Suncorp Group Employee Reviews

Great company to work with
IT Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD1 November 2017
Great team culture and work life balance. as part of their Security Access Administration. Main duties included provisioning access to new users and modifying current user access. As Suncorp had recently taken over Promina, their provisioning requirements escalated substantially. This meant an increase of staff of about 8,000 spanning companies in both New Zealand and Australia. These extra staff required new access to the Suncorp systems.

Due to the involvement of overseas outsourcing %75 of our team were let go.
Pros
work culture, team environment
Cons
Cannot think of any CONS
Excellent people and high performing culture
Communications Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 October 2017
I learned how to become a better communicator during my time with Suncorp.

I managed group channels, important financial milestones and developed a keen eye for detail.

The people were exceptional and I had great mentors and leaders.
Great work enviroment
Sales and Service Banking Consultant (Current Employee) –  Longreach QLD25 October 2017
Suncorp is an amazing place to work. Though sometimes stressful having great colleagues and access to many benefits help overcome anything you may experience in both your personal and work life. Pay is rather good and bonus can be achieved. The hardest part of this job would be the different for each store however my perspective would be having patience with customers who believe that your job is easy. Having great time management and customer service skills are important for this job as building rapport is essential to making targets. Suncorp provides great training on each activity your job title requires you to do.
Pros
Great people, amazing company, training provided.
Fun environment - room for advancement
Insurance Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milton QLD24 October 2017
Taking calls was fine, even if you had a difficult one. The support structure was good. Advancement - heaps of opportunities, as multi faceted company.
Pros
Free dress days
Cons
Difficult customers at times
Productive and fun place to work
Program Manager - FSC Life Code Project (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 October 2017
Very talented team members and SME's with the Insurance Division.
Made my role so much easier being able to collaborate with such a diverse knowledge pool.
Great team environment, sales driven customer focused
Sales and Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan City QLD27 September 2017
Fast past,customer driven, sales focused.
You need to have a genuine need to want to help and assist customer needs
You get to be part of the community due to repeat customers
You also get to make a difference in customers lives as you get to know them through genuine conversations
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Long periods of computer screen time
Productive company with many challenges & changes
Corporate Accountant Investment Management (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW27 June 2017
Daily workload required leading up to Month-end Reporting & tight deadlines.
Many layers of hierarchy within Management, with a number of takeovers & restructures over the years.
Hardest Part was sometimes achievable deadline expectations & at the same time the most enjoyable & rewarding.
Pros
Long Term Work Associates with close relationships
Cons
Being made redundant due to outsourcing of Finance
Unbearable
Underwriting (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 June 2017
Like others here it's the middle and upper middle management. Rude, demanding and they just seem to not care much for anyone. There are some lousy managers that never even come to work, they work from home 4-5 days a week. I have seen it first hand where one manager basically said, my way or the door. One guy, kept forgetting his employees name and this other creepy guy that my colleague was managed by that used to call the girls delicious and tasty and stuff like that.
Pros
Fellow employees
Very Supportive and good Work culture
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 May 2017
I have learnt a lot many things after I joined suncorp. The team leads have been always very co-operative and have been kept informed about the upcoming plans. I had a great time with my team mates who were supportive and of helping nature.
Average
Debt Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 April 2017
Great pay, difficult targets, fast paced, could do with better management in recoveries & settlements area of the business. The coworkers are what makes the job bearable. Most staff very welcoming & happy to help, however can be dog eat dog environment at times. The best thing about the job was the security, fair wage & the view of south bank park lands from the windows.
Pros
Free Lunches & morning teas
Cons
Long hours, rude management, high stress environment & endless phone calls
Customer Focused
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Newstead QLD24 April 2017
Suncorp is customer focused.

Whilst working there I learnt a great deal about management of staff, training and product knowledge.

Business development was one aspect of the business that I enjoyed. Going to meet business and developing relationships with them and with staff in other areas of the business.
Nice views
Claims Officer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD25 March 2017
Large soulless company

Close to transport
Food choices
Good Salary
Lovely views
Pros
Location and salary
Cons
Lack of engagement
Fun and easy going environment.
Customer Value Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 March 2017
In the 10 months that i have been employed with suncorp i have found it to be one of the most relaxed and fun workplaces i have been to with a very supportive management team.
Pros
free lunches, ongoing competitions
Cons
Travel to get into work.
great products
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD6 March 2017
I enjoyed my move into retail banking with subncorp and believe they hoped me to achieve in a fast paced sales environment, they allowed me to be me instead of following scripts which enabled me to succeed within my personal targets and branch targets too.
Junior management
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Milton2 March 2017
Hours of work became unsuitable and there was no room for change once the hours were set.
Initially there was 3 shifts rotating which then became 2 which meant more late nights and no penalty rates
Pros
Decent coffee
Produktiver Arbeitsort
Super Partnered Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 February 2017
Suncorp hat eine ausgezeichnete Arbeitsplatzkultur. Flexibilität bei der Arbeitszeit bietet "Home Office" Chancen, Arbeitsplatzsicherheit und mehrere Schulungen über die Suncorp Intranet-Website für Mitarbeiter, um deren wissen zu erweitern.
Management ist sehr aufgeschlossen und hilfsbereit
Pros
Bonus für gute Jahresperformance
Cons
Lange Arbeitsstunden zwischen April und July - Ende des Geschaeftsjahres
a great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD12 February 2017
I had the opportunity to advance my career from teller to manager with all of the ongoing support required. Worked with great people and the business had a wonderful culture. I loved working with staff and meeting targets. I have no negatives only positives for this workplace
Pros
excellent support
Cons
Positive culture, great work/life balance.
Category Officer, Procurement (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 January 2017
Strong leader support. Flexible working arrangements with ability to work from home if/when needed. Positive team culture with regular team lunches and Friday arvo drinks.
Pros
Work/life balance, 4 weeks paid leave, work from home, support visa sponsorship
Cons
Clunky internal processes and procedures added several weeks/months to project timelines
Good workplace, management not well trained
AAMI Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gisborne VIC18 December 2016
Good workplace, diverse, friendly.

Typical day would be answering calls, selling, helping with enquiries.
Taking Breaks at your designated times exact or you will have lower KPI's.

Management needs a little work, some harassment can happen from management if you have too much time off or have a personal issue and need to leave for the day.

Salary is good, opportunity for weekend, holiday work.

Low chances of getting time off christmas eve or new years eve. First in best dressed and even then not a lot of chance.

Some people with children can miss out and have to work.
Pros
Good environment, good salary
Cons
staff need to be trained more with empathy.
good communication with industrial people. learnt a lot from them.
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 November 2016
it was a practical subject which required us to work with Suncorp group. the most enjoyable part of the job is that, it was my first time to participate industrial work. we did conduct few test cases on the real system, and show the mentors some bugs we found.