Telstra Employee Reviews

great people to work with, management were wonderful
Drafting, technical phone support (Former Employee) –  Bendigo VIC14 September 2017
Typical day at work could mean staying in office at drafting board or field work gathering infomation to take back to office for a project. I learnt many skills from talking and working with other department to the growth and confidence in my own ability. The management were in my experience wonderful, helpful who took the time to listen to any issues l had. The workplace culture in the departments l worked in was fantastic everyone got along and showed respect for each other. I don't believe there was a hard part to my role with the company. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job was just going to work each day with a wonderful group of people to work with who became friends as well as colleagues.
Pros
alternating shifts
Cons
none really
Great culture, commitment to training, room to move, willing to embrace change
IT Operations Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC11 September 2017
Great culture, commitment to training, room to move, willing to embrace change, revolving door. Improving on customer focus.
Moving to DevOps/Agile model. Collaboration is taking hold of company culture.
Pros
opportunity to train and acquire new skills
Cons
in cost cutting mode
Field Service Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD10 September 2017
I enjoyed my time working here, I found it very rewarding and the pay and conditions were great. by far one of the best places I have worked in my time is the workforce.
Productive, family orientated, enjoyable & friendly staff, great people to work with
Customer Service / Editing (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 September 2017
Fantastic work group, great training provided, workers not 'pressured ' or timed so the environment caused staff to reach all targets and achieve workloads.
Pros
Family orientated, allowed changes to working hours
Cons
Situated in the cbd
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 September 2017
Worked in CBD office 3 days and 2 days from home office when able to, saving on long commute.
Learned communicate with clients and co-workers.
Management were mostly easy to get on with but strict.
The culture is highly diverse and caters all.
Hardest part of job was to keep confidentiality between all clients.
Enjoyable was working with all contacts external as well as internal.
Accepted redundancy when offered.
Pros
Lots of perks and free events.
Cons
Late finish time.
Workplace culture
Customer Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane City QLD29 August 2017
This is an important aspect of the working environment. The workplace culture accepts any culture or background, thus encourages the individual to participate and share knowledge with others.
Pros
Strong and efectftive communication
Cons
judgement
Temporary Job
Telecommunications Advisor (Former Employee) –  Perth, Western Australia25 August 2017
Interesting tackling something different - working in the International Call Centre as part of a team covering 24 hour service in 8 hour shifts. Good fun.
Pros
Flexible hours, good rate of pay
Cons
Sometimes boring periods
great company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW23 August 2017
loved working at this place I learned so many things about sales and people working with this brand which to be honest deserves top ratings for how they treat their employees.
Great team and supportive management
Fault Centre Operator / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pitt Street NSW23 August 2017
A typical day was spent taking calls for building faults and then organising contractors to come and make repairs. Also keeping track of the company vehicles.
Pros
Very Supportive Team
Cons
Travel time into city
was a busy fun loving work place that has made me grow as a person, and meet my 100% portential
Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 August 2017
working at Telstra has been an amazing experience and has help me be the person I am today. they have given me experience and life skills that I can adapt to any working environment.
Great team, management and work flexibility
Technical Solutions Team Manager/Solutions Lead (Current Employee) –  Australia15 August 2017
Great company to work for, very accommodating, flexible working arrangements were encouraged. Opportunities to progress career, great people, team work and management.
Good work life balance and great benefits
Big Data Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia14 August 2017
As Telstra used to be a government organisation, still the hangover is there and it is clearly visible. Company is trying to position itself as new gen Tech company and it takes time. other than that a great company to work for.
First 15 years off the job was great.
Communications Technician - Various (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA14 August 2017
As a telecom tech i was involved installing and maintaining phone systems data services ,pay phones ete.At the time technology was changing all the time so had many training courses. Local management was very supportive .workplace culture was great with linesmen and technicians working together. The hardest part off the job was when all work was centalised to over east and recieved jobs by computor. The best part off the job was always meetng different work collegues and the public.
Pros
9 day fortnight social life
Its what you make it !
Customer Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA7 August 2017
Be prepared for a changing environment everyday, - and if you love to take control of of your own learning and development then Telstra is a great place for that and they will be 100% behind you.
Good team environment
CALL CENTRE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD3 August 2017
i enjoyed working for tesltra in the call centre because we would have goals and sales targets. i like having these because it made me feel good when i met them.
Once upon a time
Senior Telecommunications Technical Officer STTO (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 July 2017
Once upon a time It was a great place to work.
The technical level was dealt with internally by fully Telstra trained technicians and Technical officers. Business models changed as did the industry with the evolution of Technology. Telstra is still the best in Australia for Telecommunications.
Pros
Rostered days off
Cons
GPS tracking
Telstra
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Australia28 July 2017
I started with Telstra in 2004 and remained with Telstra until redundancy in 2016 due to downsizing in the business area that i worked in it was a fantastic company to work for great employer lots of opportunities I advanced through the company and loved every minute.
I left and we returned home to New Zealand and now seeking a new position.
Pros
Excellent Employer
Good Company
Team Leader, Trainer and Quality assessor (Former Employee) –  Adelaide28 July 2017
Good Company to work for. Sorry I am being made redundant.
I really enjoyed my time with Telstra, I was given good opportunities and was a good culture within the company.
Pros
good culture
Cons
being made redundant.
Fast paced, dynamic workplace
Service Level Manger (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 July 2017
Ability to have time to work on individual projects and then partake in group projects. team structure is small and aids development and communication.
Pros
Stable company base
I liked that I got to help people
Credit Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC26 July 2017
I worked in credit management and I was able to help people organize payment arrangements so they could pay their bill, so their services wouldnt get disconnected.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
some people can be abusive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telstra. Our community is ready to answer.