Telstra Employee Reviews

Busy and a fun place to work with many benfits
Billing Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW20 November 2017
I found that Telstra is a very good company to work for. A day in Telstra was implementing contracts and taking to the customer explaining what we had implemented and what there bill look like. Every day you would learn something new and management were able to guide you. The culture was good as everybody got into help each other. The hardest part was making sure that we that the robots were programmed right as one in correct figure would make all the difference between a good customer experience and not. The most enjoyable part was seeing a good customer experience.
Commitment To Excellence
Consultant/ Floor Support (Former Employee) –  Adelaide15 November 2017
As A Blue Chip Company Aussies Telstra Bravely Leads The Telecommunications Industry
As A Strong Believer In Telstra Products and its network as a superior carrier to stay in touch with family, friends, and to do business with everybody, my effort went to a winning culture and making us and the share holders profitable.
Pros
Free Gifts and Functions
Cons
No Parking at City offices
Was ok at first, then not. Then better.
General Manager of Retail Store (Former Employee) –  Roselands, NSW15 November 2017
Telstra was supportive of their management. One exception was a temporary manager that had stepped in the role until a replacement was set. Very condescending.
Productive,fun work place with an awesome job culture
Field Deployment Officer - NBNco. Support (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 November 2017
It was indeed a great pleasure working at Telstra, Enjoyed working with a fun filled team who are dedicated and committed to provide excellent service to the stakeholders of the company.

The immense support provided by the management was excellent and has always been so helpful

Workplace culture at Telstra always inspires you to reach your goals and aspire to follow your dreams
Pros
Free food, Awesome culture
Cons
N/a
Fast paced working in
Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD13 November 2017
A well paced work, timed in completing queries in 28 seconds, assisting customers in a call centre. Manned twenty four hours per day will a terrific team of staff.
Pros
The flexibility in swapping rosters
Cons
Working late shifts
Telstra
Sr.Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 November 2017
It is a good organization to work.Work life balance is amazing .I have learned lot of new change management process in details. Management is supportive and nice. The hardest part of the job is processes so many processes for a small change it is expected to have in a big organization. I enjoyed my tenure in telstra a lot ,Good team work.
Great team to work for!
Change Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW9 November 2017
Telstra was a great company to work for. The management I was under were always support of me and contributed positively to the workplace culture. I looked forward to going to work as the team I worked in were great.
Average pay, variable quality roles
Design & Build Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 November 2017
Can be a good place to work in the right team. Obviously with a huge company there can be differences in culture but it's a mixed bag. Pay is average, but work life balance is great and allowances can be made for individual circumstances.
Workplace suffered through privatisation
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Various locations in NSW4 November 2017
What started as a great job with good remuneration and excellent job security deteriorated over time (especially after privatisation and over-regulation) to a place with stressful conditions, fairly average salary, very little appreciation of hard work and what appeared to be a general lack of concern for their employees. Management structure was very large with many layers from CEO to team leaders resulting in a fairly chaotic workplace. Messaging through these layers was often distorted. Used to have excellent in-house training but that disappeared entirely. I watched many extremely talented employees being shown the door due to ill-management and cost cutting, which made for a very demoralising environment.
Pros
Corporation very supportive of diversity in all areas
Cons
Long hours, unnecessary commute, lack of appreciation, flawed performance reviews
Great place to work!
Manager, Operational (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia28 October 2017
Great place to work! Only left due to restructuring, but would work there again in a heartbeat! Great place to move your way up the corporate ladder, very flexible and generous remuneration
Flexible workplace
Senior Bid Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC25 October 2017
Fast paced, dynamic role that offered great flexibility but only limited learning and promotion opportunities.
Often hampered by too many procedures and gates.
Pros
Felxibility, Salary
Always busy but also very productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD23 October 2017
You get to spend a lot of time with people you have known for a long time in the business almost like a family. You never do the same skills for the years spend on this company as technology changes so as your skills so there is always something new to learn.

You have help not only from the company but also for personal issues you may experience in your life. They look after you for health and safety as well as mentality.
Good work culture, and good benefits for staff
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chatswood NSW23 October 2017
Good work culture, and good benefits for staff. A lot to learn. On the job training provided. Can be stressful at times, however I do enjoy helping customers solve problems to find the best solutions.
Pros
good managment
Cons
can be stressful at times
Having team meetings every two weeks
Credit Management/Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 October 2017
Training at Telstra was for 10 weeks and you were trained in a lot of aspects of the job - even sitting at a desk with other workers to listen to the call.
We had team meetings every two weeks where with the Supervisor but suggestions forward or to say how certain calls were and try and sort out any problems that happened.
These meetings were like a support and training from Telstra and I found them to be so very useful as you could get information and ideas from co-workers.
Learned to listen to customer and the workplace culture was amazing - very little disagreement between staff.
The hardest part of the job was leaving - this position was one the best that I have ever had and was sorry to have left.
Interaction with Managers & Supervisors was amazing they were so approachable and would take the time to hear the problem and work together to sort it out.
Pros
Every month morning tea & internet cafe for everyone to use
Cons
Long hours but was worth it
Great place to build confidence in customer relations
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dapto NSW21 October 2017
Excellent environment to work in to learn how to work in a team in a fast pace environment. Learnt excellent people skills and cash handling, have a better understanding of how to deal with complaints.
Productive business with incredible focus on customer experience
General Manager - Subscriber Operations (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC20 October 2017
Have enjoyed my time and had the opportunity to collect some great experiences. The work is both challenging and rewarding. There are opportunities for movement and progression within Telstra but progression beyond General Manager and equivalent tier is more difficult.
Pros
Challenging work with great experiences
Cons
Can be long hours in some jobs where there is a continuous stream of fast paced activity
Good Atmosphere
Claims officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 October 2017
I was very happy while working with Telstra wholesale. The work culture, atmosphere, staff, Team leaders all work cooperatively in a team to achieve the targets. Telstra is very reputed company and they take care of their employees. Training was provided for any new task and the Team leaders always help if the need arises.We know about our performance and work done in one on one . Overall very good company. to work with Telstra wholesale is a good exposure.
Pros
we go to team lunches and do celebrations
Cons
The office was in CBD which is far away from my place. It takes a long hours for travelling.
Inclusive and enjoyable place to work; sense of pride and community service
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC18 October 2017
Typical day filled with meetings, emails and a variety of tasks that enable one to grow their career in different directions without the mundane or boredom of silo structured organisations,

My biggest learning from working at Telstra is you get out what you put in; the organisation has a plethora of opportunities that are available to anyone who is prepared to undertake these for self-growth without expectations. Too often, careers are slowed or halted because people expect something for taking on extra; the mindset people must have is self development and the foresight to understand that the rewards of persistence are there for those who make the effort without expectation.
Management is supportive and sympathetic and genuinely attempt to foster a dynamic, inclusive and diverse workplace; There is a higher focus on making the workplace environment flexible, fun and encouraging initiative. Some areas are more advanced in this area than others but holistically the organisation has advanced under solid leadership over the past 10 years.
The hardest area of the job is influencing and negotiating with others to make the cultural shift from thinking only of their own targets and workloads and discover the larger picture that centres around the organisations goals and it's customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, the relationships that you can easily forge within the company and the sense of community service you feel you provide by performing your role.
Pros
Collaborative Culture, supporting diversity and inclusion
Cons
too many sign off layers in decision making, more focus on customer service less on finance
24 years. Huge scope of work.
Managing Director (National (Former Employee) –  Australia18 October 2017
Began in 1976. Became a Lineman in training. Progressed to be a Team Leader\Manager. by 2000.
Enjoyed my career entirely. Covered outdoor activities, SNI, Team Leader and Data Management. Outsourced in 2000. Formed a company and Managed that company for 13 years. Before funding removed. Last four years helping and performing large size cable cutovers.
Pros
Terrific experience. Travelled Australia.
Cons
Cold night shifts and very hot days.
Very unprofessional atmosphere
consltant (Current Employee) –  Armadale WA12 October 2017
In my working career in last 13 years, working at Telstra has been the worst experience. management is very unprofessional. management people can get their hair as rainbow colored but staff cant even drink water from a bottle. very biased and racist atmosphere. I would never recommend working in Telstra even to my enemy
Cons
unprofessional and racist environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telstra. Our community is ready to answer.