Target Australia Employee Reviews

Very busy
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC20 November 2017
This is a very demanding job, it is very busy because there is a lot of work to do - processing stock, displaying stock and making sure you are hitting appropriate sales targets. Great staff.
Pros
Staff Discount
Fun work place with carrying people
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Fields NSW19 November 2017
Target was a good place for work experience, it has helped me to gain knowledge at a retail store, but also giving me the ability to become a confident individual in speaking up
Really good place with food shops just right outside the store
Team Member (Former Employee) –  St Marys NSW3 November 2017
The manager was so nice and gave me different opportunities to work in different types of environments and also the staff was so nice as well they showed me around and helped me do my work if i got stuck.
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
Standing and running around in circles
Fantastic transition into the workforce
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrawong NSW16 October 2017
Target Australia offers a fantastic opportunity for people entering the workforce for a first time. My role as a customer service assistant has provided me with a number of skills that will benefit me for years to come, including service skills, cash handling, and general administrative skills.
Long hours, understaffed and poor management skills
LADIES AND BEAUTY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Belconnen ACT16 October 2017
The work and the people in which you work with are good, and the work is not difficult, but it is always busy, none-stop movement. The management is poor and can be, at times, rude and unhelpful in times of high stress. Many of the employees are not friendly.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Cons
long hours, poor management
Casual
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forster NSW10 October 2017
I worked at Target as my first job and I loved it. The customers were not that hard to handle. The employees I worked with were nice and easy to get along with. I would work their again.
Pros
Happiness
Cons
Not enough hours
Staff are great to work with
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shellharbour NSW4 October 2017
I was management for almost 10 years. But now work part time due to children.
Target is a great company to work for and ive known most of my fellow team members for the 15 years ive worked there.
Cons
Work life balance
It's was okay, not as exciting
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Broadway NSW28 September 2017
The staff was distant and there was no communication between the management and the employees. Which made it very hard to work and very hard to know what was going on and not being able to see the marketing sales. And there was hardly any meeting.
Typical day working at Target
Registers (Former Employee) –  Kadina SA25 September 2017
A typical day at work consists of goals being fulfilled
I learnt that not all jobs can be completed individually and that if help is required always as a team member. The hardest part of the job is excepting that the customer is always right even of they are wrong, you must act in a professional and polite manner. The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with others and working as a team.
Pros
Customer Service experience
Cons
Rude customers
Understaffed & unappreciated
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS16 September 2017
Worked at Target for a long time. Had some good managers in early years & terrible rude mean ones in my last few years. They were unapproachable and sour.
The staff part timers/casuals were mostly lovely. At times you would be the only staff member around & running 3 or more different areas with no help from management. Customers would get cross as they'd want to be served & not wait in lines for ages. Some regular Customers over the years were Sweet and a pleasure to serve.
Bonus was you got to buy the bargains/markdowns.
Pros
First look at Bargains markdowns
Cons
Rude mean managers, Shoplifters
Great people to work with
Customer service supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maroochydore QLD12 September 2017
Overall I enjoyed working with Target Australia. Great team members, was unfortunate my Job role was made redundant. I really enjoyed the customer interaction, It was what I have always done and what I know.
Very Poor Management
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canberra City ACT7 September 2017
General bottom level staff were great and friendly, however managment were terrible. There was one instance where I was made to work through a break because the store manager didn't know the award. When I proceeded to show him that I was entitled to the break, I was dismissed because he was 'too busy', and didn't think I had the right award (I did, 2012 SDA Agreement).
Pros
Good for Students
Cons
Poor Management
Good people to work with
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Erskine Park NSW4 September 2017
Being in a warehouse with good people makes the workplace better. I enjoyed working at target had great bosses and made new friends. It was a job I loved to go to everyday.
Pros
Seeing all the new products
Cons
Wasn't full time
cold enviorment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Griffith NSW3 September 2017
they treat you like you are nothing
they have no respect for you or your capabilities
if you have a health problem then ... bad luck !!!
no career incentives
not enough working hours
Pros
Cons
everything
varied and productive work enviroment
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indooroopilly QLD28 August 2017
My daily duties included updating weekly team member rosters in kronos and maintaining these rosters and timesheets to actual hours worked.Maintaining team member payroll records and leave approvals.Also I maintained 20 cash registers,investigating any large variances.Cash duties included daily cash balancing and cash banking.
Pros
Friendly work enviroment
Good
Casual Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redbank Plains QLD27 August 2017
Target is a good company to work for I'm just looking for more of a challenge. I want to learn new skills and have more challengers.
I have amazing customer service skills. Also have learnt a lot but now is the time I need more.
hard going
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knox City Centre VIC24 August 2017
Target will make you work extremely hard, some days it will be worth it as you learn but other days it will make you feel like a slave.
lovely coworkers.
Pros
Hours
Cons
management
Various
Warehouse Packer (Former Employee) –  Eastgardens NSW17 August 2017
i held various roles within Target Australia. To ensure that the customers needs were met and that the prices on the shelf matched that of the register.
Alright
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD8 August 2017
Nice work place. But you gotta be able to learn fast and not be slow on the job! You gotta keep up and move stock fast. Also keep an eye on customers and attend to any help they may need.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Short or long hours
Great staff
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southland Centre VIC31 July 2017
Poor upper management. No interaction with staff on the floor , before implementing change. Very much an "us and them" environment. No opportunity for advancement.