Telstra Employee Reviews

Good job culture
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 February 2018
Good place to work and learn. The work/ life balance if nice.
There are many benefits apart from salary. Job security is great.
Here is the best job culture I enjoy in my entire career.
First job
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 February 2018
This was my first job working in an office environment, the role itself exposed me to a better understanding of how an office functions and how projects are managed, improving my knowledge of things like basic Microsoft Office skills, databases etc.

The culture was fine, perhaps a little stale. Not a terribly stimulating workplace and personally my role didn't involve a great deal of training. The people were by and large good and had a willingness to help you to learn new skills and understanding, but this was more of an ad hoc nature rather than any kind of formal training.
A difficult place to work but good team work to get you through it.
Sales Representative & Client Support (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 February 2018
Stressful job roles, little support in critical areas and constantly changing focus. Managers are all about the money and the customer is put to the side, making everything harder.
Experience
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 February 2018
For all the time I have worked there and smaller Jobs all be it voluntary or helping out this has taught me we were very well looked after if you are doing the right thing. Process and procedure are I believe Paramount.
Pros
Great money and choices
Cons
Alot of pressure
Busy environment with a very collaborative team
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC1 February 2018
Often busy but very well planned work schedules, the best learning experience has been improved planning to and scheduling to keep design and development within a budget.
The management team are excellent, very supportive and always available and open to new design innovations.
In a high-pressure environment where deadlines are paramount, the collaborative culture is first class.
The most difficult aspect is balancing commitments between multiple projects to ensure all remain on track.
The best part of the job is the incredibly talented team I work with.
Pros
Varied work with scope for individual flare
Cons
Often reduced deadlines
Great company
General Manager, Transmission (Former Employee) –  Clayton VIC31 January 2018
Things change in the telecommunications business, and Telstra always ensures it's people and network are ahead of the game. I enjoyed my time there and have the utmost respect for those I worked with.
Pros
People and the work are both amazing.
Cons
Very few.
Nice company
Sales (Former Employee) –  brisbane31 January 2018
Sales role for a fixed term contract
B2B Sales
Liaised with existing customers
Advised of new products and services
Customer services
Bonus scheme
Fun environment
Training
I once liked my job.
Sales Assistant - Store (Former Employee) –  Tasmania30 January 2018
After new management, the job became repetitive and the store was treated like a classrom. If you work in a store, you'd need to make sure you have the right manager. Too many incompetent or unsuited personalities in the management teams. Targets are unreachable and there isn't much recognition for achieving them. Commission bonuses aren't allocated appropriately, there for, incentive to sell isn't there.
Alot of gaming for targets being reached. Customer satisfaction surveys aren't structured properly, confusing customers and tricking them into giving you low scores. Just saying.

Oh and the systems are just wrong and make you want do the old wrist violin.

I'm glad I'm out of there.

Oh the free phone plan was mint though 👌
Pros
Free phone plan
Cons
Bad management - No recognition
Contract work
PROGRAM PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR (ASSIGNMENT) (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW29 January 2018
Putting together runs and differing tasks for the drivers, using a graphics system as a logistics tool as to see when workers be able to reach approx appointtment times etc.
Pros
Easy going pace and lots of support
Cons
Contract
NBN Fibre Delivery Program
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 January 2018
Customer FIRST. No surprises and always deliver projects on time and within allocated budget. To ensure continues risk analysis and issue are managed and on time escalations with senior management to avoid surprises.
Telstra Corporation Ltd - Corporate Contract Accounts - Sydney NSW
Cor[porate Accounts Management (Contracts) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 January 2018
Receive from Corporate Sales Monthly Data for Customer.
Enter details into computer database with details of calls as follows:
Local Calls, Regional Calls, Std Calls, ISDN Mucro Calls, ISDN Macro Calls, Private Network Call Charges, 1800 Calls, 1300 Calls, 13 Calls, Directory Charges, Gst Charges.
Prepare Approved Hard Copy of Call Charges and submit to Corporate Accounts Team for filing.
Liaise with customer re any disputation of account and investigate claim. Inform customer of validity of claim and either adjust account as required or create hard copy of rejection for Corporate Accounts.
Hardest part of the job was to convince the customer that all call types were not included in the special rate they received. e.g. 13 calls.
Most enjoyable part of the job was to achieve co-operation and good
relations with the customer.
Pros
High Pressure Job with many `benefits working with a good team.
Cons
Many personnel allowed Stress from the pressure to get to them.
Very well educated
Betta Home Living -Telstra Dealership (Current Employee) –  Port Lincoln SA20 January 2018
Offered thorough education of role within company. Great back up support through website and call centre operators. Great team environment. Very good place to work.
Polictics
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 January 2018
Management play politics,no support,no mentors,if volunteered to do something else no encouragement and they show no interest,number game,stressful environment,discriminative and full of bullying,don't let people progress
Pros
Cons
Horrible company
Very unorganised business in my opinion.
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mornington15 January 2018
The management is very unaware of how the systems and the staff are run. There is very little room to make a mistake as they are quick to blame without ensuring ANY training when starting out.. these issues if bought to the attention of the owner are dismissed and ignored constantly.
Telstra is a political company
Specialist Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney15 January 2018
At Telstra, you get to work on complex projects. Over 6 years I had 7 managers. The place was very political. There was the ex IBM, Ex Telstra and Ex Optus clans. It was difficult to advance your career.
Pros
technically competent
Cons
Politics
Its a good place to work.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 January 2018
Its a good place to work. It gives us flexibility to work. Its a good place to learn. Management is good. One can learn and grow in this organisation.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dubbo NSW5 January 2018
Job was a casual fill in job. As they were sending account off shore all information on staff had to be reloaded onto new system prior to closing. Was an excellent friendly environment to work in.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Job was not ongoing
Telstra
Outbound customer service ( priority assistance) (Former Employee) –  Windaree Victoria3 January 2018
Outbound calls are both fun and interesting. Staff were great, clean new buildings but the computer software was old and outdated. Easy parking, low wages.
Pros
Onsite parking
Cons
Old software
Great customer centered company culture
TECHNICAL SERVICE MANAGER / Network Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney CBD18 December 2017
I experienced great teams across my many years working at Telstra and the staff have a genuine customer first culture. Great opportunities for moving across different parts of the business.
good working environment and top management support
Compliance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 December 2017
I enjoyed my time in Telstra.

Great learnings and leadership.
Additionally, there were plenty of opportunities for advancement and new contract positions in varied fields of my expertise
Pros
Working landscape
Cons
tight timeline for deliverables

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telstra. Our community is ready to answer.