Target Australia Employee Reviews

Understaffed & unappreciated
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS16 September 2017
Worked at Target for a long time. Had some good managers in early years & terrible rude mean ones in my last few years. They were unapproachable and sour.
The staff part timers/casuals were mostly lovely. At times you would be the only staff member around & running 3 or more different areas with no help from management. Customers would get cross as they'd want to be served & not wait in lines for ages. Some regular Customers over the years were Sweet and a pleasure to serve.
Bonus was you got to buy the bargains/markdowns.
Pros
First look at Bargains markdowns
Cons
Rude mean managers, Shoplifters
Very Poor Management
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canberra City ACT7 September 2017
General bottom level staff were great and friendly, however managment were terrible. There was one instance where I was made to work through a break because the store manager didn't know the award. When I proceeded to show him that I was entitled to the break, I was dismissed because he was 'too busy', and didn't think I had the right award (I did, 2012 SDA Agreement).
Pros
Good for Students
Cons
Poor Management
Good people to work with
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Erskine Park NSW4 September 2017
Being in a warehouse with good people makes the workplace better. I enjoyed working at target had great bosses and made new friends. It was a job I loved to go to everyday.
Pros
Seeing all the new products
Cons
Wasn't full time
cold enviorment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Griffith NSW3 September 2017
they treat you like you are nothing
they have no respect for you or your capabilities
if you have a health problem then ... bad luck !!!
no career incentives
not enough working hours
Pros
Cons
everything
varied and productive work enviroment
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indooroopilly QLD28 August 2017
My daily duties included updating weekly team member rosters in kronos and maintaining these rosters and timesheets to actual hours worked.Maintaining team member payroll records and leave approvals.Also I maintained 20 cash registers,investigating any large variances.Cash duties included daily cash balancing and cash banking.
Pros
Friendly work enviroment
Good
Casual Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redbank Plains QLD27 August 2017
Target is a good company to work for I'm just looking for more of a challenge. I want to learn new skills and have more challengers.
I have amazing customer service skills. Also have learnt a lot but now is the time I need more.
hard going
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knox City Centre VIC24 August 2017
Target will make you work extremely hard, some days it will be worth it as you learn but other days it will make you feel like a slave.
lovely coworkers.
Pros
Hours
Cons
management
Various
Warehouse Packer (Former Employee) –  Eastgardens NSW17 August 2017
i held various roles within Target Australia. To ensure that the customers needs were met and that the prices on the shelf matched that of the register.
Alright
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD8 August 2017
Nice work place. But you gotta be able to learn fast and not be slow on the job! You gotta keep up and move stock fast. Also keep an eye on customers and attend to any help they may need.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Short or long hours
Great staff
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southland Centre VIC31 July 2017
Poor upper management. No interaction with staff on the floor , before implementing change. Very much an "us and them" environment. No opportunity for advancement.
Great company. Staff discount card
Checkout/ Layby Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tea Tree Plaza SA13 July 2017
Good place to work. Enjoy the regular customers that come into the store. Very busy. Only a job for someone who can multitask. I learned a lot of newx skills. Layby, registers counting. Click and collect orders.Answering telephone calls. Dealing with customer problems. Refunds and exchanges. Markdowns and
writing off damaged stock. I was trusted to handle most ofthis myself with tbe back up of management if needed.
Pros
Regular social morning teas
Cons
Late night trading everyday
The staff were nice, good management and a fun environment
Retail Operations (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW12 July 2017
Every day was the same, getting assigned to the job and doing it. I learnt better communication skills and this helped in boosting my confidence for my everyday life. The most enjoyable part of the job had to be the nice customers.
fun and easy to work for target
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mildura VIC6 July 2017
I really enjoy working for target as I was there for 4 years and loved it I started to lose a lot of work because I got older which sucked and they didn't call me in for a shift for a couple of months
Pros
hours went fast
Cons
didn't have set hours
Overworked/understaffed
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 July 2017
Typical day at work is stressful. There is a big learning curve at this job due to minimal training and assumed knowledge/experience. It seems that this company continues to strip back the number of workers while expecting people to increase their workload. Overall, not impressed.
A fantastic place to work
Web Content Administrator (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC29 June 2017
Working at Target in the Online team is exciting and forever-changing. Solid leadership, drive and commitment to succeed forms part of the culture along with an enjoyable team-orientated environment.
High work load but family orientated company.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chadstone VIC28 June 2017
Company is currently under many changes, hence more work load that need to be carried by its staff. However, fellow workers are committed in working together as a team.
Great workplace for a first job
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA20 June 2017
I enjoyed working for Target. Target was my first job and gave me a great high standard of customer service skills. The staff and management were very friendly and understanding.
Pros
Social job
Cons
Long hours standing in one place
not a bad place to work if you're familiar with their ways
Trainee Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA18 June 2017
a great company, however the training provided was minimal. Stock was good although some of their best practice initiatives didnt work as well as they could have
work experience
Customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA14 June 2017
respect other people is personal space and be a very reliable person. hardest port of the job is when I customer complains of something and you try to find away to resolve the problem but they are still complaining.
Enjoyable moment is when is everything is going well and your customer are walking out of the store with a smile on their face.
Pros
lunch
Productive and okay environment
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 June 2017
Staff were friendly and easy to get along with. Generally good workplace culture but management was forever changing. Learned various retail skills that can translate into similar future jobs.
Pros
Good Salary