Target Australia Employee Reviews

Good, stable work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queensland11 February 2018
Target offers its employees stable work. There is the ability to develop further skills and progress to management roles but it didn't seem very common. Work culture was quite good but job roles are quite boring as there isn't much movement of staff between areas within the store.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Repetitive work
Great team to work for
Payroll Officer (Former Employee) –  Port Macquarie NSW31 January 2018
I loved my job as payroll officer/cash office manager.
I have always had an excellent relationship with management and peers
I am very resourceful in seeking information to facilitate problem solving
Productive, and a very learning environment
Retail Assistant- work experience (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC29 January 2018
I enjoyed my time here, even though it was only work experience, I gained experience in the retail field. I enjoyed the learning I did and the people that were there were very helpful. I’d recommend starting out somewhere like here as a first job, it gives you an insight of working somewhere bigger
Pros
Discounted items
Target is a good first job.
Ladieswear and kidswear sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Pakenham VIC28 January 2018
Target didn't have many career advancement opportunities and also couldn't guarantee hours to everyone in the store. It is a good job if you are just looking for casual work.
Pros
Clean working enviroment, Uniforms provided, Friendly staff
Cons
Pay, Not having garenteed hours
Fun workplace
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Wetherill Park NSW3 January 2018
Target was an amazing opportunity to experience what work is really about. Everyone had good communication skills with the employees and employer and good teamwork
Pros
Staff are great
not the most fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muswellbrook NSW2 January 2018
I learned customer service, management was very laid back, nothing about the job was hard, the job was boring. The customers were very friendly this was a perk the manager was not nice
Pros
lots of shifts
Cons
no breaks
I enjoyed those that I worked with, however found that promotions and advancements were hard to come by.
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Camberwell VIC25 December 2017
I worked with a wonderful team of people, however I found that it was difficult to advance my skills and progress in the company due to its large size.
Target is an iconic Australian retailer dedicated to making fashion, style and quality affordable for the whole family
Work Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Wetherill Park NSW18 December 2017
We're proud to be a part of over three hundred communities across Australia with stores conveniently located in both metropolitan and regional areas. Target is committed to supporting these communities and to meeting our responsibilities to our customers, team members and suppliers.
Pros
Fine experience
Cons
Staff are very rude, disrespectful, the store is very big
Retail Assistant/ Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Katanning WA10 December 2017
i worked for target australia for 8 years. i learnt alot over my time at the katanning store. i enjoyed interacting with the local customers and helping them with there shopping.
Productive workplace with friendly staff and team members
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC30 November 2017
My work experience opportunity gave me an insight on the skills needed to work in retail. I really enjoyed working in retail and gained new knowledge on what the working life is like. It is now my desire to get an actual job in retail so I can further my knowledge and form new friendships.
Pros
New friendships formed and new skills gained
very much a family atmosphere
Administration / cash office (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC23 November 2017
Overall a good place to work if you are a young person looking for part time work. Thought my job was safe but was made redundant.
Moral can be up and down depending on the store manager and the get swapped around far too often.
Pros
occasionally morning tea is supplied
Cons
not everyone is treated equally
Very busy
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC20 November 2017
This is a very demanding job, it is very busy because there is a lot of work to do - processing stock, displaying stock and making sure you are hitting appropriate sales targets. Great staff.
Pros
Staff Discount
Fun work place with carrying people
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Fields NSW19 November 2017
Target was a good place for work experience, it has helped me to gain knowledge at a retail store, but also giving me the ability to become a confident individual in speaking up
Great team too much politics
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Morayfield QLD18 November 2017
I loved working at Target Morayfield. The team is great but would do much better if the bean counters above let the store manager (who is a great guy to work for) do his job. I enjoyed going to work each day and working for a store that truly embraces customer service but it always felt like politics was getting in the way of just getting a good job done. Target delegates authority to their store managers...LET THEM MANAGE! I was sad to leave Target Morayfield, but not sad to leave Target.
Pros
Great team, great boss
Cons
Politics
Really good place with food shops just right outside the store
Team Member (Former Employee) –  St Marys NSW3 November 2017
The manager was so nice and gave me different opportunities to work in different types of environments and also the staff was so nice as well they showed me around and helped me do my work if i got stuck.
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
Standing and running around in circles
Fantastic transition into the workforce
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrawong NSW16 October 2017
Target Australia offers a fantastic opportunity for people entering the workforce for a first time. My role as a customer service assistant has provided me with a number of skills that will benefit me for years to come, including service skills, cash handling, and general administrative skills.
Long hours, understaffed and poor management skills
LADIES AND BEAUTY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Belconnen ACT16 October 2017
The work and the people in which you work with are good, and the work is not difficult, but it is always busy, none-stop movement. The management is poor and can be, at times, rude and unhelpful in times of high stress. Many of the employees are not friendly.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Cons
long hours, poor management
Casual
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forster NSW10 October 2017
I worked at Target as my first job and I loved it. The customers were not that hard to handle. The employees I worked with were nice and easy to get along with. I would work their again.
Pros
Happiness
Cons
Not enough hours
Staff are great to work with
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shellharbour NSW4 October 2017
I was management for almost 10 years. But now work part time due to children.
Target is a great company to work for and ive known most of my fellow team members for the 15 years ive worked there.
Cons
Work life balance
It's was okay, not as exciting
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Broadway NSW28 September 2017
The staff was distant and there was no communication between the management and the employees. Which made it very hard to work and very hard to know what was going on and not being able to see the marketing sales. And there was hardly any meeting.