp is customer focused.

Whilst working there I learnt a great deal about management of staff, training and product knowledge.

Business development was one aspect of the business that I enjoyed. Going to meet business and developing relationships with them and with staff in other areas of the business.
Nice views
Claims Officer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD25 March 2017
Large soulless company

Close to transport
Food choices
Good Salary
Lovely views
Pros
Location and salary
Cons
Lack of engagement
Fun and easy going environment.
Customer Value Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 March 2017
In the 10 months that i have been employed with suncorp i have found it to be one of the most relaxed and fun workplaces i have been to with a very supportive management team.
Pros
free lunches, ongoing competitions
Cons
Travel to get into work.
great products
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD6 March 2017
I enjoyed my move into retail banking with subncorp and believe they hoped me to achieve in a fast paced sales environment, they allowed me to be me instead of following scripts which enabled me to succeed within my personal targets and branch targets too.
Junior management
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Milton2 March 2017
Hours of work became unsuitable and there was no room for change once the hours were set.
Initially there was 3 shifts rotating which then became 2 which meant more late nights and no penalty rates
Pros
Decent coffee
Produktiver Arbeitsort
Super Partnered Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 February 2017
Suncorp hat eine ausgezeichnete Arbeitsplatzkultur. Flexibilität bei der Arbeitszeit bietet "Home Office" Chancen, Arbeitsplatzsicherheit und mehrere Schulungen über die Suncorp Intranet-Website für Mitarbeiter, um deren wissen zu erweitern.
Management ist sehr aufgeschlossen und hilfsbereit
Pros
Bonus für gute Jahresperformance
Cons
Lange Arbeitsstunden zwischen April und July - Ende des Geschaeftsjahres
a great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD12 February 2017
I had the opportunity to advance my career from teller to manager with all of the ongoing support required. Worked with great people and the business had a wonderful culture. I loved working with staff and meeting targets. I have no negatives only positives for this workplace
Pros
excellent support
Cons
Positive culture, great work/life balance.
Category Officer, Procurement (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 January 2017
Strong leader support. Flexible working arrangements with ability to work from home if/when needed. Positive team culture with regular team lunches and Friday arvo drinks.
Pros
Work/life balance, 4 weeks paid leave, work from home, support visa sponsorship
Cons
Clunky internal processes and procedures added several weeks/months to project timelines
Good workplace, management not well trained
AAMI Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gisborne VIC18 December 2016
Good workplace, diverse, friendly.

Typical day would be answering calls, selling, helping with enquiries.
Taking Breaks at your designated times exact or you will have lower KPI's.

Management needs a little work, some harassment can happen from management if you have too much time off or have a personal issue and need to leave for the day.

Salary is good, opportunity for weekend, holiday work.

Low chances of getting time off christmas eve or new years eve. First in best dressed and even then not a lot of chance.

Some people with children can miss out and have to work.
Pros
Good environment, good salary
Cons
staff need to be trained more with empathy.
good communication with industrial people. learnt a lot from them.
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 November 2016
it was a practical subject which required us to work with Suncorp group. the most enjoyable part of the job is that, it was my first time to participate industrial work. we did conduct few test cases on the real system, and show the mentors some bugs we found.
Great work life balance
Personal injury claims advisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane1 November 2016
Unrealistic work expectations and workloads. There is an engaged culture in the staff and front line leaders are great at developing staff.

Management try to always listen to suggestions by staff.
Very client driven
Recoveries & Settlements Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD27 October 2016
The team were very effective at what they did and their was a great team culture and veryone was supported.

I did struggle with this role as I had had limited exposure to motor cliaims previously.
Pros
Customer driven
Large organisation with constant changes
Risk & Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD27 October 2016
Good career growth and learning and development opportunities but constant change in Execs.Frequent restructures within the organisation is normal in the course of business.
Great colleagues
Customer Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW26 October 2016
Friendly people, flexible work arrangements, great team culture, and good leaders.
However, too much duplication in terms of reporting, administrative work and processes.
Work life balance
Sales Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 October 2016
Suncorp was a great place to work. That said, a lot depends on the individual leaders.
Luckily I had good ones.
They have a very flexible work from home policy that made it easy to ensure you could do what you needed to for both work and your family life.
Great people, bad management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 October 2016
Suncorp was a great place to work in with many friends made, however on a work basis career progression, ability to voice your opinion, technology and enhancements if things weren't right was looked away at. Management after each restructure snd change was a knee jerk reaction to hit top line and everything else was negligible.
Pros
Wfh
Cons
Too much red tape, favouritism, lack of developing employees
Inconsistent with Management
Sales and Service consultant (Current Employee) –  Loganholme QLD26 September 2016
Unfortunately Suncorp BANK management is quite unstable and is not staff focused.
However, within the INSURANCE sector they really care for their staff and development.
Sadly the Company is AWESOME to its customers but treat its staff poorly.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Poor treatment of Staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncorp Group. Our community is ready to answer.